Funny events in anti-woke world

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
This was a pretty informative (though also fucking disillusioning) watch. Finally someone bringing up the complete crickets in regards to Baldur's Gate 3.

And oh yeah, Stuttering Craig is on the crazy train now too, huh.
That's an interesting part of the hypocrisy have been wondering about for while - not the hypocrisy itself but the way the selective outrage is processed through the media ecosystems while ignoring far more intense examples of same grievances. Like, I posted last year here about a democrat manager/worker who literally murdered a journalist reporting on his corruption in broad daylight, even mentioning at the time it was kinda weird none of the RW media seized on such a perfect golden propaganda ticket yet were clearly still aggressively coasting on baseless conspiracies claiming various weaksauce versions instead. To this day have not heard a peep from those corners about the story.

So far the only conclusion have come closest to settling on is it's purely about popularity: once a certain threshold of public exposure is passed, perhaps into the aether we collectively refer to as "mainstream" influence or attention, ACTIVATE MORAL CAMO - ENGAGE MEDIA CYCLE -DEPLOY RED MEATS!

If no threshold crossed though, well fuck 'em, who's gonna care anyway? Numbers ain't affecting shit. It's solely tactical, at least within the content production echelons of their modern news/influencer ecosystems.(Is only half-formed theory am speculating, can change or be thrown out entirely if more information deems it so, am not emotionally attached to it thankfully lol. tIght bastard didn't even pay for dinner!)

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
...it was kinda weird none of the RW media seized on such a perfect golden propaganda ticket yet were still more happy to keep coasting on baseless conspiracies instead. To this day have not heard a peep from those corners about the story.
It was reported on... https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...or-allegedly-murdering-investigative-reporter

The thing here is that this isn't a controversy. A bad public official lost an election, murdered a journalist, and got arrested. The murder was reported on honestly across a variety of news sources, and to my knowledge nobody defended him. There's not really anything there to seize on, murder isn't a policy Democrats are pursuing, and everyone will readily condemn the man if asked about it. Propaganda isn't worth much if it implicates nobody else and says nothing about the future.

Now, if he's somehow acquitted, you're never gonna stop hearing about it.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Should've added in original post was also factoring in the constant entertainment media outrage and the stunning omnipresent ignorance in reactionary ecosystems towards any actually challenging indie artistic work whether film, music, literature, interpretive dance etc into the equation, to help such ppl avoid potentially wasting their time getting caught on incomplete tunnel-visioned interpretations I didn't mean to poorly communicate, apologies!

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
This was a pretty informative (though also fucking disillusioning) watch. Finally someone bringing up the complete crickets in regards to Baldur's Gate 3.
Yeah I think Baldur's Gate is yet another example of the far right choosing their targets so tactically that its obvious its all a grift. Baldur's gate was simply too much of a titan to go up against without risking their ''vox populi'' credentials while a live service disaster like Suicide Squad was always destined to be easy pickings.

The guy also makes an interesting comparison to the event that should not be named. That being that this particularly Sweet Baby grift was already planned and discussed in far right chat rooms before being released into the main stream. It helps highlight how artificial the whole mess is.

Reactions: Satinavian

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah I think Baldur's Gate is yet another example of the far right choosing their targets so tactically that its obvious its all a grift. Baldur's gate was simply too much of a titan to go up against without risking their ''vox populi'' credentials while a live service disaster like Suicide Squad was always destined to be easy pickings.
Yeah, but TLoU2 and Spider-Man 2 are/were titans in their own right. Both are games from popular franchises that were highly anticipated, but then got on the wrong side of the reactionaries due to gayness and/or "ugly woman"-ness. Though in the case of TLoU2 significantly amplified by the leak of a certain character death, that reactionaries were all too keen to piggyback off of.

I don't think there's a concrete reason why some (popular) titles slip through the cracks, they just do. With Baldur's Gate 3 it just might be that DnD isn't that popular within mainstream geek spaces. At least not enough to stir up a reactionary mob. People see a black elf in DnD/Baldur's Gate 3 and nobody seems to care, they see a black elf in Rings of Power and it's in every reactionary thumbnail for the next week. 🤷‍♂️

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yeah, but TLoU2 and Spider-Man 2 are/were titans in their own right. Both are games from popular franchises that were highly anticipated, but then got on the wrong side of the reactionaries due to gayness and/or "ugly woman"-ness. Though in the case of TLoU2 significantly amplified by the leak of a certain character death, that reactionaries were all too keen to piggyback off of.

