Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It makes me sad this is the last time we'll get to hear the late Kevin Conroy's voice as Batman, and it's in a crappy game.
I do appreciate this, but I'm going to sit this one out. I have no need to make myself angry or sad. As far as I'm concerned this game doesn't exist. I know Conroy did his best and did an excellent job. Arkham Knight and Injustice 2 are his last roles as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I do appreciate this, but I'm going to sit this one out. I have no need to make myself angry or sad. As far as I'm concerned this game doesn't exist. I know Conroy did his best and did an excellent job. Arkham Knight and injustice 2 are his last rolls as far as I am concerned.
In a hypothetical case this game does exist, the best way I can describe is like having a filet mignon with a bunch of junk foods

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, it will atleast have an easier time making Ellie's response to her own horrid action feel more genuine without the countless NPC goons murdered inbetween. It's kinda stupid seeing her shocked that she hit a downed woman with a pipe after having already killed 3 dozen people in the most brutal fashion.
Yeah, some devs don't seem to realize that it's hard to buy the "she's so vulnerable, look how badly that act of violence affected her" narrative when she's got a body count that'd make Pol Pot give her a wary glance. See also Croft, Lara.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yeah, some devs don't seem to realize that it's hard to buy the "she's so vulnerable, look how badly that act of violence affected her" narrative when she's got a body count that'd make Pol Pot give her a wary glance. See also Croft, Lara.
Well, new Lara Croft anyway. Old Lara has that cheeky streak like so many protagonists that gives the impression it’s only murder when other people do it.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Only the more recent cinematic fare. TR: Anniversary remains in good standing.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, most developers today are off the 'that violence makes you think though, ey' kick that they were on a decade ago. But Naughty Dog (or I guess Druckmann) thought it was still 2013. Which is odd because the first game came out a decade ago and has a far better take on violence in games than the sequel by simply not putting so much emphasis on it. I mean, it's there for Joel to ignore and for Ellie to go 'what the fuck' in response, but it doesn't obnoxiously hinge its characters or plot on it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Story mode LP w/Max. Playlist has been set up.

A Review between Max, Justin, and Matt. They do a deep discussion with story mode and online. There are no spoilers, as Matt and Justin have not finished story mode yet. Interesting trivia: most of the DOA developers left after DOA6 to work on Namco. It means the DOA franchise is officially dead. The irony levels are off the chain, given the history between Tekken and DOA.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Gameplay of Vampire Bloodlines 2

I don't know. Doesn't look very enticing. Then again, minute to minute gameplay in the original Bloodlines wasn't great either, when it wasn't janking the fuck out. It was more about the writing, the characters, the factions. A 'more than the sum of its parts" affair. Maybe this will be as well.

Also, a vampire named Phyre. Yes, it's not pronounced like vampire, but you sure that's what you want to go with, Chinese Room?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Gameplay of Vampire Bloodlines 2

I don't know. Doesn't look very enticing. Then again, minute to minute gameplay in the original Bloodlines wasn't great either, when it wasn't janking the fuck out. It was more about the writing, the characters, the factions. A 'more than the sum of its parts" affair. Maybe this will be as well.

Also, a vampire named Phyre. Yes, it's not pronounced like vampire, but you sure that's what you want to go with, Chinese Room?
Mostly seems like a dishonored like game, but honestly I'm just surprised its still alive.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So the only hero they treat with respect is also the only female hero in the Justice League. Meanwhile they totally shit on Batman, the hero that made Rocksteady the studio it is today. Nevermind sexism, these writers (probably that Sweet Baby Inc company) just hate men flat out. They have no respect to legacy, to history, to anything, the only thing they care about is tearing down male characters regardless of who they are.

No wonder I'm mostly playing Japanese made games these days. The West is fucked.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No wonder I'm mostly playing Japanese made games these days. The West is fucked.
Hahaha 😂, no! I'm not coming to the defense of this game, but that's a load of big bull and you know it. The world's not going to end for men nor women in any part of the world, just because of a bad product. They're still plenty from the West from the big, medium, or small. There's still plenty of guy focused action movies that come out now and today. The Beekeeper just came out a few weeks ago. Not to forget that there are plenty of AA and smaller indie games from the West that treat men and women will respect and don't rely on sexist tropes. Unintentional or not.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I saw that movie and it was terrible. Imagine if John Wick was written by a 12 year old that liked bees.
Speak for yourself. I consider it pretty good. The fact the movie is doing great says otherwise. I find it better than all the John Wick sequels. Mainly 4.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Well, AK certainly seems to look better. But I wonder if Suicide Squad had the same amount of reflective surfaces and wet/watery effect, would AK still look better?