General Gaming News.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
More sincerely, I hope this sequel to Ghost can improve the combat and give the open-world a much better sense of life and society. As pretty as the open-world in Tsushima was, it felt rather empty. Maybe making comparisons to The Witcher 3 is unfair, but yeah, give me something on that level when it comes to settlements and villages/cities please, Sucker Punch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ghost of Yotei, huh? I was wondering how this franchise was going to continue setting wise. And a lady in place of a dude in a famous game... I can hear the rumbling of a thousand outrage videos coming up the hill. :sneaky:
Let the bitches cry. Nobody cares about them.

More sincerely, I hope this sequel to Ghost can improve the combat and give the open-world a much better sense of life and society. As pretty as the open-world in Tsushima was, it felt rather empty. Maybe making comparisons to The Witcher 3 is unfair, but yeah, give me something on that level when it comes to settlements and villages/cities please, Sucker Punch.
I disagree somewhat. The oakland world was totally empty, but there was some intentional emptiness. It was more of a call me emptiness that let's you go off and expore. Discover all the hidden secrets, persons, or missions. Some of the best parts are you discovering hidden locations or quest lines on your own. The best parts of this game are just explore the island on your own and doing your own thing. It works.

I don't mind the expanded scope or better open world, but the previous game did a great job for open world. I know it's not SP's first open world game, but the knew exactly what they were doing. I'm glad they actually didn't have a town for every location. It would make sense giving the war setting and all the villages either being destroyed or separated. And you are trying to gain them back. You at least see people interacting at major locations that you have taken back or saved. So the game did more than enough to make the world feel alive as far as i'm concerned in a war setting.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Well, one of the DLCs for Control revealed that Jesse Faden and the Federal Bureau of Control are products of Alan's imagination.
Holy shit, that just hurts my head, because In Alan Wake 2, whenever we are playing as Saga Anderson, she is seen interacting with people from FBC, and I thought Saga was the one who was in the "real world"? Then again, I could never tell if her daughter Logan was alive or dead

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Ghost of Yotei, huh? I was wondering how this franchise was going to continue setting wise. And a lady in place of a dude in a famous game... I can hear the rumbling of a thousand outrage videos coming up the hill. :sneaky:
The duality of these lunatics being outraged.

They complain so much about how "DEI and SBI ruined gaming industry" and how "We want to see an actual strong female lead", yet when it actually happens they start complain about how "WTF, why male protag in the first game but some woman in this game? BADD!!!"

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Holy shit, that just hurts my head, because In Alan Wake 2, whenever we are playing as Saga Anderson, she is seen interacting with people from FBC, and I thought Saga was the one who was in the "real world"? Then again, I could never tell if her daughter Logan was alive or dead
Saga Anderson, her husband, and her daughter definitely real. That's already confirmed. The Darkness was just fucking with her. As for the FBC....I don't know. What is even Alan Wake anymore? Remedy I love you, but you can stop with the Inception deeper holes of reality bullshit.

Will Yotei also have hot springs though? Asking respectfully.
Probably, but with restraint or to treat as non-sexy. Just treat as another day in the life/slice of life style. You get up, get cleaned up, and have to wash yourself down or bathe to relax.

The duality of these lunatics being outraged.

They complain so much about how "DEI and SBI ruined gaming industry" and how "We want to see an actual strong female lead", yet when it actually happens they start complain about how "WTF, why male protag in the first game but some woman in this game? BADD!!!"
These fuckers are so flippant on anything, that they're not even worth paying attention at all. Nor worth an eye roll. Ignore the bitches being bitches. They never cared in the first place, and the fakest of fakes.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Nier x Stellar blade is incredible. Mad hype. And Yotei was definitely welcome if not surprising.

But yeah the Soul Reaver remakes are actually nuts.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
These fuckers are so flippant on anything, that they're not even worth paying attention at all. Nor worth an eye roll. Ignore the bitches being bitches. They never cared in the first place, and the fakest of fakes.
Like, if the game builds itself entirely around DEI stuff and ignore every other aspect, and the devs starts bashing the games for being "bigoted' and not acknowledging how crappy their game turned out to be, like Concord, then I can probably understand the outrage and it deserves the failure and hate.... to some degree.

