Australia

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Bow hunting moose, huh? Seems woefully underprepared, as evidenced by the ominous deep brass moan at the 9 second mark that foreshadows the "this is the part where someone dies a terrible death" moment of the movie.

As someone who'd never (and still hasn't) seen a moose in real life and never really thought much about them, it was this bit by Jim Gaffigan that got me sleuthing, and holy shit, they are fucking BIG. I literally thought they were slightly larger than deer, like maybe a horse, but no, 7-feet tall at the shoulders. The largest seen in Alaska was 10-feet at the antlers! That's damned near elephant-sized, and makes no fucking sense.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Bow hunting moose, huh? Seems woefully underprepared, as evidenced by the ominous deep brass moan at the 9 second mark that foreshadows the "this is the part where someone dies a terrible death" moment of the movie.

As someone who'd never (and still hasn't) seen a moose in real life and never really thought much about them, it was this bit by Jim Gaffigan that got me sleuthing, and holy shit, they are fucking BIG. I literally thought they were slightly larger than deer, like maybe a horse, but no, 7-feet tall at the shoulders. The largest seen in Alaska was 10-feet at the antlers! That's damned near elephant-sized, and makes no fucking sense.

I saw a few as a kid. First time was camping on Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of MI but it was about 20 yards or so away and walked off into the woods. The other was on Isle Royale when we were walking on a trail and out come three of them right in front of us. The biggest was in the back, and I literally could’ve reached out with a long stick at poked its ass (no beastiality pun, I swear). I was maybe twelve or thirteen and yeah, if I reached straight up it might’ve equaled the height of its back. They just casually cut in front like they owned the place (which is basically true).

Reactions: Xprimentyl