US 2024 Presidential Election

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Short answer: Yes. Discussion does get a little heavy, But they are pointing out how incoherent Trump is and the nonsensical ramblings and lies of an old man that never did anything.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Getting similar vibes as when Andrew Tate tweeted at Greta Thunberg, i.e. that he is not intending it as a serious message towards the alleged receiver but as a message to his followers that "Haha, look what I can tell this public figure".

Either way: get lost, Elon.

I liked her message about registring to vote and encouraging people to do their own research.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Aaaand now for the parade of Republicans doubling down on Trump's latest racist lie about immigrants eating dogs and cats in Ohio. Because let's not forget: the rot is not isolated to one man, and much of the broader party is happy to repeat the most outlandish made-up shit.

So far we have J.D. Vance (of course), Ted Cruz, the Republicans of the House judiciary committee, and the Arizona GOP. More will surely crawl out of their gruesome holes.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Aaaand now for the parade of Republicans doubling down on Trump's latest racist lie about immigrants eating dogs and cats in Ohio. Because let's not forget: the rot is not isolated to one man, and much of the broader party is happy to repeat the most outlandish made-up shit.
At least they're nearly all admitting he came off second best, just as the Democrats did with Biden in the last.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I like that this is the thing getting meme'd, cause the implication is that the claim is so ridiculous that it's comical.

But it's actually not, it was reported on by CNN the day before the debate:

So like, if something is so ridiculous that we joke about even the thought of it, what does this say for the people who actually support it?

If you want to mock Trump from the debate, stick with "She said my rallies are boring!? Well she lets illegal immigrants eat your dogs." Cause between those two things that Trump saw on tv in the last couple days, the dog eating immigrants is the one he's silly for repeating, not for telling you what Kamala verifiably agreed to in writing.
Trump said that Kamala Harris wants to give illegal immigrants transgender surgeries as an answer to a question about fracking.

It's getting meme'd because it's a completely nonsensical answer.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I can just imagine Musk typing that out on his phone thinking "This is going to make me sound like such a chad, Taylor Swift is going to get completely owned" only to wake up this morning to seeing everyone make fun of him.

It just goes to show, money can't buy a personality and a rich dork is still a dork.

Elon Musk is still very much this guy

1726082766366.png

1726082809121.png

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Even some of former President Donald Trump’s most ardent supporters seem worried he lost Tuesday’s debate with Vice President Kamala Harris.

Shares in Trump Media & Technology Group, the parent company of Trump’s Truth Social network, plunged more than 16% on Wednesday morning to a record low. The shares recovered a bit by mid-afternoon, but were still down more than 12%.

Meanwhile, online bettors also think the odds are now in Harris’s favor: Users of the online betting market PredictIt pushed her chances of winning to 55 percent by Wednesday afternoon, while Trump’s chances fell to 48 percent.

Other betting markets were more muted, but are also putting their post-debate money on Harris: She overtook Trump across online oddsmakers on Wednesday, according to an average of betting markets by RealClearPolitics.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

So far we have J.D. Vance (of course), Ted Cruz, the Republicans of the House judiciary committee, and the Arizona GOP. More will surely crawl out of their gruesome holes.
Because they know their base believes this shit. Trump's adherents earnestly believe that immigrants are subhuman monsters who will eat their pets and rape their daughters and take their guns. And Republicans will play to that, posturing as the "only we can save you from those subhuman monsters who don't look like you" party.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Because they know their base believes this shit. Trump's adherents earnestly believe that immigrants are subhuman monsters who will eat their pets and rape their daughters and take their guns. And Republicans will play to that, posturing as the "only we can save you from those subhuman monsters who don't look like you" party.
Or worse, rape their guns and take their daughters.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That's my time to comment most often, largely cause all these weirdos on the wrong continent.
This is for everyone

We never need immediate answers.

Feel free to not feel any pressure and to comment when you're good and ready

I personally do it while I take kids to sport and have to sit in the car

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
You know...if I was Trumps PR and coaches I would just work with him to start..you know..spitting facts. Him and Vance actually.

What I mean is that you can't just keep rolling with this "America sucks everything is terrible!" shtick without any kind of substantive facts and blaming random obscure problems on Biden.

