Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

This is sounding like a fuckup to rival all previous fuckups by the security details. Multiple witnesses have stated they pointed the weird dude crawling on top of a roof with a rifle multiple minutes before he actually took his shots at Trump...
It's suprising that a few on the detail weren't positioned on the rooftops themselves

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes but also no according to the BBC.

Registered? yes, believing in them? well seems odd to donate to the "far left" Act Blue PAC

There are a lot of people in the GOP who are angered by Trump. Eg. Some Christian Nationalists around 'Religous Freedom' or some Tea Partiers around the border or anti-vaxxers on his stance with vaccines.

This is not evidence of motive or anything yet and this is the type of guy that probably has a manifesto, so it will be greatly detailed

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's suprising that a few on the detail weren't positioned on the rooftops themselves
From what I have read, it was outside the SS perimeter. Which if that's true, that's an absolutely BAFFLING decision. How could you possibly have a roof that's close to the rally (relatively at 300 Feet, well within rifle distance) and not have someone at least keeping an eye on it. That feels like it really should have been inside the perimeter or at least had one of the snipers basically exclusively watch that spot.

Reactions: gorfias

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It's all about the PR and public image, for many on social media. Gotta pretend you care.
Meanwhile I've been sharing jokes, and remember I'm one of the members here who while not American I do tend to point out some of the stupid stuff being done against Trump and have people claim I'm not a liberal or whatever because I don't tow some party line.

Also probably doesn't help that certain charges round a certain "insurrection" were made against people for "inciting people to act" even in some cases when they stood outside or weren't even there. Don't want the potential of being done for inciting the assassination of a president now ;)
I would always prefer pretend caring over actively egging on perpetrator.

I also think the ringleaders of Jan 6 should be charged over those who were just following orders. The followers were duped and it's far more beneficial charge the crime lords rather than the ones of the street. The followers are just sacrificial lambs

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
From what I have read, it was outside the SS perimeter. Which if that's true, that's an absolutely BAFFLING decision. How could you possibly have a roof that's close to the rally (relatively at 300 Feet, well within rifle distance) and not have someone at least keeping an eye on it. That feels like it really should have been inside the perimeter or at least had one of the snipers basically exclusively watch that spot.
Maybe the SS can't shoot that far so, in their heads, no one can

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Maybe the SS can't shoot that far so, in their heads, no one can
Which is funny cause in my head, I always thought Secret Service was supposed to be like....not the TOP dogs like Delta or Seals or whatnot but at like...the top end of law enforcement (like SWAT for example).

Now maybe I'm now biased because a stupid movie told me this (The Beekeeper, you should watch it if you miss incredibly stupid 90s action movies) but the characters talk about Secret Service and one of the big dawgs says they're the C Team at best. And based on this story, I'm starting to wonder if that movie was being more truthful about it than I expected...

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Which is funny cause in my head, I always thought Secret Service was supposed to be like....not the TOP dogs like Delta or Seals or whatnot but at like...the top end of law enforcement (like SWAT for example).

Now maybe I'm now biased because a stupid movie told me this (The Beekeeper, you should watch it if you miss incredibly stupid 90s action movies) but the characters talk about Secret Service and one of the big dawgs says they're the C Team at best. And based on this story, I'm starting to wonder if that movie was being more truthful about it than I expected...
Also remember it's Trumps SS detail. Possibly selected for loyalty, not competence. Tho also possible said loyalty does not survive extended exposure to Trump.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
soo the same old story...

WTF that gotta do with him going after Trump? Sucks kid got bullied, but why jump to targeting him, unless he was trying get famous and be "a somebody" than a nobody.

More on the security detail. Or lack of security detail in this case.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
soo the same old story...

Doesn't look like that's 100% true unless he decided to wear something different when this ad was being film (he's seen at the 19 second mark)

Oh and yes, this is fuelling the conspiracy theories more based on the company whose ad it is

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Doesn't look like that's 100% true unless he decided to wear something different when this ad was being film (he's seen at the 19 second mark)

Oh and yes, this is fuelling the conspiracy theories more based on the company whose ad it is
Yeah I mean when you're in a school ad they are pretty meticulous about what you wear. I've been in an ad or two and I certain wasn't wearing my Dragon Ballz work shirt.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
This is the first time I've seen it in video form so I never shared it in case the photo was taken out of context (blood is in this video if that makes you feel iffy)

If you don't want to watch the video, this is the picture I have questions about

1720995492482.png

Watching the video, that sniper was looking right in the direction of that roof. Did the agent somehow not see the guy with the rifle army crawling his way into position? Did he think it was a secret service agent for some reason? What the hell is that dude doing...

I'm not going to be jumping on the conspiracy theory wagon and join the people saying this is fake but like...SOMETHING is absolutely off about this entire event. Whether the Secret Service here are just grossly incompetent, for some reason they wanted the person to get the shot off and go for Trump, or something else, there has been an avalanche of WTF decisions that I'm really hoping in the coming days gets answered because like...WTF?

Reactions: BrawlMan