Funny events in anti-woke world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Hmm, you didn't explicitly, because that would have required substantiation. What you did instead was list it among various other things that happened during Biden's tenure... as evidence for why his tenure was destabilising.
I didn't say Biden's tenure was destabilizing. What I'm suggesting is that his tenure has less stable international relations than Trump's did. I'm not saying that either man carries all or even primary responsibility for those circumstances, but if someone wants to claim a president was destabilizing, it's hard to support that argument when situations were more stable.

To your other question: the US and Iran are adversaries, and have been for quite a while. Open opposition from the US isn't destabilizing, rather it quite stabilizes the status quo. The status quo is open opposition between the two nations.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't say Biden's tenure was destabilizing. What I'm suggesting is that his tenure has less stable international relations than Trump's did. I'm not saying that either man carries all or even primary responsibility for those circumstances, but if someone wants to claim a president was destabilizing, it's hard to support that argument when situations were more stable.
??? No, it's not at all hard to support; its obvious and rational. Policies have impact beyond the 4 years of that President's tenure. If one President takes an action that directly causes an effect after they've left office, their responsibility for it remains. It doesn't magically shift to someone else who has no causative link.

To your other question: the US and Iran are adversaries, and have been for quite a while. Open opposition from the US isn't destabilizing, rather it quite stabilizes the status quo. The status quo is open opposition between the two nations.
That is some absolutely olympics-standard mental gymnastics. Some of the best I've ever seen.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Tstorm is also only measuring it against hostile entities and crises. Trump decreased trust and standing among US allies. A special feat given we usually seem to trust the US in spite of it's actions suggesting we shouldn't.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Tstorm is also only measuring it against hostile entities and crises. Trump decreased trust and standing among US allies. A special feat given we usually seem to trust the US in spite of it's actions suggesting we shouldn't.
Not to mention that his rationale would equally support a US nuclear strike on Moscow (or Russian strike on DC) as a "stabilizing" action...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Certain people/or Asmonbitch are mad at her because.....?
She said she didn't like Disney's animated Snow White movie and is starring in the live action remake which she has said will give Snow White more development and agency.

Because of this, a bunch of people are pretending to care about Snow White as an excuse to be offended by everything about her.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
She said she didn't like Disney's animated Snow White movie and is starring in the live action remake which she has said will give Snow White more development and agency.

Because of this, a bunch of people are pretending to care about Snow White as an excuse to be offended by everything about her.
Since when did these assholes give a rat ass about Snow White? Y'all didn't give a shit back then, or made of guys being interested move in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s (aside from the Dwarves themselves), why care now?/rhetorical

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm a bit surprised that they stopped whining about her not being white, that was apparently a big deal a while back.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I'm a bit surprised that they stopped whining about her not being white, that was apparently a big deal a while back.
To be fair, her being white is literally in her name. And in the original fairy tale, in a way that is pretty much undeniable. I'm not exactly one of those "go woke, go broke" people, but Snow White is...probably about the worst Disney movie to remake to be more diverse in terms of loyalty to the original story.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
What does it even mean to care about Snow White? Unless it's an employee at Disney or in the movie industry in general (and maybe irl little people are somewhat interested), it's just more gunk from the content mill.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
To be fair, her being white is literally in her name. And in the original fairy tale, in a way that is pretty much undeniable. I'm not exactly one of those "go woke, go broke" people, but Snow White is...probably about the worst Disney movie to remake to be more diverse in terms of loyalty to the original story.
While that is true, they can put her in white face or something.

Seriously though, eh, loyalty to the original story isn't a big deal the rest of the time.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
She didn't even say she didn't like it, she just regurgitated the typical remake vindication spiel; 'Now we have the technology to do it justice/Now we'll be true to the source material/Now the princess won't be a damsel.' The type of shit we've heard for years. I'm sure if you dig a little you'll find some interview of Kristen Stewart saying the same thing when Snow White and the Huntsman came out. But everything post 2016 is measured in anti-woke rage, and a woman (of color) making any vaguely feminst remark regarding a movie, show, or game is like chumming the water.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Since when did these assholes give a rat ass about Snow White? Y'all didn't give a shit back then, or made of guys being interested move in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s (aside from the Dwarves themselves), why care now?/rhetorical
Why is that a big deal? Beyond its technical importance as Disney's first full length animated feature - and it is a beautiful fucking thing to look at like holy shit - its a boring movie. I watched it, its fucking dull.
If this were the 90s or the 2000s, the same people hating her for her comments would be calling anyone who cared this much about a Disney movie gay like they're Riley from The Boondocks.

Zegler is white and has identified as such.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Sow. Reap. Other agricultural terms.
And apparently this isn't the only case of this particular form suckering.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I find it best to ignore these idiots, because they will never be happy with anything. 9/10, the fuckers aren't even going to play the game, or fake gamers who slid their way into gaming, and are toxic manosphere/manosphere adjacent. They're almost not worth knee bashing in the face. There's one version of Lara Croft dating Wonder Woman, y'all ain't getting nor winning shit.