Funny events in anti-woke world

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There are lots of ways that the Republican Party has made it clear that it cannot be trusted with democracy, and showering praise and attention on Viktor Orban is one of them.
Nonsense. There'd still be democracy because you'd still have your choice of Republicans to elect. Totally counts.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
However unlikely tucker being arrested for treason may be, the thought of it still warms the cockles on a cold winter's night.

Apparently there's rumors that Tucker is in the running as a vice-presidential pick by Trump, which makes sense because saying nice things about him is very high on Trump's qualifications list.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Today I learned Megan Markle has voodoo powers she used to kill the Queen and is now doing the same to Charles.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

What a bad decision.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Today I learned Megan Markle has voodoo powers she used to kill the Queen and is now doing the same to Charles.

That's an absurd notion. Proper voodoo practitioners has probably been trying for decades to do that and none succeeded. Some former TV star wasn't going to succeed where genuine voodoo priests have failed.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Did you post this in the wrong place, or am I missing some context here?
The far right has been pretty angry at the series for making Anabeth black. Not so much about Percy being blonde though.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Apparently there's rumors that Tucker is in the running as a vice-presidential pick by Trump, which makes sense because saying nice things about him is very high on Trump's qualifications list.
After all the "I'll be glad to never have to talk about that idiot ever again" leaks? Jouch. No trace of a spine in either of those now is there.

The far right has been pretty angry at the series for making Anabeth black. Not so much about Percy being blonde though.
Fuck the far right. If they want to whinge, then they ought to whinge about the premise of the Greek gods having set up shop in the US of A.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

WELLINGTON, Fla. (WPEC) — A Florida man accused of brutally beating and killing his father was upset after learning his dad received "the vaccine," investigators say.

The 911 caller, who is a friend of the family, described the suspect, Brian Mcgann Jr., as a "delusional conspiracy theorist."

WPEC asked the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO) what type of vaccine caused the 44-year-old man to become upset with his father.

The caller told investigators Mcgann Jr. had also recently started "using cocaine."

According to the arrest report, the woman who placed the 911 call said she could hear the suspect's father, Brian Mcgann Sr., screaming "Stop you are killing me."

The report from PBSO said the call came in around 11:15 p.m. Sunday when deputies responded to the report of a domestic disturbance on Golden Rod Road.

Deputies arrived to find Mcgann Sr. had been attacked and was lying unresponsive on the floor of the living room. The elder Mcgann's face was extremely swollen, battered, and bruised had suffered significant injuries to his face, deputies reported, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Deputies tracked down the suspect, Mcgann Jr., after following a blood trail from a rear window of the home to a fence, which led them to conclude he had jumped into a neighbor's yard to avoid arrest.

The suspect's hands were swollen, and he was covered in blood, the report stated, leading investigators to conclude he was the man who killed his father.

PBSO interviewed the woman who made the 911 call and told deputies that she had been a family friend of the Mcgann's for years, the sheriff's office said.

She told deputies the younger Mcgann appeared to be intoxicated and paranoid.

The caller said Mcgann Jr. called her at around 12:58 p.m. and they had a three-hour phone conversation, according to the complaint.

The woman said Mcgann Jr. called her back at 10:30 p.m. and asked her to pack her belongings and leave the residence because "He was going to be dead." The arrest report said she found the request strange because she lives in Middleburg, Florida.

At 11:07 p.m. Mcgann Jr. placed another phone call to the woman who said he was pulling into his father's residence, the report said.

The woman claimed Mcgann Jr. called her again at 11:10 p.m. and she could hear him screaming at his father. The report continues, that the altercation continued to get extremely violent and chaotic.

She heard Mcgann say, "He is under my foot."

In the report, the caller said she immediately dialed 911.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fuck the far right. If they want to whinge, then they ought to whinge about the premise of the Greek gods having set up shop in the US of A.
'Now they're trying to bring foreign gods into our Great Nation! We need to teach people about good ol' fashion American gods, like Jesus and John Wayne!'

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
'Now they're trying to bring foreign gods into out Great Nation! We need to teach people about good ol' fashion American gods, like Jesus and John Wayne!'
Ironic, that they didn't have a problem with live action or animated depictions of Greek mythology beforehand. So long as everyone was white or looked "white enough". Even though all these characters are Greek.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ironic, that they didn't have a problem with live action or animated depictions of Greek mythology beforehand. So long as everyone was white or looked "white enough". Even though all these characters are Greek.
Next thing you're gonna tell me Jesus wasn't white.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The far right has been pretty angry at the series for making Anabeth black.
Which is the easiest thing to justify because the Greek Gods were, according to my minimal reading, not discerning about who, what and how they stuck their Olympian dicks in. A demi god sired by one of the Greek pantheon in modern America being black is like the least fucking remarkable thing possible.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Which is the easiest thing to justify because the Greek Gods were, according to my minimal reading, not discerning about who, what and how they stuck their Olympian dicks in. A demi god sired one of the Greek pantheon in modern America being black is like the least fucking remarkable thing possible.
That and they could look however they wanted, including black. As Zeus indeed is in the show.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Which is the easiest thing to justify because the Greek Gods were, according to my minimal reading, not discerning about who, what and how they stuck their Olympian dicks in. A demi god sired one of the Greek pantheon in modern America being black is like the least fucking remarkable thing possible.
I can just imagine the argument: "Sure, Zeus turned into a swan and raped Leda, but at least he was a white swan!"