Trump assassination attempt

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Also Jack, you can condemn all the violence and unrest Trump caused the past couple of years and inciting violence. You might want to get on that.
I mean, Jack Black was already an outspoken critic of Trump for years.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Somebody asked the question earlier why the left is so out-spoken against and tries not to participate in the ill-will stuff. I think it's one part liability and two parts karma. Imagine some already frustrated kid goes to a tenacious d concert for the good vibes and hears Gass say that, then goes out and tries to do something awful. I'm sure jack wouldn't want that hanging over his conscience and we've already seen whats happened with Alex Jones so theres very real consequences for public figures fomenting violence.

Especially as an anonymous private citizen it's hard not to get worked up and say something mean, but for myself I do believe in golden rule, glass houses, karma. Best to keep your evil thoughts to yourself imho.

I think the more interesting question is why do some people think it's "ok" to say that stuff.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Man people are so bad at making these conspiracy theories it seems the whole "It was staged" stuff is weak as hell.

I'll give you one for free.

(this is counter to stuff I've pointed out in this thread already so clearly I don't believe it I'm throwing it out there as a "This makes more sense option")

On July 5th 2024 Trump and his campaign distanced themselves from project 2025 which is a weird wishlist of things a more fringe group of republicans want if he wins and want him to deliver.

A 20 year old registered republican sees these comments and being a supporter of project 2025 sees Trump as having betrayed the part so takes his fathers rifle and tries to assassinate him.

There we go, very simple conspiracy theory, few working parts, far more believable. Have fun with it now.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Man people are so bad at making these conspiracy theories it seems the whole "It was staged" stuff is weak as hell.

I'll give you one for free.

(this is counter to stuff I've pointed out in this thread already so clearly I don't believe it I'm throwing it out there as a "This makes more sense option")

On July 5th 2024 Trump and his campaign distanced themselves from project 2025 which is a weird wishlist of things a more fringe group of republicans want if he wins and want him to deliver.

A 20 year old registered republican sees these comments and being a supporter of project 2025 sees Trump as having betrayed the part so takes his fathers rifle and tries to assassinate him.

There we go, very simple conspiracy theory, few working parts, far more believable. Have fun with it now.
I still prefer my pedophile angle until proven otherwise.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well the Republicans have no to blame, but themselves for letting in these type of conspiracy nuts into their fold in the first place. An infinite hell they created for themselves. They deserve people like Thomas Crooks. Nobody ever wants to take the responsibility.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I mean, he did give a speech in front of said group about them working on it so it seems weird to pretend he didn't know what it was. Also, several of the specific people working on it were part of his administration, so calling it a weird fringe group as opposed to the supposedly less fringe group Trump is part of also feels weird.

I still prefer my pedophile angle until proven otherwise.
I mean X was suppressing #TrumpPedoFiles just a few days before the shooting. It's entirely possible he was a "pedophile hunter" who just didn't get the message that "pedophile" doesn't mean pedophile but instead is supposed to be the mask-on word for LGBTQ+.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I can not believe I am about to say this. Destiny the streamer is correct about conservative bad-faith arguments.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Ill export the text later, but essentially investigators found a lot of conflicting evidence regarding his social life, but it looks to likely a fame thing. He was researching a lot of political figures across the spectrum and posted on steam that he was "making his debut" on the 13th.

For those not familiar with my earlier video Peter Gabriel wrote a song called "family snapshot" based on the attempted assassination of George Wallace by Arthur Bremer. It ultimately was just a way to get famous and I think that's gonna be the summary found here.

It looks like Crooks was probably an anti-trump republican teen looking to get attention and the opportunity presented itself.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I mean, Jack Black was already an outspoken critic of Trump for years.
I thought it was Kyle Gass that made the comments. I saw a headline that Kyle had been kicked from the label that their band was under as well. Black cancelled the rest of the tour dates.