I don't think there's a concrete reason why some (popular) titles slip through the cracks, they just do. With Baldur's Gate 3 it just might be that DnD isn't that popular within mainstream geek spaces. At least not enough to stir up a reactionary mob. People see a black elf in DnD/Baldur's Gate 3 and nobody seems to care, they see a black elf in Rings of Power and it's in every reactionary thumbnail for the next week. 🤷‍♂️
I mean, the hate train for TLoU2 got an early boost with the "omg Abby is trans" nonsense and Miles Morales is always easy bait for racism, while BG3 didn't have anything easy for the grifters to latch on to. They're *trying* to tag in the bear sex these days, but it's falling really flat because BG3's popularity is innoculating the general gamer against stripping all the context out of the scene this late in the game

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I mean, the hate train for TLoU2 got an early boost with the "omg Abby is trans" nonsense and Miles Morales is always easy bait for racism, while BG3 didn't have anything easy for the grifters to latch on to. They're *trying* to tag in the bear sex these days, but it's falling really flat because BG3's popularity is innoculating the general gamer against stripping all the context out of the scene this late in the game
Actually earlier for TLoU2 with the gay kiss reveal in the third trailer/vertical slice gameplay. The Miles Morales game didn't get much of any reaction though, since by then the original Miles racism had died down significantly, and Into the Spider-Verse had propelled the character into a lot of people's good graces. It wasn't until Spider-Man 2 that reactionaries had acquired such fever pitch woke senses that Miles being black was very much on the dartboard again.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

And oh yeah, Stuttering Craig is on the crazy train now too, huh.
Funny that when I just take the simple common sense approach that NeverKnowsBest, I get dunked on here for being stupid or right-wing. All I said about SBI was that going after a gamer for making a list was fucking bullshit and people like Ag3ma defended that bullshit, but no I'm the bad guy because I slightly agree with the right narrative just because that part of it actually makes sense. And I said tweets from people in SBI that were pretty fucking bad were bad, how dare I!!! Also, funny how the solution to woke or non-woke games pointed out by Never is literally just capitalism, that is hated here by most of you.

My stance hasn't changed, I'm always against creatives being forced to change their work whether it was in the beforetimes when white male protagonists were being forced and I'd also be against somebody like SBI coming to consult and changing stuff the creatives don't want changed. Much like the 1st Gamergate (assuming this is the 2nd one), I don't really gives 2 fucks about because it will end up being some bullshit agenda at the end of day vs the actual thing that actually happened (that I do give a fuck about). Even if SBI is actually ruining the stories in AAA games, who the fuck cares? Writing in video gaming so poor there's really nothing to ruin to begin with because you don't have best writers working in the video game industry. The Suicide Squad game was destined to be shit in both writing and gameplay before SBI touched it anyway. Part of the reason the Fallout show was so great was because it was like getting all the good stuff of the property with actual good writing and not having to put up with mediocre at best gameplay, it just gave you the good stuff, something that modern AAA gaming doesn't know how to do anymore. Just about all the video games with actual good writing are pretty indie or AA and SBI isn't really touching those games. BG3 isn't brought up because Larian was able to make the game they wanted to and that's really all people care about, along with the fact that BG3 is an actual RPG so building in choices/options for everyone is not really something people dislike because the player sorta is able to create their own story whereas whatever happens in the story for most games is the literally the story that every player experiences.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Funny that when I just take the simple common sense approach that NeverKnowsBest, I get dunked on here for being stupid or right-wing. All I said about SBI was that going after a gamer for making a list was fucking bullshit and people like Ag3ma defended that bullshit, but no I'm the bad guy because I slightly agree with the right narrative just because that part of it actually makes sense. And I said tweets from people in SBI that were pretty fucking bad were bad, how dare I!!! Also, funny how the solution to woke or non-woke games pointed out by Never is literally just capitalism, that is hated here by most of you.

My stance hasn't changed, I'm always against creatives being forced to change their work whether it was in the beforetimes when white male protagonists were being forced and I'd also be against somebody like SBI coming to consult and changing stuff the creatives don't want changed. Much like the 1st Gamergate (assuming this is the 2nd one), I don't really gives 2 fucks about because it will end up being some bullshit agenda at the end of day vs the actual thing that actually happened (that I do give a fuck about). Even if SBI is actually ruining the stories in AAA games, who the fuck cares? Writing in video gaming so poor there's really nothing to ruin to begin with because you don't have best writers working in the video game industry. The Suicide Squad game was destined to be shit in both writing and gameplay before SBI touched it anyway. Part of the reason the Fallout show was so great was because it was like getting all the good stuff of the property with actual good writing and not having to put up with mediocre at best gameplay, it just gave you the good stuff, something that modern AAA gaming doesn't know how to do anymore. Just about all the video games with actual good writing are pretty indie or AA and SBI isn't really touching those games. BG3 isn't brought up because Larian was able to make the game they wanted to and that's really all people care about.
Except that's not what was said in the video. It states this company was getting harrassed before trying to ban this list, and that the response was a disproportionate amount of hate from people who would not under any circumstances accept any defense or counter point. And that Sweet Baby Inc. wasn't forcing creatives to change their work, but that these creatives already had progressive views and therefor decided to work with what apparently is a progressive consultancy.

