US 2024 Presidential Election

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Yeah! Why pay homage to Greek Mythology in the opening of.....lemme check my notes....the Olympics!
To be fair, the homage was utterly unrecognizable. 'Oh yeah, that blue guy was supposed to be a character that nobody depicts with blue skin. And he was on the table, cause the painting nobody's ever heard of has him in the foreground, rather than behind (or on) the table."

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Truthfulness is a low bar that you're missing.
You asked me what I'd do in a hypothetical scenario. Despite how obviously false the equivalence was, I replied directly and honestly to that hypothetical. You then shifted the nature of the hypothetical to label me a liar for how I'd respond.

The truth is that you don't have the slightest grasp of how I'd respond or the slightest willingness to understand your opponents, and you'd rather just chuck smears about. Insist I'm lying all you like, if it helps you feel better about the sneering denigration with which you treat people who disagree with you.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You asked me what I'd do in a hypothetical scenario. Despite how obviously false the equivalence was, I replied directly and honestly to that hypothetical. You then shifted the nature of the hypothetical to label me a liar for how I'd respond.

The truth is that you don't have the slightest grasp of how I'd respond or the slightest willingness to understand your opponents, and you'd rather just chuck smears about. Insist I'm lying all you like, if it helps you feel better about the sneering denigration with which you treat people who disagree with you.
I treat people who disagree with me just as well as anyone.

I treat liars with sneering denigration.

You're silly if you think I can't tell the difference.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You're trusting Snopes now? That's novel. Anyway: perhaps it would be more accurate to say he referred to people who are happy to associate with white supremacists as "very fine people". The distinction doesn't seem enormously beneficial to Trump's case.

Nothing here is about instructing minors how to give blow jobs. You're just irrationally angry about cultural things you don't like, so you're willing to smear them with baseless accusations of paedophilia. It's utter horseshit.

And there's nothing "demonic" there. That's a (somewhat cringey) depiction of Dionysus/Bacchus. Don't let your Satanic panic/ ignorance of classical imagery drive you to inane kneejerk conclusions.
Um, the Jimmy Dore video is the creator of Libs of Tic Tok confronting a woman who is saying that as she is not an expert, she cannot say there is something wrong with teaching public school children how to give blow jobs and @8 min she shows her a picture of what children are being shown in public schools saying, "this is a blow job" and it leaves her speechless. At around 8 min. of that video.

The pic of the depraved freak reading to little kids is also impossible to ignore and not see as a part of a cultural decline in which the left is trying, as they have been for years, to "normalize" adults raping children.

These guys sure as hell aren't Republicans:

"Nambla home website

Based on the provided search results, the Nambla home website is:
This website is dedicated to promoting the idea that consenting adults and minors can have sexual and loving relationships, which is illegal in many countries. The website contains articles, stories, and discussions about pedophilia, as well as information about the organization and its activities.
It’s essential to note that the legality and ethical implications of this website are controversial and widely debated. While some argue that it promotes harmful and illegal activities, others view it as a platform for free speech and advocacy."

It isn't a question of whether or not this is happening. My question is, would making a campaign issue of it help Trump or not.

I note you don't address the possible ramifications of HR5. Do you support biological men in girl's sports?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I treat people who disagree with me just as well as anyone.

I treat liars with sneering denigration.

You're silly if you think I can't tell the difference.
You can't tell the difference. You assume lies of people who disagree because you have a shoddy grasp of what they believe, and doing so helps you pigeonhole them and feel superior. But you've got fuck-all basis to call me a liar.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Um, the Jimmy Dore video is the creator of Libs of Tic Tok confronting a woman who is saying that as she is not an expert, she cannot say there is something wrong with teaching public school children how to give blow jobs and @8 min she shows her a picture of what children are being shown in public schools saying, "this is a blow job" and it leaves her speechless. At around 8 min. of that video.
Riiiiight, but we don't actually see what's being shown, do we? Nor have any confirmation it's in schools, or in what context. We're just supposed to take the word of that disingenuous moron who says she doesn't want sex-ed.

You've gotta stop just taking the face-value claims of whoever reinforces what you want to think.

