Funny events in anti-woke world

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
He's just a super ordinary game and tech channel creator and decently big because sometimes it says his videos are trending in the top whatever. Again, who the fuck cares if some group you don't really like hates something? Why can't you just objectively look at something and just have your own opinion? Guess what, people you don't normally agree with, you'll agree with sometimes, that's how things just work out.
Because the majority of this "evidence" is coming from right wing game fans with an ax to grind and who are ignorant of or willing to lie about what SBI actually does.

Let's look at Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League, which is what dragged SBI into the spotlight. If you look at the credits, the major writing leadership roles were handled by the same duo (Martin Lancaster and Craig Owens) who worked on Arkham Knight and Arkham VR (the mainline Rocksteady titles which didn't have Paul Dini).

Sefton Hill and Ian Ball (who's been a director since Asylum) are credited for coming up with the story. Meredith Ainsworth is a newcomer, but she wrote on the latter half of the Telltale Batman game.

None of these people "fit" their expectations on "wokesters", so those lower on the totem pole get targeted by outrage grifters.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

TLDR: Both genders are struggling. Okay got your attention, I am going to laugh at someone liberal.

There was a clip of someone who insulted Andrew Tate on Twitter. So Tate goes to his house, and then that someone who was like an English teacher calls the cops, and freaks out at the door, and Andrew Tate wasn't even threatening him.

Come on, don't be a chicken. If he kills you, he goes to jail, and he isn't going to kill anyone. I would have just been okay bet like the Vice Journalist, and I would have fought him in an argument.

Instead, this UK English teacher freaks out and gives Andrew Tate a clip of him being a coward. Obviously, not everyone is media-trained, and I am not either, but don't run like a coward.
Better to be a coward than a criminal.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009

TLDR: Both genders are struggling. Okay got your attention, I am going to laugh at someone liberal.

There was a clip of someone who insulted Andrew Tate on Twitter. So Tate goes to his house, and then that someone who was like an English teacher calls the cops, and freaks out at the door, and Andrew Tate wasn't even threatening him.

Come on, don't be a chicken. If he kills you, he goes to jail, and he isn't going to kill anyone. I would have just been okay bet like the Vice Journalist, and I would have fought him in an argument.

Instead, this UK English teacher freaks out and gives Andrew Tate a clip of him being a coward. Obviously, not everyone is media-trained, and I am not either, but don't run like a coward.
In the real world, if you say something on twitter to a stranger and they show up at your home, we call that intimidation and threatening behaviour. If we cut the names from this story, you'd be like "OH shit yeah, that's fucked up." We call the cops when strangers from the internet track us down at home, it's appropriate.

Add to that Tate is known to be a violent person?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

You mean a massively influencial and popular online figure who has cultivated an audience of millions of unhinged men shows up to this guy's house and the guy gets really fucking scared?

Seriously, what's up with this weird shit from you?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well, if you don't like it, you should just go and make the kind of games you like yourself.
That doesn't work when the woke side keep trying to demand games be banned, not get any coverage and have funding removed.

add to this the people suggesting Stellar Blades is harmful somehow (because I can't be arsed to trawl twitter to find those links)

I mean the petition to ban Six Days in Fallujahat one point called for Joe Biden and the UN to step in and ban it lol

Oh and also we were making our own games happily for years, weird how the games we were the demographic for suddenly had to be changed for "Modern audiences" even if it doesn't make sense.

[Insert the big picture episode of Movie Bob pointing out how Mortal Kombat was a cheesy over the top overly bloody martial arts game that it makes no sense to suddenly feel the need to have all the female characters cover up while still fighting in high heels because it's antithetical to the style of the thing]

So yeh, I'll stick with the "Get the hell out of our games and take your meddling ideology peddling ideas of real world harm or something if games don't change with you"
approach to the woke lot.

farscape-farscape-friday (1).gif

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yep, because we all know how woke Japanese games are with their sexualisation of (underaged) girls. No funding for those games and nobody likes 'm. What was that recent Japanese game that came out that had the main girls in bikinis for one section? Oh right, pretty much all of them.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
But guys, you don't understand! DEI is giving unqualified people jobs based solely on their race and sex! That's my birthright as a white male!
You ever hear about the first black woman programmer google hired?

She left when this DEI hiring started because it created lower expectations and she noticed other peoples attitude shift with them thinking she wasn't as qualified or capable as she was thinking she was a DEI hire because some of the other DEI hires in her view weren't as competent or capable and it was impacting her work and career.

Really worth looking up about.

