US 2024 Presidential Election

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Given that you are bringing that up in the context of paedophilia it is obviously not an insult of endearment or anything like that, you are calling them a depraved freak as a statement on their morals. And I have yet to see anything to indicate that this individual has done anything immoral, other than you spouting additional views of what the overall context supposedly is.
If Drag Queens wanted to diddle little kids, they'd become Priests or Cops, not Drag Queens.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
If it was just a protest organised by other groups, that had some Hamas flags in a minority? That's a different situation, isn't it, and one for which I'd have a different approach.
So the Nazi at the table with 11 other people makes for 12 Nazis logic doesn't apply here?

"It is argued to be an orientation"... by a minuscule fringe with zero influence and zero power anywhere on any level of government. The bill simply and factually does not include it, and anyone telling you that's somehow covered by the term "orientation" is either a grifter or an idiot.

Protections against discrimination on grounds of orientation already exist in 20+ states (as well as dozens of other countries). You know how often it's included paedophilia? Zero.

Or, let's apply your logic to the existing provisions in the Civil Rights Act. You seem to think that if some lunatic can argue something is included, then it will be. So what if some lunatic argues child molestation is part of their religion? You know what happens? Fucking nothing, it's not protected, the other laws against that still stand and it's not a recognised religious freedom.

This is a malicious and moronic lie, peddled by fuckwads who want to be able to keep legally discriminating against gay people, so they're smearing their opponents as paedophilia. It's rank, it's dishonest, and it's plain fucking stupid.
If you wanted to legally molest kids, you'd probably be better off to get a judge in your pocket and marry the kid in one of the states with no hard minimum marriage age, then travel to one of the states where marriage is an exception to age of consent. It'd be much easier than trying to argue that 1) pedophilia is a sexual orientation and 2) that being punished for molesting children violates a right not to be discriminated against because of said orientation. Like, even if you could convincingly argue 1, 2 would be subject to the same logic that restrains Sikhs carrying the kirpan in a lot of situations and it would go "sure, you can be a pedophile, and we can't discriminate against you being a pedophile, but laws against molesting children are about conduct not orientation". As opposed to just pointing to your marriage certificate, state law and the full faith and credit clause.

Basic prejudiced fearmongering, like when the idiots who argued against decriminalising homosexuality tried to convince people it would lead to marrying dogs.
I still find it amusing to point out that in my state decriminalizing homosexuality literally led to decriminalizing fucking animals, so long as the act in question wouldn't otherwise be animal abuse (aka the animal isn't being harmed or injured to do so). Because it was literally the same law that covered both and they decided to repeal and replace and have to date never got around to the "replace" part of that.

EDIT: Found this... dunno who these people are. Biased poll?
Hmm, PredictIt has Harris slightly ahead. Like very slightly ahead. Like "Harris will win the 2024 Presidential election" is only trading for $0.01 more than "Trump will win the 2024 Presidential election."

Reactions: gorfias

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So the Nazi at the table with 11 other people makes for 12 Nazis logic doesn't apply here?
Depends on the table. For a small minority at a protest about other stuff? No it doesn't.

If you wanted to legally molest kids, you'd probably be better off to get a judge in your pocket and marry the kid in one of the states with no hard minimum marriage age, then travel to one of the states where marriage is an exception to age of consent. It'd be much easier than trying to argue that 1) pedophilia is a sexual orientation and 2) that being punished for molesting children violates a right not to be discriminated against because of said orientation. Like, even if you could convincingly argue 1, 2 would be subject to the same logic that restrains Sikhs carrying the kirpan in a lot of situations and it would go "sure, you can be a pedophile, and we can't discriminate against you being a pedophile, but laws against molesting children are about conduct not orientation". As opposed to just pointing to your marriage certificate, state law and the full faith and credit clause.
Having gone down a bit of a wikipedia rabbit hole on this, it looks like it's a genuine problem, with that loophole (or something similar) leading to tens of thousands of instances of abuse. Grotesque.

