Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So like most branded fashion?
Sadly, there's a lot of truth to that.

I'd hold to a general principle that exluding the cheapest clothes, the less obvious the logo the better the chance of good quality. After all, if you're not being charged for advertising how amazing you are for wearing their brand, you're probably getting some other form of quality for your money.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Reactions: bluegate

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/28/kyle-rittenhouse-texts-disillusion-ex-spokesperson

A former spokesperson for Kyle Rittenhouse says he became disillusioned with his ex-client after learning that he had sent text messages pledging to “fucking murder” shoplifters outside a pharmacy before later shooting two people to death during racial justice protests in Wisconsin in 2020.

Dave Hancock made that remark about Rittenhouse – for whom he also worked as a security guard – on a Law & Crime documentary that premiered on Friday. The show explored the unsuccessful criminal prosecution of Rittenhouse, who killed Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

As Hancock told it on The Trials of Kyle Rittenhouse, the 90-minute film’s main subject had “a history of things he was doing prior to [the double slaying], specifically patrolling the street for months with guns and borrowing people’s security uniforms, doing whatever he could to try to get into some kind of a fight”.

Hancock nonetheless said he initially believed Rittenhouse’s claims of self-defense when he first relayed his story about fatally shooting Rosenbaum and Huber. Yet that changed when he later became aware of text messages that surfaced as part of a civil lawsuit filed by the family of one of the men slain in Kenosha demanding wrongful death damages from Rittenhouse.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As said, I prefer the UK approach that if you go looking for a fight, it annuls the right to use a deadly weapon in self-defence.
It used to be in some parts of the US that you couldn't use a Bowie knife in self-defence, because if you were out and about with a Bowie knife, you were looking for trouble.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

I guess the tree of tough guy politicians sometimes needs to be watered by the blood of miscarriages of justice.

If a state insists on staying in the dark ages by executing people, it could at least make sure it only does so when it has solid material evidence that was properly handled by police.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Rosanne Barr: I AM NOT CRAZY! I know they eat pets and babies! I would never lie about it! NEVER! I just couldn’t prove it! The democrats covered their tracks, got that idiot Biden to lie for them.

You think this is bad? This chicanery? The Democrats did worse! You think a far right disaster president just happens to lose an election? NO! They orchestrated it! The Democrats! One of them wore a tan suit WHILE president!

They’ll never change! Since 1940! Couldn’t keep their hands off communism! You have to stop them! You have to….

Reactions: bluegate

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I guess the tree of tough guy politicians sometimes needs to be watered by the blood of miscarriages of justice.

If a state insists on staying in the dark ages by executing people, it could at least make sure it only does so when it has solid material evidence that was properly handled by police.
This is what people mean that they are 'tough on crime.' Someone is jailed/executed for a crime. They don't have to be a criminal. Anyone will do.

While Trump has called for a day of violence, Harris has always been a 'tough on crime.' Same as Biden. It's all identity politics

If I remember my UK history correctly, the got rid of the death penalty when a woman was wrongfully executed in the 50s

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Rosanne Barr: I AM NOT CRAZY! I know they eat pets and babies! I would never lie about it! NEVER! I just couldn’t prove it! The democrats covered their tracks, got that idiot Biden to lie for them.

You think this is bad? This chicanery? The Democrats did worse! You think a far right disaster president just happens to lose an election? NO! They orchestrated it! The Democrats! One of them wore a tan suit WHILE president!

They’ll never change! Since 1940! Couldn’t keep their hands off communism! You have to stop them! You have to….
I would point out that Roseanne has changed dramatically since her old show finished. For the worse