Also, you have plenty of other reasons to get dunked on here for being right-wing, like for nearly every post you make.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
My stance hasn't changed, I'm always against creatives being forced to change their work whether it was in the beforetimes when white male protagonists were being forced and I'd also be against somebody like SBI coming to consult and changing stuff the creatives don't want changed.
Do we have examples of that happening though? Has any instance been brought to light when SWI maliciously and against the desires of the creators changed the script? Do we have creators admitting that somehow a consultancy company had the power to overrule them?

The fact that SWI is a consultancy company that needs to be hired by a game company before touching a game cast doubt on the sentiment that anything they bring to the table is somehow against the developers will.

It seems your side is in favor of creators being forced to change their work. After all a game's staff wants to be progressive and hires a consultancy company to help in doing that, and its exactly this that gets the far right seething. In this case its the far right that very vocally demands devs change course against their will.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Except that's not what was said in the video. It states this company was getting harrassed before trying to ban this list, and that the response was a disproportionate amount of hate from people who would not under any circumstances accept any defense or counter point. And that Sweet Baby Inc. wasn't forcing creatives to change their work, but that these creatives already had progressive views and therefor decided to work with what apparently is a progressive consultancy.

Also, you have plenty of other reasons to get dunked on here for being right-wing, like for nearly every post you make.
You mean that SBI being harassed on like 4Chan is actual harassment? Is EA being harassed by being voted worst company? Is EA then trying to ban a gamer by making a list of all EA games OK? What company or public figure isn't then being harassed if that's what harassment apparently now is? So you think a company bringing in a consulting firm to consult on a narrative/characters isn't going to end up making changes that the original writer didn't want? The person(s) that brought in the consultants is higher up than the writing team, thus consultants have more power than the writers. It's basic work politics. Unless the writers themselves actually asked to collaborate with SBI, chances are pretty high SBI was able to change things that others didn't want changed.

The person that's never voted for someone from the republican party or the right is right-wing? You guys wonder why people move to the right? The left isn't very welcoming at all, I wonder why some people become more right... just maybe, it's because they prefer not getting shit on for having minor disagreements.

Do we have examples of that happening though? Has any instance been brought to light when SWI maliciously and against the desires of the creators changed the script? Do we have creators admitting that somehow a consultancy company had the power to overrule them?

The fact that SWI is a consultancy company that needs to be hired by a game company before touching a game cast doubt on the sentiment that anything they bring to the table is somehow against the developers will.

It seems your side is in favor of creators being forced to change their work. After all a game's staff wants to be progressive and hires a consultancy company to help in doing that, and its exactly this that gets the far right seething. In this case its the far right that very vocally demands devs change course against their will.
As I explained above, it's basic work power dynamics. If someone with more power than the writers is bringing in a company to consult on the writing, then they have more power than the writers. You think some executive or upper management that brings in consultants is gonna be happy if the rest of the employees don't let the consultants do anything? As I've said before, I really couldn't care less about SBI because video game writing is pretty horseshit across the board so there's not much to ruin anyway. People going to video games for quality writing are going to the wrong medium, we get the very occasional well written game but I very much doubt any consulting firm like SBI actually ruined any narrative in any video game (just due to the sheer odds as it's very unlikely). You could just tell watching from the outside that a game like Suicide Squad was in development hell and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that it was pretty similar to Bioware's Anthem in development; you think Rocksteady wanted to make a online looter shooter game?

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You mean that SBI being harassed on like 4Chan is actual harassment? Is EA being harassed by being voted worst company? Is EA then trying to ban a gamer by making a list of all EA games OK? What company or public figure isn't then being harassed if that's what harassment apparently now is?
The individual employees of Sweet Baby Inc. being harassed online - you're asking if that's actual harassment?!
So you think a company bringing in a consulting firm to consult on a narrative/characters isn't going to end up making changes that the original writer didn't want? The person(s) that brought in the consultants is higher up than the writing team, thus consultants have more power than the writers. It's basic work politics. Unless the writers themselves actually asked to collaborate with SBI, chances are pretty high SBI was able to change things that others didn't want changed.
You have proof and examples of all of this, right? You wouldn't just be making baseless assumptions on what you deem "basic work politics", RIGHT?
The person that's never voted for someone from the republican party or the right is right-wing?
Yes.
You guys wonder why people move to the right? The left isn't very welcoming at all, I wonder why some people become more right... just maybe, it's because they prefer not getting shit on for having minor disagreements.
Sounds totally like something someone who isn't right-wing would say.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The individual employees of Sweet Baby Inc. being harassed online - you're asking if that's actual harassment?!
You have proof and examples of all of this, right? You wouldn't just be making baseless assumptions on what you deem "basic work politics", RIGHT?
Yes.
Sounds totally like something someone who isn't right-wing would say.
Just re-skimmed through the video to the point in the timeline of SBI trying to ban a gamer from Steam for merely making a list. At what point BEFORE SBI attacked a gamer did anyone harass any employee of SBI? There's nothing in the video about any harassment to employees of SBI before that point at least, it's just 4Chan BS and some Youtubers making videos about the company. If that is harassment, then like every company or any public figure has been harassed on the internet. I understand then people harassing SBI employees because they attacked a gamer first.

