US 2024 Presidential Election

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear. They need a thumbs down on this forum! LOL!
There's no corroborating account you'd accept. Even if they're not anonymous and were present on the trip, you'll just assume they're making it up.

You have no basis to say it was a lie. It's a credible and corroborated-- albeit unproven-- allegation. And given the disdain with which Trump holds disabled people, it's a very believable one.

Do you think everyone there who defended the statue of Robert E Lee marched with them?
Nope, not everyone who protested at the statue will have been at the march. But everyone who turned out at that event (marching or protesting) did so at the request of a white supremacist, and was happy to associate with white nationalists/supremacists waving swastikas, valknuts, plan symbols and confederate flags.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Nope, not everyone who protested at the statue will have been at the march. But everyone who turned out at that event (marching or protesting) did so at the request of a white supremacist, and was happy to associate with white nationalists/supremacists waving swastikas, valknuts, plan symbols and confederate flags.
You are, of course, aware that the event was preceded by multiple other events organized by largely historical organizations, and was named in a way that might reasonably attract attendees unaware of the organizer's personal beliefs. Do you truly believe that not a single person was there who just likes Civil War monuments?

If someone directly associated with Hamas organizes a protest in support of Palestine, is every attendee now a Hamas supporter? Do you believe not a single person simply interested in the promotion of international peace would attend?

Edit: To jump to the end of this drawn out back and forth, you are willing to paint hundreds of people you've never met with the broadest of strokes and condemn them to annoy people. You're not even making a political argument here, Trump condemned white supremacists in the same statement in no uncertain terms, you are taking your stance because you know it's wrong and want to annoy people.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You are, of course, aware that the event was preceded by multiple other events organized by largely historical organizations, and was named in a way that might reasonably attract attendees unaware of the organizer's personal beliefs. Do you truly believe that not a single person was there who just likes Civil War monuments?

If someone directly associated with Hamas organizes a protest in support of Palestine, is every attendee now a Hamas supporter? Do you believe not a single person simply interested in the promotion of international peace would attend?

Edit: To jump to the end of this drawn out back and forth, you are willing to paint hundreds of people you've never met with the broadest of strokes and condemn them to annoy people. You're not even making a political argument here, Trump condemned white supremacists in the same statement in no uncertain terms, you are taking your stance because you know it's wrong and want to annoy people.
Don't you understand? *sarcasm*: guilt by association is cool again, as long as it is directed against people that don't want the left to destroy the nation.

EDIT: Jimmy Dore has good advice for Trump. Don't get distracted from your winning topics.
Recently Trump has been goaded into talking about such non-topics as "Kamala isn't black" and even if he is correct, it is a distraction from things that really matter and will win him the election:

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
To be fair, people think if they keep repeating lies about what he says often enough, it becomes real.
Given that you then lie about what Trump said, and keep repeating the lie in the hope it becomes real, apparently yes.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Given that you then lie about what Trump said, and keep repeating the lie in the hope it becomes real, apparently yes.
Like changing the definition of inflation so it doesn't apply to the Biden economy?
Like telling us that Cackles is the border czar until that doesn't help Democrats that told us she was and are now saying she never was?
Like telling us the war in Ukraine is a matter for US funding?
Like telling us we need to go to war in Syria cuz Assad is gassing people?
Like telling us its OK to instruct 11 year olds in how to give a blow job?
Like telling us their is no invasion at the US Southern border, let alone that is in collaboration with the Biden admin and other nations and NGOs?
And so much more:
I just posted this. Again, Trump needs to stay on message. They may pull out the suckers and losers lies and the very fine people lies and it is tempting to fight back but instead, Trump needs to keep it about peace, the border, the economy/inflation, the international strength of the dollar. I'd add housing. My kids are trying to buy one and in real terms, monthly loan payments have doubled.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Like doubling down on "very fine people" and "suckers and losers", presumably in the hope it will become true if you lie repeatedly enough. It hasn't.

I'm not particularly inclined to look up what you are trying to deflect with, but you'll understand if I suspect you aren't being totally honest about those either.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You are, of course, aware that the event was preceded by multiple other events organized by largely historical organizations [...]
Yes, there were indeed unaffiliated protests elsewhere, to which Donald Trump was not referring when he was asked about this one.

and was named in a way that might reasonably attract attendees unaware of the organizer's personal beliefs. Do you truly believe that not a single person was there who just likes Civil War monuments?
A minuscule number of people may have been completely ignorant of the group, didn't bother to look it up, but then turned out at that group's request, yes. Those people will have then been faced with an overwhelming display of neo-Nazi, Klan and white-supremacist symbols and racist chants. If they then stayed and protested alongside, then they chose their bedfellows.