Sure. But that applies to long-term, permanent services like your bank, phone provider, etc. It doesn't mean everyone who buys Call of Battlefield Honour 6 are all going to buy Call of Battlefield Honour 7.
Yes.
e3419037-dd78-45fb-a73d-f899e7201d32_text.gif

That's why stuff is failing. Also oddly research has shown no fungible stuff (so bank accounts, insurance and phone contracts etc) and lower brand loyalty so yeh oddly enough games and having people buy said games recurrently his a higher brand loyalty thing but that loyalty isn't infinite. Brand loyalty can only carry something so far. The reason people likely even gave Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League a chance was due to Rocksteady's Pedigree. Companies were hoping their brand loyalty would retain people and changes they made would appeal to the "New audience" people, because some consultancy firm told them there's a big audience who only didn't buy their games because certain things put them off so if they change them they'd come running.

Don't be so absolutely ridiculous: I have no idea why people like you are so intent on making yourselves look so foolish. Events speaker payments are very different from day job salaries (even as a fixed-term contractor).
Ah but these are consultants lol. They are their own company paid to consult. I mean you really think $20,000 to $100,000 for a years work from a consultancy firm is an unrealistic figure?

Cause in 2003 in the UK for 3 months over just a name change a company happily charged £20K lol

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
That's why stuff is failing.
No, it isn't. This is your weird fucking fantasy of why stuff is failing.

Your theory, here, is based on a hypothesis that game developers and publishers are too stupid to think that they need to release a good game to keep customers. You're too deep in delusion and dishonesty to realise just how incredibly irrational a lot of the stuff you argue is.

Ah but these are consultants lol. They are their own company paid to consult. I mean you really think $20,000 to $100,000 for a years work from a consultancy firm is an unrealistic figure?
You obviously implied $20,000 a day. Try being honest for at least one day on this forum.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yeah, what you're talking about here has nothing to do with companies like SBI and isn't something they have any power over. What you're complaining about is pure, simple greed which has always been an issue with game companies, long before they embraced "wokeness".
Oh yeh, it is you see they specifically found a way to get it so executives think it has to happen.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Exhibit A.

https://www.thegamer.com/gamers-complain-grand-theft-auto-6-woke/

This Predator killed an entire tracking party. It's not like subsequent films have the Predators fighting elite soldiers all the time. The second film had it taking on L.A. cops and gang members. I don't even know what the hell you mean by not really having her fight but that's clearly nonsense and using the tired "girlboss" criticism for any female character who is remotely competent is enough invalidate your argument.
OK I'll go deeper into it.

In Prey the female lead wants to be a hunter but her tribe won't let her, that's one of the plot points and reasons she's out there. Now based on the culture and timeframe she wouldn't get to keep trying to do that as such. Doesn't mean she couldn't be skilled and it couldn't be a plot point. Also the point about not having her fight is it's the fucking predator dude, you don't stand any chance really 1 on 1 vs it, you have to use traps and outsmart it to really win. As for L.A. cops and gangs, they they're considered pretty damn dangerous considering modern guns etc

The end of her show establishes that mysticism is not the source of her powers. And let's not pretend right wingers only started having an issue with this character after she got her MCU show.
Yet still change from her origin in comics of inhuman gene (note for those not 100% familiar that is slightly different to mutant genes)

Virtually every character in the MCU was changed. Kingpin and Echo got the least amount of divergences from their comic counterparts.
Until Kingpin was weirdly softer in the Echo series especially at the end, guess that brain injury really did a number on him?

The people who actually like MCU Ghost aren't the one who believe everyone in entertainment media is out to subjugate, humiliate or replace straight white men just because women, minorities and LGBT people are being more normalized as main leads in fiction.
So why do most modern versions of that have to have a weak male character, I mean part of the point in Xena was Joxer was a decent dude who wanted to be a hero and in some episodes did get to show how much of a hero he could be. He was the idea of potential to be realised even if he did spend most of his time as a buffoon / comic relief sidekick, and importantly it was set in the same world as Hercules (often shown as a double bill) so it was trying to be very clear in showing how both men and women could be strong together. Plenty of modern films and media removed that dynamic in favour of "No the female character is superior to all the men and puts them to shame one way or another". E.G. Jane Foster Thor actually has extra powers over male Thor because "Shut up your misogynist" or something.

They are not the ones crying about white or redhead erasure when a non-white actor plays a white character. They are not the ones who yell about puritanism, communism, Sharia Law or any other fancy term the anti-woke crowd doesn't understand when they see a woman that doesn't give them an erection. And they're not the ones organizing social media groups dedicated to "warning" people about a consultancy firm that they think has the video game industry in such a death grip that they can force studios into including diversity in their games.

