The Thread where I air my grievances with the Assassins' Creed series SPOILERS EVERYWHERE

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
At the very least, there doesn’t seem to be number generators or enemy levels. So they might be ditching the looter RPG of the past games?

Goddamn it, this game keeps jerking me around
I think I would only call Odyssey a "looter" rpg. Valhalla had loot but it was a lot more focused. Odyssey was the one that was like Nioh where you're constantly picking up endless crap.
Semantics, I know, whatever, but I do personally dislike when loot is about quantity. It's actually one reason I got tired of when I tried Diablo 4, I dunno how people enjoy looking at pictures of gear with numbers so much.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Ubisoft just released a statement to the Japanese audience.

Fascinating. I wonder if Ubisoft actually determined that there was significant negative response from actual Japanese people. Didn't expect them to address this in any way.

Although weird that they posted the English version first...

Reactions: BrawlMan

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I've been playing through the series. I started with Odessey, strangely, played Origins, and then went back and did the first game and the Ezio trilogy. Having finished those I'm up to AC3 and now I'm losing interest. They are all so similar that they blend into one. I 100% think you need long breaks in between AC games. I will finish them all, but I'm having a break for a few months.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I 100% think you need long breaks in between AC games.
*nods*

I can happily replay the first four games in a row because, by today's standards, they're relatively short, and I do love them. But the thought of playing any of the others back-to-back gives me a headache lol. And I still like this series!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I've been playing through the series. I started with Odessey, strangely, played Origins, and then went back and did the first game and the Ezio trilogy. Having finished those I'm up to AC3 and now I'm losing interest. They are all so similar that they blend into one. I 100% think you need long breaks in between AC games. I will finish them all, but I'm having a break for a few months.
Isn't it funny that despite how much criticism the series gets for being so generic, it remains fairly unique in the gaming landscape? No one else does parkour assassin adventure period pieces. It's just that there's so goddamn many AssCreed games, and in such a short amount of time too. Imagine if they stuck to the annual release model...

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Every now and then I get curious about delving back into this series, but I think it would need to be with God mode turned on because I’m only interested in the parkour traversal and the settings. The fact they play fast and loose with history just means I might as well be playing Uncharted for the superior production values regarding story stuff.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Someone from Japan reacts to AC: Shadows gameplay. Spoilers; she has many beefs with it.

Also it was quite interesting to see a video documentation of someone from Japan reacting and pointing out the many flaws