Worth noting that protections against discrimination have never been used to successfully legally justify anything similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
...but the past doesn't provide any precedent for your position. Given that the judiciary have had exactly the same provisions for other groups since 1964, and they've never been used to legalise paedophilia. And dozens of other countries, plus 20+ states, have had protections for orientation, and none have ever used them to legalise paedophilia.

If "the past is prologue", it goes to show that anti-discrimination protections don't lead to the ridiculous end-point you're speculating they would. What you're speculating about has no precedent whatsoever.
I don't think we've ever had people threatened with going to jail in Canada for protesting things like Drag Queen story hour or using the wrong pro-nouns. You didn't have people fighting to have biological men in women's sports. You didn't have public school books teaching minors about sex and sex change stuff. You didn't have people arguing that the state, rather than parents, know best and if they think your kid should get a sex change when they're too young to vote or get a tattoo? We are in radically different waters than ever before. And the French Olympics opening was new.

Heck, the way they F'd up Star Wars makes me terrified for the kids.

Given that you are bringing that up in the context of paedophilia it is obviously not an insult of endearment or anything like that, you are calling them a depraved freak as a statement on their morals. And I have yet to see anything to indicate that this individual has done anything immoral, other than you spouting additional views of what the overall context supposedly is.
Given who and what he is and dressing like that in front of kids? He might as well be jerking off.

Say he was. And he promised not to squirt on the kids. Would that still be OK? I couldn't quantify the damages to the kids in such a case. I'd still call it wrong and do what I could to forbit it from happening.

And, is any of this a campaign issue?

Posted earlier, Trump is pledging to keep biological men out of women's sports, as opposed to Biden trying to make Title 9 apply to trans women. So, yeah. These things are becoming issues.

Trump is also saying he wants tips to not count towards income tax. Would you favor that?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think we've ever had people threatened with going to jail in Canada for protesting things like Drag Queen story hour or using the wrong pro-nouns.
Nobody has gone to jail simply for using the wrong pronouns. Some people have been charged for public order offenses such as harassment, because harassment is against the law, and has been for a long, long time. These were people who turned up to libraries and other public spaces, accosted parents and library employees, shouted at children-- in short, harassment.

You didn't have people fighting to have biological men in women's sports.
You are currently fighting to have biological women excluded from women's sports, because a Kremlin stooge and some online grifters told you a lie about her, and you're extremely susceptible to culture war lies.

You didn't have public school books teaching minors about sex and sex change stuff. You didn't have people arguing that the state, rather than parents, know best and if they think your kid should get a sex change when they're too young to vote or get a tattoo? We are in radically different waters than ever before. And the French Olympics opening was new.
It's very clear that you actually have fuck-all idea what's being taught in schools, because you just uncritically believe whatever the outrage-peddlers and right-wing culture warriors tell you.

Then you're hysterical.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I don't think we've ever had people threatened with going to jail in Canada for protesting things like Drag Queen story hour or using the wrong pro-nouns.
How many people have been threatened with jail? Because it's been 8 years. Surely, that means someone has gotten in trouble

If there has been no one, then you know this claim was made up

You didn't have people fighting to have biological men in women's sports.
Transathletes have been in women's sports since the 1970s. The courts in the US ruled that was acceptable. So no. There was no fighting. It was the accepted norm.

Mainly because they don't claim that some without a penis is a biological male

You didn't have public school books teaching minors about sex and sex change stuff.
Most schools in the 80s and 90s started sex ed about 10-12. Unless you had abstinence as a theme for the school because then it might be never. I would hope that sex changed gets taught in grade 9 biology. Then we wouldnt have all this current nonsense

But then, that's not what you are really cranky about. It's the gender stuff. Like how conservatives made up that men cant wear skirts. Ithas no biological basis. It's as fake as ancient aliens and should have holes poked through that nonsense. More of this please

You didn't have people arguing that the state, rather than parents, know best and if they think your kid should get a sex change when they're too young to vote or get a tattoo?
Yeah, you did. Doctors come to you when you were born and assigned you a sex. If it was hard to tell, they would do surgery on infants to turn them into a certain gender the doctor decided

We are in radically different waters than ever before. And the French Olympics opening was new.
We are in the same world. I'm glad you finally open your eyes instead of hiding in your silo

As a person who has been rewatching Star Wars with his kids, it was always terrible. Some of the shows are better than the movies. Most of it has always been pretty average. My kids didn't start loving Star Wars until they watch Rebels which is a way better written show than the original movies.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Given who and what he is and dressing like that in front of kids? He might as well be jerking off.