Barbie, Captain Marvel, the Black Panther movies, the Star Wars sequels, the Resident Evil remakes, Street Fighter 6, the last four Mortal Kombat games and the Lara Croft reboot were all hits. That hasn't stopped the anti-woke brigade from shouting "go woke, go broke" as if they can change reality the more they repeat it.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
@Schadrach have you considered using curators to track things you enjoy, rather than things you hate? Talk about sucking the joy out of things.
Steam's store algorithm does a pretty good job of that for me at present lol
No... but no in the sense that I really do not care one way or the other.

I'm mostly noting the hypocrisy and vapidity of the bullshit people come out with to justify the commercial pressure they will leverage to make companies do what they want whilst whining massively when it's done to them, and arguing all manner of principles that suddenly evaporate when it benefits them to trample those principles.

In terms of Steam policy, it's up to Steam how it views this. I merely point out that for a marketplace such as Steam, "customers" means developers as well as gamers, and Steam can reasonably decide to offer customers a degree of protection from what may be hate campaigns on its own platform.
I thought they were private companies and could do what they wanted???

Literally, never heard of these games

Edit: This is even stupider. Sunset came out in 2015. The other in 2018. Not once have I seen anything on Epic or Steam about either of them either
yeh, cause the flopped. Sunset was all round the press at one point actually. I can point to at least 1 person who bought it due to said press too (with evidence of them saying they bought it due to that and were disappointed).

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Fun fact: that Tate thing would've never happened if that teacher lived in the US, especially in a stand your ground and/or castle doctrine state.
Pretty sure it would.

1) Generally the type of people who care enough to antagonise Tate etc are also anti gun.
2) Pretty sure when Boogie had some-one come to his door and fired a warning shot Boogie got charge with a aggravated assault

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yep, because we all know how woke Japanese games are with their sexualisation of (underaged) girls. No funding for those games and nobody likes 'm. What was that recent Japanese game that came out that had the main girls in bikinis for one section? Oh right, pretty much all of them.
Japanese games are funded by Japan, well Japanese organisations a lot of the time and Japanese investment funds.

There have been pushes by the US branches of bigger Japanese companies to change things

r9f228mwtfcc1.png

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, it isn't. This is your weird fucking fantasy of why stuff is failing.

Your theory, here, is based on a hypothesis that game developers and publishers are too stupid to think that they need to release a good game to keep customers. You're too deep in delusion and dishonesty to realise just how incredibly irrational a lot of the stuff you argue is.

Oh really, big executives aren't think nor have a history of stupid decisions????

Studios don't know what a good game is, some developers may (but having spoken to some devs at trade shows I'm shocked at how clueless some are about the market and audience they work in like a certain game that was an asymmetrical multiplayer game that decided to not put in any online play options in favour of unlockable hats, oh and it was 5 player multiplayer, to play the asymmetrical element, you had to download an app for a tablet and have that tablet on the same wi-fi as the game. Oh and it was PC only so they somehow expected 4 players to huddle round a PC and a 5th player to have their tablet and connected to the wi-fi at wherever they were. Oh and they'd hired a full booth to themselves at the show, while other indie devs had hired 1 booth space for 6 of them to share.)

Studios are still trying to make perfect pasta sauce rather than a range of them and as such they're alienating people in the audience. The push for changes to make thing less offensive and to appease other demographics is just the latest round of it.

As an example "My Ex Boyfriend the Space Tyrant" is very much not a game for me, I'm not the target demographic but I'm not going to be pissed it exists though. Games for specific demographics are the ideal, not trying to make every game for every demographic

You obviously implied $20,000 a day. Try being honest for at least one day on this forum.
I believe I said a chunk of the budget I never specified a day rate other than referencing Anita charging that kind of thing which in a $200M game would still be 1/10th of the games budget.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I thought they were private companies and could do what they wanted???
Yes, and indeed they can. But a marketplace acts as an access system between the vendors (stallholders in a conventional physical marketplace, devs / publishers in the case of Steam) and the customers. A marketplace that loses either its customers or its vendors fails: indeed, to lose one is effectively to lose the other. So a marketplace has a rationale to protect its vendors as well as its customers. Whether or how it chooses to do so is up to it.

Ah yes how dare us Gamers "take a shot at taking down the bankers and pernicious pushes done by them, won't some-one please think of the poor bankers"
The problem is how resolutely shit and delusional some of you are about it all: "Yeah! Let's take out Sweet Baby Inc: that'll show the bankers who's boss."

