General Gaming News.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Welp, they finally went and did it. Should be interesting to see the result. I'd expect some Pal designs to change (the Lucario one really stands out as copy and pasted), but I really don't think Pokemon has much of a stand here.

I don't know why the insert media function isn't working anymore... Oh well.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Welp, they finally went and did it. Should be interesting to see the result. I'd expect some Pal designs to change (the Lucario one really stands out as copy and pasted), but I really don't think Pokemon has much of a stand here.

Must've spent the last year gearing up until confident they'll win, guess. Kinda interesting it's over a patent and it's Nintendo suing, and not TPC, but I suppose that's because Nintendo holds that particular patent.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Yep, Sony TOTALLY don't have that many IPs! /s
Does Zero Dawn even really need a remaster? You know, it's just a matter of time before we see a game in development be cancelled so that it can be remastered.

I wonder if Nintendo waiting so long to file will impact the case.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Inb4 that same c-suit comes with bad news in about 18 months time.
Then why buy them in the first place? I already read the article and got the answer. I am glad that they want Tango to do. Creative, a new projects as well. But they better not start with that. Bull crap rushing them to meet some dumb deadline like they did with CP. Enough of that shit. Those suits better not try anything stupid and reckless again.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Then why buy them in the first place? I already read the article and got the answer. I am glad that they want Tango to do. Creative, a new projects as well. But they better not start with that. Bull crap rushing them to meet some dumb deadline like they did with CP. Enough of that shit. Those suits better not try anything stupid and reckless again.
That'll depend on how good the numbers are when the quarterly report is due.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Japan apparently voted league of legends as the worst game of all time. I don't know why the enmity, but I lolled.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So there's been a bunch of DA: Veilguard footage coming out since people got tons of hands on experience with the demo (like 7 hours worth of playtime) and the most head-scratching of changes has apparently transpired. You can no longer actually directly control your party members, you only play as the main char, and can only issue commands to them from the radial menu. No longer can you jump over to them and take complete control of them, experiencing the full effect of playing as every class in a single playthrough.

Yeah, I don't know why they'd do this. Still scratching my head.

Outside of that it looks like more DA though, so if you like DA I doubt you'll be disappointed.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No longer can you jump over to them and take complete control of them, experiencing the full effect of playing as every class in a single playthrough.
Okay, what is with western action games doing this now? Ever since that Guardians of the Galaxy game came out, Not all but a lot of them are doing this whole using characters are party members as timers or minor "move sets"? I'm not a fan of this franchise, but that's just dumb. Unless that single character has a diverse move set and magic system, then why take away what already worked? Even.
If the player character gets a large move said it's still something they shouldn't have taken away in the first place.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Okay, what is with western action games doing this now? Ever since that Guardians of the Galaxy game came out, Not all but a lot of them are doing this whole using characters are party members as timers or minor "move sets"? I'm not a fan of this franchise, but that's just dumb. Unless that single character has a diverse move set and magic system, then why take away what already worked? Even.
If the player character gets a large move said it's still something they shouldn't have taken away in the first place.
In the past they just worked like normal rpg classes, everyone got roughly the same sorts of tools, and since you can choose your class at the start of the game each class was more or less evenly fleshed out. The mage typically was more complex and the warrior simpler but there was general parity, and then during the game your protagonist would get like one unique sort of ability on top of the base class stuff, but 95% of it was the same as a party member of that same class basically. I don't know if Veilguard changed any of this, but in the past you would legit play as the party members just as much if not more than your main char, especially if you were not a mage, since mages required the most micro-management.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So there's been a bunch of DA: Veilguard footage coming out since people got tons of hands on experience with the demo (like 7 hours worth of playtime) and the most head-scratching of changes has apparently transpired. You can no longer actually directly control your party members, you only play as the main char, and can only issue commands to them from the radial menu. No longer can you jump over to them and take complete control of them, experiencing the full effect of playing as every class in a single playthrough.

Yeah, I don't know why they'd do this. Still scratching my head.

Outside of that it looks like more DA though, so if you like DA I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Not surprising, its just a continuation of the route they started with DA:I, where you couldn't customize the AI behaviour.

Its a lot easier to have big cinematic moment the less the player can interfere.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

The alleged crime committed was patent infringement, not copyright infringement.