I'm saying there's tons of legitimate problems in America. Things Kamala and Biden either haven't or are struggling to address. Rising medical costs, substandard job pay, affordable housing, fears of the future in regards to the environment and rising retirement age. Theres ways to get there that contradicts democrats if spun correctly.

I'm not saying they even have to make "good" points. they can totally lie or make unrealistic counterpoints.

What is not going to win them a majority of America support is this yammering nonsense about immigration and haitians eating cats. Honest to god if I found out it was true I'd be like "Ok but is it a good restaurant?". Really no one who lives in reality cares.

It's funny even reading the project 2025 plan it's largely abstract nonsense ideas that focus on politicizing the day to day operations of the state & fed governments. Not a single tangible detail about budgeting, improving social services.

If the reps do end up losing this election they need to sit down and do some serious soul searching about how to appeal to the middle and lower classes with concrete data and strategies for the future.

People are worn out on vague complaints about everything sucking.

I'm not a democrat, but god they are making it so easy to cheer for them when it's between a stable American & Global Economy and utter Lunacy.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
You know...if I was Trumps PR and coaches I would just work with him to start..you know..spitting facts. Him and Vance actually.

What I mean is that you can't just keep rolling with this "America sucks everything is terrible!" shtick without any kind of substantive facts and blaming random obscure problems on Biden.

I'm saying there's tons of legitimate problems in America. Things Kamala and Biden either haven't or are struggling to address. Rising medical costs, substandard job pay, affordable housing, fears of the future in regards to the environment and rising retirement age. Theres ways to get there that contradicts democrats if spun correctly.

I'm not saying they even have to make "good" points. they can totally lie or make unrealistic counterpoints.

What is not going to win them a majority of America support is this yammering nonsense about immigration and haitians eating cats. Honest to god if I found out it was true I'd be like "Ok but is it a good restaurant?". Really no one who lives in reality cares.

It's funny even reading the project 2025 plan it's largely abstract nonsense ideas that focus on politicizing the day to day operations of the state & fed governments. Not a single tangible detail about budgeting, improving social services.

If the reps do end up losing this election they need to sit down and do some serious soul searching about how to appeal to the middle and lower classes with concrete data and strategies for the future.

People are worn out on vague complaints about everything sucking.

I'm not a democrat, but god they are making it so easy to cheer for them when it's between a stable American & Global Economy and utter Lunacy.
I actually saw this article earlier in the day on this exact same topic:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Viktor Orban? No? Ashli Babbitt? That name usually triggers a big response. How about “peacefully and patriotically”? Trump’s supporters understand that this phrase is meant to absolve him of culpability for the Capitol riot. Did viewers at home know what he meant?
I literally don't know what any of that means and I wager the average American doesn't follow that kinda shit either.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I fear that would only have very limited success at best.

I do not think Trump is readily trainable in that way. He's a narcissist, and when he's seeking that "hit" of adulation from baying crowds dancing to his tune (actual or imagined), boring old facts aren't going to cut it. He has a fixed idea that he's the boss, knows better and can do as he pleases, reinforced by decades at the head of his own private corporation over which he effectively dictator. He's very emotional and prone to compulsions which will tend to override his ability to control himself. I just don't think he cares about facts, and as he doesn't care he doesn't concentrate or pay attention, and so they don't stick in his mind. All of this then magnified by his age and associated declining cognitive capability.

Probably why his speeches are a mix of bullshit and confused waffle, falling back on tired and well established attack lines when the stream-of-consciousness word salad runs out.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So if in africa they call it bush meat the practice of eating anything alive right next to where you live, be it a monkey or a rat or whatever, should we start calling it grass meat when they eat the dogs and cats here?

Why do I need to come up with this stuff, what are they doing with their meme department?

Anyhow, this debate doesn't really illustrate anything new. Trump is still insane and would cut taxes more, and don't-come-Ala is at least coherent unlike Biden and is at least talking about some smart economic solutions like building more houses, so the choice is simple since I only care about left wing economic policy and find most of the offensive things funny. At this point I'm only here for the cat and duck memes.