Say he was. And he promised not to squirt on the kids. Would that still be OK? I couldn't quantify the damages to the kids in such a case. I'd still call it wrong and do what I could to forbit it from happening.
This is what you think. This is what occupies the fetid crevices of your brain.
May you live in fear and terror the rest of your life that the things you imagine are happening. You deserve nothing but to be haunted by the demons of your own making. Reality isn't for you.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Someone should remind gorfias that RuPaul's Drag Race has been on basic cable for over a decade and a half now. It's not particularly risqué.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Depends on the table. For a small minority at a protest about other stuff? No it doesn't.
Thought the whole point of it only taking one Nazi at a table of 12 to make them all Nazis was that it only takes being willing to associate with a small minority with an unacceptable view, even in an otherwise innocuous situation, to count you as one of them by association.

Having gone down a bit of a wikipedia rabbit hole on this, it looks like it's a genuine problem, with that loophole (or something similar) leading to tens of thousands of instances of abuse. Grotesque.
Currently one pair of states for my exact hypothetical would be California for the marriage and New Mexico for after. And yeah, grotesque.

Worth noting that protections against discrimination have never been used to successfully legally justify anything similar.
This was rather my point. To even *try* to under HR5 you'd have to convince a court that pedophilia is a valid sexual orientation and that laws against molesting children are about discriminating against that orientation rather than about the conduct itself. You'd have an easier time getting a religious exemption for human sacrifice.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Prediction, Harris picks Kelly as VP; however, Shapiro, Kelly, and Walz are all amazing VP candidates. My preferred pick is Kelly too.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Edit: He's the closest thing to a Leftist we have in the Democratic party (that actually uses his power rather than just says it would be great if we had X when not in power then doing nothing to implement X when he's in power). As someone from Minnesota, I've seen what the man has done with a one person supermajority and demonstrates what Democrats SHOULD be.

He's absolutely not perfect (Still on Team Israel and never pushed for M4A in the state) but overall I'd be very happy with him if I were a Democrat.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Thought the whole point of it only taking one Nazi at a table of 12 to make them all Nazis was that it only takes being willing to associate with a small minority with an unacceptable view, even in an otherwise innocuous situation, to count you as one of them by association.
And that principle obviously has limits. If we extend "association" to cover merely being in the same area, then that's clearly untenable.

This was rather my point. To even *try* to under HR5 you'd have to convince a court that pedophilia is a valid sexual orientation and that laws against molesting children are about discriminating against that orientation rather than about the conduct itself. You'd have an easier time getting a religious exemption for human sacrifice.
Indeed-- or a religious exemption for pederasty etc, hence my argument that the existing Civil Rights Act has just as much chance of such insane "reinterpretation"-- that chance being essentially nil. It ain't gonna happen with the Civil Rights Act, and it ain't gonna happen with the Equality Act, which merely extends those same provisions a bit further.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Take Shapiro off the list, guy is a sleaze.
Shapiro has a higher chance of forcing Israel to back off escalation in the Middle East than all combined.

Edit: He's the closest thing to a Leftist we have in the Democratic party (that actually uses his power rather than just says it would be great if we had X when not in power then doing nothing to implement X when he's in power). As someone from Minnesota, I've seen what the man has done with a one person supermajority and demonstrates what Democrats SHOULD be.

He's absolutely not perfect (Still on Team Israel and never pushed for M4A in the state) but overall I'd be very happy with him if I were a Democrat.
Fucking nuts, I didn't think Harris would pick him. That's amazing; he's a domestic policy dream come true.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Genuinely, if there were something that could make me consider voting blue, this pick is a start. It's a good pick. Now force out Harris, and we're talking.