I think anyone celebrating this, AND/OR, lamenting that the shooter missed should be ashamed of themselves. Like Trump, hate him, whatever, he doesn't deserve death by anything outside of a KFC related incident. Your politics should no longer come into play here, because this was attempted murder period and everyone should condemn that regardless.

People really need to stop treating political belief's like a battleground, in which people who dont share your views are therefore enemies and should be put down. It's disgusting. And a bunch of you in here going "Ahh too bad" "Dang he missed", You should be fucking disgusted with yourselves. Trump is a stupid asshole but he's doesn't deserve death. Fucking sick.

Destiny's comments are also bullshit and shows how far left or right ideologies completely shatter your basic human empathies. He is the perfect example of someone who goes so far to one side that they can't image their side doing anything wrong and will happily condone fucking murder so long as it's against someone who disagrees with him. How fucked of a mindset do you need to have?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I thought it was Kyle Gass that made the comments. I saw a headline that Kyle had been kicked from the label that their band was under as well. Black cancelled the rest of the tour dates.

I think anyone celebrating this, AND/OR, lamenting that the shooter missed should be ashamed of themselves. Like Trump, hate him, whatever, he doesn't deserve death by anything outside of a KFC related incident. Your politics should no longer come into play here, because this was attempted murder period and everyone should condemn that regardless.

People really need to stop treating political belief's like a battleground, in which people who dont share your views are therefore enemies and should be put down. It's disgusting. And a bunch of you in here going "Ahh too bad" "Dang he missed", You should be fucking disgusted with yourselves. Trump is a stupid asshole but he's doesn't deserve death. Fucking sick.

Destiny's comments are also bullshit and shows how far left or right ideologies completely shatter your basic human empathies. He is the perfect example of someone who goes so far to one side that they can't image their side doing anything wrong and will happily condone fucking murder so long as it's against someone who disagrees with him. How fucked of a mindset do you need to have?
Kyle Gss made the comments, and Jack Black was the one who condemned them. He's still a critic of Trump, but he is along our mindset.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

1721332544616.png

Trump wouldn't think twice to implement policies that would literally get people killed (specifically friends of mine who are transgender and would no longer be allowed to get the drugs/surgeries needed to transition even though they are full grown adults) and you want me to shed a tear because someone took a shot at him?

I am shedding a tear...that the loser somehow managed to miss a relatively easy shot with a weapon that Trump and his ilk celebrate when they're used to mow down children at schools. Fuck Trump and hopefully the next person who takes a shot doesn't suck at shooting.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

Ill export the text later, but essentially investigators found a lot of conflicting evidence regarding his social life, but it looks to likely a fame thing. He was researching a lot of political figures across the spectrum and posted on steam that he was "making his debut" on the 13th.

For those not familiar with my earlier video Peter Gabriel wrote a song called "family snapshot" based on the attempted assassination of George Wallace by Arthur Bremer. It ultimately was just a way to get famous and I think that's gonna be the summary found here.

It looks like Crooks was probably an anti-trump republican teen looking to get attention and the opportunity presented itself.
I can almost respect an assassination attempt based on ideological reasons.

There's so many people who say "if I could time travel I would definitely kill Hitler before he comes to power." Here we have someone who is literally referred to as "America's Hitler" by his own VP pick, and if someone was trying to take him out to prevent Hitler 2 Electric Boogaloo it could almost be seen as admirable though misguided. After all, the pro-gun wing of the US is always talking about how they need guns to prevent tyranny. While I disagree with political violence in all forms from all sides I could almost find it respectable that someone from the pro-gun wing would actually stick so strongly to their convictions and attempt to use their gun for what they claim to need it.

Of course the problem with trying to use violence to stop tyranny is that tyranny means different things to different people, and attempting to attack the Capital to stop the certification of an election is also attempting to "stop tyranny" in the eyes of a significant portion of the country. That's why political violence should never be acceptable, regardless of how one may personally feel about the target.

Political violence just for attention though? Utterly disgusting. You have nothing to contribute to the world so you lash out with violence because you are an empty useless human. The sheer laziness is astounding and pathetic.