But if people start bashing on Alan Wake 2 because it stars a black woman.... Holy shit, you need help.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like, if the game builds itself entirely around DEI stuff and ignore every other aspect, and the devs starts bashing the games for being "bigoted' and not acknowledging how crappy their game turned out to be, like Concord, then I can probably understand the outrage and it deserves the failure and hate.... to some degree.
Even then, it still doesn't excuse the racism, sexism, nor does it signify the end of "all things woke". There are over 10,000+ media that gets representation right and are well known. Concord failing doesn't stop them.
But if people start bashing on Alan Wake 2 because it stars a black woman.... Holy shit, you need help.
That's because they're miserable shit heads, and wants everyone to be as miserable as them. If they can't be happy (which every single day for dumb reasons), then nobody can. Like I said before, most of these bitches aren't even actual fans of these franchises or video game fans. They're parasites that wormed their way into nerdom and fandom around 2016-17. They got mad at Space Marine II for going "woke" and clearly knew next to nothing about the franchise. I say this, and I am not even a Warhammer fan. I am glad they ditched the game, because it shows how little they know, and they only revealed how dumb they are and not actual fans.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Oh man Lunar is getting a remake too. That's one series I never got around to playing back in the day but I had it in mind. It's time! :D

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sonic 3 Keanu Reeves Shadow DLC pack coming out after October 25th, but comes 3 days early if you buy the digital deluxe version.

Dynasty Warriors Origins

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So pet peeve, but dammit Sucker Punch that's NOT how horses sleep - they're not dogs or cats, they're bloody horses, they sleep standing up. Gawd!

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So pet peeve, but dammit Sucker Punch that's NOT how horses sleep - they're not dogs or cats, they're bloody horses, they sleep standing up. Gawd!
These are Japanese horses, they sleep in refined, graceful ways.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I was curious and Googled it, apparently they can sleep lying down. And they only do it for a very short amount of time, since they don't need as much deep sleep as we do. Which is kinda wholesome, it implies Jin is letting his horse get some beauty sleep and that the horse trusts Jin to keep a look out while they're asleep.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Sucker Punch wanted do something different and be in a new location. They didn't wanna a Breath of the Wild situation, so no Tsushima Island.
Yotei ?

That is in Hokkaido, famously not part of Japan for all the feudal era except for the southernmost edge. Game takes place in (looking up) 16th century ? Should be all Ainu population then, with not much Japanese around. Where exactly is the mount (looking up google maps )? A roughly at the end of that edge. So probably stories about culture clashes and Japanese expansion.

Still feel a female protagonist would have worked better in the 13th century where women generally had more influence and rights and thus would be less suspicious acting independently in the open.

But maybe the protagonist is Ainu ? She is probably not a "female Samurai" no matter what some people write. Generally i feel a lower class origin would fit better with the whole ninja thing the ghost series does.

If they stick with this direction, my bet for the 3rd "Ghost of " is one of the Ryukyu islands.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I was curious and Googled it, apparently they can sleep lying down. And they only do it for a very short amount of time, since they don't need as much deep sleep as we do. Which is kinda wholesome, it implies Jin is letting his horse get some beauty sleep and that the horse trusts Jin to keep a look out while they're asleep.
Yes, horses do sleep lying down. They can't reach REM sleep while standing up, so need to lie down ~0.5-1h a day to be fully rested. Though they don't usually sleep like shown in the trailer, but like this:
1727258658339.jpeg

What's shown in the trailer looks more like a sitting horse resting its head.
1727257497540.jpeg

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still feel a female protagonist would have worked better in the 13th century where women generally had more influence and rights and thus would be less suspicious acting independently in the open.
We don't know the full story for this character yet, and there's probably a good reason why SP chose this setting. I have no problems with it personally, and I'll wait for more to be revealed.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

But maybe the protagonist is Ainu ? She is probably not a "female Samurai" no matter what some people write. Generally i feel a lower class origin would fit better with the whole ninja thing the ghost series does.
I think it all starts and ends with 'Look, you get be a cool samurai'. There maybe be some references to historic events or even characters, but the samurai fantasy is going to take centre stage. Whether Atsu is going to technically be a samurai doesn't really matter - for all intents and purposes she's going to be a samurai. Don't know how close this game is going to stick to historical accuracy, but if it's anything like the first game, what would've worked better when is kinda pointless to dwell on.

One thing that I didn't notice till a video pointed it out was the significance of the wolf. This was before wolves went extinct in Japan, and whether it accurately reflects how the Hokkaido wolf looked I don't know, but it does look slightly off from the regular wolves still around today. Maybe Sucker Punch just wanted a wolf in the game (trailer) cuz wolves are cool, but it could point to some symbolism related to the main character and the setting itself.