Funny events in anti-woke world

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
"Artist, polymath, illustrator, explorer, conceptual thinker, subverter, mystic, obsessive researcher, reader, querent, introverted, experimenter, honest,..."
:rolleyes: Oh god. The pomposity makes me want to stab my own eyes out.

To be fair, as long as she's 21 or under, I could just about swallow that as the generic twattery of youth. Like all those teens writing incredibly shit poetry to "express themselves" and feel like they're so deep and meaningful.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
:rolleyes: Oh god. The pomposity makes me want to stab my own eyes out.

To be fair, as long as she's 21 or under, I could just about swallow that as the generic twattery of youth. Like all those teens writing incredibly shit poetry to "express themselves" and feel like they're so deep and meaningful.
Such enviable hope. The birth scriptures say 51 though - so only three decades of personal development behind the average. Could still catch up once the last of the synonyms for "me big brain clever clogs" are rinsed for all they're worth, and applied focus elsewhere.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Haley getting its ass kicked by an unexpected dark horse, "no one"

No need pointing out this outcome is a result from Nevadans actually wanting Trump, which they'll no doubt prove soon

What a dumbass.
It's not wrong. The Chinese model is no doubt very appealing to the Schwabs of this world (on the condition of being on top, of course)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands

What a dumbass.
For someone who's already accused of being the shadow dictator of the entire world....for some reason he should probably keep such thoughts to himself.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
However unlikely tucker being arrested for treason may be, the thought of it still warms the cockles on a cold winter's night.

Isn't Hasan also on team Putin? Being on the record as claiming the theft of Crimea was ''a completely justified fucking act''

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Isn't Hasan also on team Putin? Being on the record as claiming the theft of Crimea was ''a completely justified fucking act''
If you'd actually heard what he says, you'd not be asking that question. He's been regularly clear on condemning Putin, the invasion and all the corruption in Russia, as well as mentioning Putin was also a favourite of the west when it was convenient for them. I suggest double checking where these claims are coming from, cause they ain't made in good faith. Though there are plenty of petty criticisms I got of him, his political stances are pretty reasonable typical progressive foundations. Have noticed however it is rather easy to quote him out of context if one were a bad faith actor looking to push further divisions between the left, cause he speaks a lot like a shitposter which is a veritable gold mine for that sort of online insidious political twat-buggery.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Fellas, what if it's not Tucker interviewing Putin, but Putin interviewing Tucker?

On what, you ask?

On job performance.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Kwak

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
If you'd actually heard what he says, you'd not be asking that question. He's been regularly clear on condemning Putin, the invasion and all the corruption in Russia, as well as mentioning Putin was also a favourite of the west when it was convenient for them. I suggest double checking where these claims are coming from, cause they ain't made in good faith. Though there are plenty of petty criticisms I got of him, his political stances are pretty reasonable typical progressive foundations. Have noticed however it is rather easy to quote him out of context if one were a bad faith actor looking to push further divisions between the left, cause he speaks a lot like a shitposter which is a veritable gold mine for that sort of online insidious political twat-buggery.
I shall take that to heart though I struggle to imagine any mitigating context aside from him immediately saying ''lol just kidding!'' after what he said about Crimea.

Him speaking like a shit poster does seem to be a problem since aside from his Crimea quite his other famous one is asking a pirate if he watched One Piece and that what they're doing in the red sea is ''what Luffy would have done''.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
I shall take that to heart though I struggle to imagine any mitigating context aside from him immediately saying ''lol just kidding!'' after what he said about Crimea.

Him speaking like a shit poster does seem to be a problem since aside from his Crimea quite his other famous one is asking a pirate if he watched One Piece and that what they're doing in the red sea is ''what Luffy would have done''.
Tone is indeed a varied, tricksy and bumpy thing in these circles, communication still remains a challenge between the varied progressive groups for sure. 60% of the guy's uploads are eyeroll inducing, so am not wanting to become a resident defender of all they do, as long as they keep maintaining and sharing the basic tenants of progressivism to the people who are more receptive to that sorta lens. (the pirate kid was introduced with the words "quote-on-quote pirate" at the start, though I wasn't interested enough to watch further, I got the impression he didn't believe they were serious. So hearing he asked a dumb question was less surprising than hearing other people interpreted him so seriously)

Mainly though am growing increasingly concerned with how easy it is to get the left to turn on itself while conservatives fueling it slide effortlessly into power on their double-standard surfboards again and again - like living in Britain here there's no finer example as we have pretty much no actual left wing opposition or effective power remaining at all - after so many years of conservatives cementing corruption through further layers of bureaucracy and concentrating ownership of the press into more wealthy RW reactionary hands who've been incredibly motivated at dividing left-wing opposition non-stop, it's completely hopeless for us at this point over here. - Yet America, despite the loud insanity and gun fetishism, has more political/media wiggle room for progressive pathways to leadership that gives me a little hope for the future, so long as the left keeps its eyes ahead on the same shared goals, solidarity, and resist being dragged into purity tests that only ever benefit conservatives. The extent and brazenness of anti-democratic tactics and unhinged disinfo ecosystems the republicans have been using means this is a vast massive uphill battle we can't afford to be picky with allies in building our opposition for.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
However unlikely tucker being arrested for treason may be, the thought of it still warms the cockles on a cold winter's night.
Tucker is at least serving as an example of one reason that people do things like betray their country: becoming so consumed by their own self-importance that they will sell out anything and everything.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Tucker is at least serving as an example of one reason that people do things like betray their country: becoming so consumed by their own self-importance that they will sell out anything and everything.
CPAC had Orban over once so I guess that includes the entire conservative party.