Firstly, the idea that companies are spending $100+ million on a game's development, and all the problems can be put down to the miniscule fraction that they spent on script consultants. And not, maybe, the fact that they slightly screwed up the gameplay, multiplayer function, it was full of bugs, etc. Trying to tell yourselves that the company sacrificed all those things that the devs obviously understand they've got to get as right as possible to shift their games, because they could get away with covering up all the problems with a female protagonist. It's bad you're deluded enough to believe that without you having to think we should credit it, too.

Screwing up products is eternal and perennial, whether creative arts, engineering, or anything else. Creators always occasionally screw up and put out bad work, are overtaken by innovations and developments that they can't keep up with. Maybe it's complacency, or they just had a really bad year at the office, or institutional sclerosis, playing safe, whatever. It's just suddenly every racist and misogynist points to the occasions where this coincides with anything that has post-80s social attitudes and screams "Go woke go broke" like it means anything at all except their rage that they're no longer being pandered to as special and superior.

Like the post someone put in where one of you and your chumps goes something like "Sweet Baby Inc first, then Vanguard and BlackRock", as if they are ever going to touch the massive private equity firms with this bullshit. Gamestop wasn't even a roadbump in the system as a whole. None of you are ever going to touch "the system", and you're in a mass delusion to think you're doing a damn thing by attacking "woke". There's real shit going on as private equity buys up your health and care services, asset strips and wrecks them, and if you're even aware you're certainly nowhere to be seen protesting or doing anything meaningful to stop it. I'm not even sure you actually do want to stop them, it's just a sort of cynical fig-leaf. Either way, how they must all look at you and laugh, as you assault a script consultancy firm or temporarily prop up a modest-sized store chain as their assets swell another trillion or two.

The really simple bottom line is that your whole brigade just doesn't like women, homosexuals, non-whites etc. Yeah, I get it ties in with a wider sense of unhappiness about the world, politics, economics, frustration with lack of opportunity, exploitation of the weak and the poor (of which we nearly all are) and all that. And a lot of that sort of discontent flitters in in various forms, often in genuinely crazy ways such as the above, or the absurd lies and leaps of logic you fill the threads with, desperately trying to tell yourself (in the form of telling us) that this is making the world a better place. But at the final analysis, the anti-woke lot are really just slaves who are abusing the other slaves and pretending it's fighting for freedom.

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I believe I said a chunk of the budget I never specified a day rate
You said someone got $20k for a single speech to imply the sorts of costs.

Like I said, try being honest for once. You knew what you were doing, at least have the courage to admit it rather than weasel out.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Japanese games are funded by Japan, well Japanese organisations a lot of the time and Japanese investment funds.

There have been pushes by the US branches of bigger Japanese companies to change things

View attachment 10808
So these games aren't being banned by "the woke". Also, asking for things to change in a series isn't demanding it be banned. The reason we barely hear from Dead or Alive anymore is because of how it entrenched itself in its juvenile attitude toward women with very little else to show for itself, and fighting game fans would rather have a game with a bit more going on. Nobody complained about Street Fighter 6 and its hot women, because some actual thought and imagination was put into it.

Also, worth mentioning that Japan censors games from the West and even their own games all the time. Japan has their ways and the West theirs. Just as we don't see games like Dead or Alive from a western studio, we won't see games with a gay main character or with a woman who isn't a super model from a Japanese studio. Heck, we won't even see a game like Ghost of Tsushima from a Japanese studio because the main character would be considered too ugly. That's how warped the beauty standards are for game characters in Japan.

This outrage over "the woke" banning games is fucking pitiful seeing as the vast majority of actual banned games are either due to violence or religious organisations not liking gay or sexual content.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Ah yes how dare us Gamers "take a shot at taking down the bankers and pernicious pushes done by them, won't some-one please think of the poor bankers"

1) If you think these guys have a chance in hell at taking down two of the largest investment firms in the world, I've got some land on Mars to sell you.

2) You and I both know that the idiots saying this wouldn't care about what the rich do with their money otherwise.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, and indeed they can. But a marketplace acts as an access system between the vendors (stallholders in a conventional physical marketplace, devs / publishers in the case of Steam) and the customers. A marketplace that loses either its customers or its vendors fails: indeed, to lose one is effectively to lose the other. So a marketplace has a rationale to protect its vendors as well as its customers. Whether or how it chooses to do so is up to it.
Yes, the thing being the curator system is an opt in to follow system.

You really think all big AAA studios are going to up and leave in protest of a curator marking titles as having a certain company involved in them?