Do you not work and know how work politics work? I already said that no game has been ruined by SBI, you acting like I'm part of the crowd that's crying that gaming is being ruined by this company (the writing in like the 1st new God of War and Spiderman wasn't good already so SBI did not ruin the sequels, I didn't even play the sequels because the 1st games weren't anything special). I'm just using basic common sense/logic and information available (like the tweets from people in SBI) and applying it to the situation. I also have no proof Suicide Squads development was similar to Anthem but the writing is on the wall, are you gonna contest that too as some whacky conclusion? Even if SBI absolutely never changed or added anything to any game that the original writers/creators did not want, the fact that they purposely go in and artificially add in diversity for no reason is enough for me. Trying to force anything into a work (regardless if it's forcing more cats into fucking Stray) is not a good thing. A company like SBI is not making any games better because they are an utterly pointless part of the creative process.

I see you learned nothing from the Fallout show then.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just re-skimmed through the video to the point in the timeline of SBI trying to ban a gamer from Steam for merely making a list. At what point BEFORE SBI attacked a gamer did anyone harass any employee of SBI? There's nothing in the video about any harassment to employees of SBI before that point at least, it's just 4Chan BS and some Youtubers making videos about the company. If that is harassment, then like every company or any public figure has been harassed on the internet. I understand then people harassing SBI employees because they attacked a gamer first.
Yeah, I understand why you would think that. It makes total sense for you.

Do you not work and know how work politics work? I already said that no game has been ruined by SBI, you acting like I'm part of the crowd that's crying that gaming is being ruined by this company (the writing in like the 1st new God of War and Spiderman wasn't good already so SBI did not ruin the sequels, I didn't even play the sequels because the 1st games weren't anything special). I'm just using basic common sense/logic and information available (like the tweets from people in SBI) and applying it to the situation. I also have no proof Suicide Squads development was similar to Anthem but the writing is on the wall, are you gonna contest that too as some whacky conclusion? Even if SBI absolutely never changed or added anything to any game that the original writers/creators did not want, the fact that they purposely go in and artificially add in diversity for no reason is enough for me. Trying to force anything into a work (regardless if it's forcing more cats into fucking Stray) is not a good thing. A company like SBI is not making any games better because they are an utterly pointless part of the creative process.
Still haven't seen any examples from you. None of this 'obviously this happens', but a concrete 'this is a game where it actually happened'. We do however have actual development staff refuting claims of being forced to do anything by Sweet Baby Inc., but I guess in that case we can't believe them just cuz. Sweet Baby Inc. isn't forcing anything in anymore than a studio that work is being outsourced to is. Studios were already putting progressive elements into their games before Sweet Baby Inc. existed. So who was forcing in diversity then?

Also, if Sweet Baby Inc. can just come in and change things if they want, funny how it's only relegated to side characters or side quests. You'd think they could just go and make Spider-Man gay or trans, being the evil woke company come to ruin our games and western society 'n all. But no, it's either a side-quest or a note showing or talking about someone non-straight. You know, those gay people we have walking around in the real world... sometimes one actually walks by in a game too.

You know how fucking nobody wanted microtransactions in Dragon's Dogma 2 (or any game), but Capcom put it in anyway? Where was the online hate mob and dozens of videos from reactionaries in that case? I mean, if the whole point is being against having things forced into a game. Almost like it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with hating gay, trans, black people, and woman being in games. Just as it has been even before Sweet Baby Inc. existed, but now that they do they've become the prime target for that hatred.

I see you learned nothing from the Fallout show then.
Why would I?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

All right, which one of damn witches cast a spell to make "Alex Jones' fans turn on him for calling Hitler evil" happen? :)

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Look at their responses.
The ones that accuse him of being run by the Jews, and refer to his followers in the third person?

If AOC got comments like that, would you see those as followers turning on her?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
The whole reasons those guys are angry about him is because they didn't expect him to say something negative about Hitler. Becasue usually that would not get any response. They are only riled up because they thought he was one of them as far as that topic is concerned.