The pic of the depraved freak [...]
I don't have any time or respect for your prejudice towards drag. Don't impose your hysterical personal hatred towards it on everyone else. It's not an inherently sexual expression, and in fact it's been part of accepted mainstream family-friendly entertainment here in Britain for centuries.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You can't tell the difference. You assume lies of people who disagree because you have a shoddy grasp of what they believe, and doing so helps you pigeonhole them and feel superior. But you've got fuck-all basis to call me a liar.
Normally you aren't, but today you decided that it is so important to condemn literally every single right-leaning person at Charlottesville that you are willing to pretend, that you'd be wary of anyone who stayed at a protest for Palestine with Hamas flags (which is a lot of them).

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The pic of the depraved freak reading to little kids is also impossible to ignore and not see as a part of a cultural decline in which the left is trying, as they have been for years, to "normalize" adults raping children.
What makes you call them a "depraved freak"?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Screenshot_20240803-172907.png

Master negotiator DJT HATH DECREEED THERE SHALL BE DEBATE.

Ok actually KH hasn't actually agreed to any of this but she totally will because Trump is so good at wheeling and dealing and always gets exactly what he wants.

Anybody wanna takes bets on it?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
[...] you are willing to pretend, that you'd be wary of anyone who stayed at a protest for Palestine with Hamas flags (which is a lot of them).
Once again: no, because this is a shifted goalpost. Originally you were talking about a protest organised by Hamas, and for this scenario to be comparable, it would also need to be pretty overwhelmingly dominated by hate-group symbols and chants. A protest that fit those descriptions? Yes, I'd be fucking wary, despite your rank insinuations.

If it was just a protest organised by other groups, that had some Hamas flags in a minority? That's a different situation, isn't it, and one for which I'd have a different approach.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Once again: no, because this is a shifted goalpost. Originally you were talking about a protest organised by Hamas, and for this scenario to be comparable, it would also need to be pretty overwhelmingly dominated by hate-group symbols and chants. A protest that fit those descriptions? Yes, I'd be fucking wary, despite your rank insinuations.

If it was just a protest organised by other groups, that had some Hamas flags in a minority? That's a different situation, isn't it, and one for which I'd have a different approach.
Just say there are fine people. Say the truth you know in your heart.

Reactions: gorfias

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You're trusting Snopes now? That's novel. Anyway: perhaps it would be more accurate to say he referred to people who are happy to associate with white supremacists as "very fine people". The distinction doesn't seem enormously beneficial to Trump's case.
Even Snopes says you're wrong. You don't realize people of any bad group (say KKK or whatever else) will have the same take on something else that are shared with other groups (basic Venn diagram). If white supremacists like steak and I like steak, I'm happy to associate with them on that for example. I don't know why you think it's a problem to associate with some group you don't like on some other thing, you will because it's inevitable.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Lina Khan will likely not be the FTC chair for long. There's too much money against her.

She will likely be the best FTC chair in history for decades.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Even Snopes says you're wrong. You don't realize people of any bad group (say KKK or whatever else) will have the same take on something else that are shared with other groups (basic Venn diagram). If white supremacists like steak and I like steak, I'm happy to associate with them on that for example. I don't know why you think it's a problem to associate with some group you don't like on some other thing, you will because it's inevitable.
For that example to be fitting, the KKK would have to be hosting a BBQ at which their symbols and attire were openly on display in significant numbers. At that point, attendance at the BBQ, even if it's just about steak, is a choice being made to involve yourself with a hate group.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
For that example to be fitting, the KKK would have to be hosting a BBQ at which their symbols and attire were openly on display in significant numbers. At that point, attendance at the BBQ, even if it's just about steak, is a choice being made to involve yourself with a hate group.
How many KKK flags were flying at Charlottesville?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Just say there are fine people. Say the truth you know in your heart.
"Fine people" would not turn out at the request of a white-supremacist & klansman and then happily protest alongside a sea of white-supremacist symbols and chants.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think when we say "associating with", we just mean having the same opinion as someone else on something? Because that's obviously not what it means. We're talking about people turning out to an event organised by white-supremacists and then marching and/or protesting alongside them, with their symbols and racist chants prominent. At that point you're associating with all the stuff that characterises the event.