There's literally pro and Anti Anita Sarkeesian curators too out there lol.

The Sweet Baby Inc detected curator doesn't mark any products unless you specifically ask it to.

AAA studios came crawling back to steam when then attempt to get 5% more revenue by making their own storefronts failed to get them the traction they thought they had, I doubt they'd willing sacrifice being on steam just for an ideology but hey if they want to it's up to them lol. Let them collapse a bit quicker of their own choice.

The problem is how resolutely shit and delusional some of you are about it all: "Yeah! Let's take out Sweet Baby Inc: that'll show the bankers who's boss."
That's part of the fun though, like Wall street Bets vs Gamestop short sellers. People having a devil may care attitude and going "Fuck this, doing it anyway, oh it won't cause much damage? so you're saying it will cause some damage? Good enough for me"

Firstly, the idea that companies are spending $100+ million on a game's development, and all the problems can be put down to the miniscule fraction that they spent on script consultants. And not, maybe, the fact that they slightly screwed up the gameplay, multiplayer function, it was full of bugs, etc. Trying to tell yourselves that the company sacrificed all those things that the devs obviously understand they've got to get as right as possible to shift their games, because they could get away with covering up all the problems with a female protagonist. It's bad you're deluded enough to believe that without you having to think we should credit it, too.
10% or more is hardly a small amount.
That's money that could be put towards a longer polishing period.

Also yeh, companies will do that because they've watched Hollywood claim films failed because of sexism / racism for years now. I mean it was means fault the Charlies Angels Reboot failed right?

Screwing up products is eternal and perennial, whether creative arts, engineering, or anything else. Creators always occasionally screw up and put out bad work, are overtaken by innovations and developments that they can't keep up with. Maybe it's complacency, or they just had a really bad year at the office, or institutional sclerosis, playing safe, whatever. It's just suddenly every racist and misogynist points to the occasions where this coincides with anything that has post-80s social attitudes and screams "Go woke go broke" like it means anything at all except their rage that they're no longer being pandered to as special and superior.
So why do these changes keep leading to lower sales if there's isn't an issue?
Is the audience just all racists and sexists and that's the issues?

Or maybe there's an issue by saying I don't know "People who think real women didn't play a part in WWII are just ignorant and our game will show them how women contributed" as a defence for a one armed Cockney woman character being mocked as part of a trailer where she runs across the battlefield killing Nazi's with a spiked cricket bat, only for your game to then not actually tell any stories of real women in WWII but instead take the real story of a commando unit and replace them all with a mother and daughter instead.........and maybe said issue should have a name for how short sighted and stupid said things are as though people are living in some fictional dream world while claiming everyone else are like sleep walking zombies unable to see the truth of the world and haven't woken up to reality.......... now what could we call said idiots who believe themselves not to be asleep anymore.......

Like the post someone put in where one of you and your chumps goes something like "Sweet Baby Inc first, then Vanguard and BlackRock", as if they are ever going to touch the massive private equity firms with this bullshit. Gamestop wasn't even a roadbump in the system as a whole. None of you are ever going to touch "the system", and you're in a mass delusion to think you're doing a damn thing by attacking "woke". There's real shit going on as private equity buys up your health and care services, asset strips and wrecks them, and if you're even aware you're certainly nowhere to be seen protesting or doing anything meaningful to stop it. I'm not even sure you actually do want to stop them, it's just a sort of cynical fig-leaf. Either way, how they must all look at you and laugh, as you assault a script consultancy firm or temporarily prop up a modest-sized store chain as their assets swell another trillion or two.
What's that one man doing something a bit silly and small can't make a difference at all??

Tank_Man_(Tiananmen_Square_protester).jpg

As for the healthcare services comment.
Why fight the battle where the line is strongest when you can instead force a reaction to move to another part of the line??

The really simple bottom line is that your whole brigade just doesn't like women, homosexuals, non-whites etc. Yeah, I get it ties in with a wider sense of unhappiness about the world, politics, economics, frustration with lack of opportunity, exploitation of the weak and the poor (of which we nearly all are) and all that. And a lot of that sort of discontent flitters in in various forms, often in genuinely crazy ways such as the above, or the absurd lies and leaps of logic you fill the threads with, desperately trying to tell yourself (in the form of telling us) that this is making the world a better place. But at the final analysis, the anti-woke lot are really just slaves who are abusing the other slaves and pretending it's fighting for freedom.
I thought you said no-one would try to accuse people of being racist / sexist / homophobic just for not liking certain crap media?

389403cd9fd1979e478e718e31fad1e2a56f0252.png