Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Metaphor demo is out, and you can trasfer your save over to the main game too. Here's hoping it meets the success it deserves starting now.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Not sure if this thing from the recent State of Play got any attention but I'm super into it:

The Midnight Walk - Reveal Trailer | PS5 & PS VR2 Games (youtube.com)

From the creators of Lost in Random, a game that got mostly positive reviews but little love it seems. It's like Tim Burton creepy claymation fairytale and the gameplay is this wacky thing where you shoot things off of enemies, the things give you dice rolls, the dice rolls give you moves. It's one of those games that at first was so stupid but then I totally got into it- all of it- the gameplay, the look, the art, even the story. I freaking loved LiR and I'm super-hyped about this one that doubles down on the creeps. My only potential concern is that it's also for VR and I dunno if that can compromise any of the gameplay for us regular console players.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
It's TGA 2024, and here are some stuff that caught my interest

PLEEASSSEEE don't fuck this up, Konami!

Both JRPGs look amazing

At least handler this time doesn't look annoying. Still looking for option to turn off Plaico voice. And they are slo addong NPC hunters for SOS signals if no one is available?

Huh, I don't think I've seen this franchise tackle Asian areas before. Adn while the trailer only showcases Japan environment (understandable since this is TGS), I hope we get to see other Asian country's environment as well

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Not that the game or the Uplay launcher were great to begin with, but you know how horrible the sale of the game was if they are willing to list it on Steam and take the earning cut

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again?

Grifters gonna grift, I guess.
Out of curiosity, I've checked out their "plan" document and the FAQ. I'll save everyone's time and brain cells, but the TL;DR is
  • We'll do better this time. We MEan it!!!!!!
  • No really, we'll be so transparent with our development, so much so that you guys will able to see us naked!
  • We are re-branding ourselves in hopes of being washed away of all our sins
  • No more volunteer-based development; This time, actual paid developers (which is probably the only good thing to come out of this whole thing)
  • Our next game is on Kickstarter!
    • (As of this post, they met $9,944/$15,567 of their goals. Who tf would ever give these morons money again?)
  • Even though The Day Before toTALLy wasn't a scam, we do admit over-promising and embelishing how the actual game looked. We are soRRY!!!

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Alright, MGS3 Delta looks good. I'm not so worried about it any more.
Also, hot damn, Suikoden 1 & 2 look snazzy with the touch up paint. Though a few questions remain that I wish they addressed here...
1. Is faster walking speed being added to Suikoden 1? Yeesh it was slow moving sometimes.
2. Are they re-translating Suikoden 1, or at least tidying up the translation so it's not as bad? (It was one of the few things that took me out of the game and brought me to not finishing it)

Super stoked for both

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Again with this? I'm starting to think they are making these statements on purpose, kinda like that one smart kid in class who says "aww I studied hard to get an A+, but I only got A-"

Kinda like their statements regarding NFT plans, I don't take their "disappointments in sales" seriously either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Again with this? I'm starting to think they are making these statements on purpose, kinda like that one smart kid in class who says "aww I studied hard to get an A+, but I only got A-"

Kinda like their statements regarding NFT plans, I don't take their "disappointments in sales" seriously either.
The only reason they keep saying this is because they go overboard on their budgets with all these mainline entries. Its a franchise sin they have been carrying since FF7. Square, there's nothing wrong with cutting back or just relying on smaller games. Remember when they were shocked that Bravely Default sold well back on the 3DS?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Square-Enix's definition of "did not meet expectations" is "did not make every conceivable dollar in every conceivable universe".

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
That is why Chinese and Korean companies will one day overtake Square Enix when people say they like anime games

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Steam's new user agreement got an update, which basically means users can take Steam/Valve to court instead of going through arbitration.

This is probably a good news for many, however a lawfirm called Mason LLP has been going at Steam for mass abitriation since Fall of 2023. They claim Steam has been overcharging the users.

I'm one of the many users that Mason is representing, and a few days ago they did address the steam's new update. They are still going at it, will have mediation in Jan 2025, in hopes to settle. If there isn't one, they are willing to take them to court.

Honestly, I am not in danger of getting my account suspended, nor am I expecting to get much out all this.