If a protest was organised by Hamas, I'd be extremely fucking wary of anyone knowingly attending it. I'd also be extremely fucking wary of anyone who turned up without knowing who organised it, but chose to stay if it was full of flags/symbols/chants representing pure hate movements.

Edit: To jump to the end of this drawn out back and forth, you are willing to paint hundreds of people you've never met with the broadest of strokes and condemn them to annoy people.
I am indeed happy to judge people on the principles they espouse and the company they keep, even if I haven't met them. You haven't met the vast majority of people you routinely patronise or denigrate, either, but it doesn't seem to bother you.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Like telling us its OK to instruct 11 year olds in how to give a blow job?
You complain about other people "lying" when they are at worst just repeating unproven but corroborated allegations-- and then come out with this absolute horseshit.

You have zero interest in what's true and what's not. It's all just partisan shit-slinging.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You complain about other people "lying" when they are at worst just repeating unproven but corroborated allegations-- and then come out with this absolute horseshit.

You have zero interest in what's true and what's not. It's all just partisan shit-slinging.
How can you think this claim even a little bit questionable in a world in which things like this is happening:

1722693436268.png

When the recent French Olympics opening can be described as demonic?

1722693509944.png
And more? Really?

Hopefully this clip starts at around 8 minute when clicked but the whole video is pretty hilarious.

If HR5 passes the Senate (It holds that all orientations, which would include MAPS: Minor Attracted Persons: people that want adults to be able to have sex with children) will have equal rights at a minimum, I think school districts will have difficulty ensuring biological males are kept out of girl's sports.

Now the question is, can team Trump make the arguments and are they, for purposes of getting elected, helpful to his chances.

In a country increasingly governed on behalf of crazy bitter childless cat ladies, I'm not sure.

EDIT: Description of the act applauded by Democrats in the 2024 SOTU

Hr 5 equality act

The HR 5 Equality Act is a federal legislation aimed at prohibiting discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity in various areas, including:
  • Public accommodations and facilities
  • Education
  • Federal funding
  • Employment
  • Housing
  • Credit
  • Jury system

Last edited:

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
How can you think this claim even a little bit questionable in a world in which things like this is happening:

View attachment 11616

View attachment 11617
And more? Really?

Hopefully this clip starts at around 8 minute when clicked but the whole video is pretty hilarious.
You've pretty much become the meme of a weird MAGA supporter, I mean are you even reading the stuff you're writing or are you just copying talking points directly from some lunatic conspiracy site.

Better yet, some of your arguments aren't even arguments.

How can we think the claim is questionable because you post a picture of a dragqueen telling a story to kids? Because it is just an adult in a persona telling a story to kids, the same thing actors and drama enthusiasts do frequently.

And then you're arguing that the opening of the Olympics could be described as "demonic", but the thing is that just because you can describe something in a manner it doesn't make the description, true, accurate, or even reasonable. Besides, if you can't even understand the difference between pagan and demonic you should probably refrain from making any comments on performances or artistic expression.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
And then you're arguing that the opening of the Olympics could be described as "demonic", but the thing is that just because you can describe something in a manner it doesn't make the description, true, accurate, or even reasonable.
I was just writing how it "could" be described as a flaming mongoose when you posted this.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, Snopes doesn't even corroborate your claim.

You're trusting Snopes now? That's novel. Anyway: perhaps it would be more accurate to say he referred to people who are happy to associate with white supremacists as "very fine people". The distinction doesn't seem enormously beneficial to Trump's case.

View attachment 11616

View attachment 11617
And more? Really?
Nothing here is about instructing minors how to give blow jobs. You're just irrationally angry about cultural things you don't like, so you're willing to smear them with baseless accusations of paedophilia. It's utter horseshit.

And there's nothing "demonic" there. That's a (somewhat cringey) depiction of Dionysus/Bacchus. Don't let your Satanic panic/ ignorance of classical imagery drive you to inane kneejerk conclusions.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
If a protest was organised by Hamas, I'd be extremely fucking wary of anyone knowingly attending it. I'd also be extremely fucking wary of anyone who turned up without knowing who organised it, but chose to stay if it was full of flags/symbols/chants representing pure hate movements.
Of your many lies here, this might be the least believable. You are welcome to condemn every demonstration full of Hamas flags, but I don't think you're going to.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Of your many lies here, this might be the least believable. You are welcome to condemn every demonstration full of Hamas flags, but I don't think you're going to.
Shifted the goalposts there, I see.