US 2024 Presidential Election

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
In the long term, literally every civilization on the planet has eventually peacefully accepted being conquered.
Are you certain? Because by my knowledge, Ireland and India aren't peacefully parts of the British Empire, Haiti isn't peacefully part of France, East Timor isn't peacefully part of Indonesia, etc.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Are you certain? Because by my knowledge, Ireland and India aren't peacefully parts of the British Empire, Haiti isn't peacefully part of France, East Timor isn't peacefully part of Indonesia, etc.
And they will never, ever be conquered because history has ended?

Everywhere there is peace, there was once war. Someone lost all those wars, and eventually accepted it. That is a pathway to peace, repeatedly pushing the fighters back to their own corners of the ring to catch their breath is a path to more fighting.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Everywhere there is peace, there was once war. Someone lost all those wars, and eventually accepted it. That is a pathway to peace, repeatedly pushing the fighters back to their own corners of the ring to catch their breath is a path to more fighting.
I think one of the key points of civilised nations we've learnt over the last few millennia is not to use the same path to peace as Genghis Khan and Hitler.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I shut it off after the first 30 seconds. Give
me Sega Genesis fart noises any day over that shit
To be fair, the way pop acts are going after politicians playing their music, I guess something safely out of copyright is all they have left.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
He certainly wasn't there to figure out "peace". He was there to deliver a decisive win for the USA's main allies in the Middle East, chiefly Israel and to a lesser extent Saudi Arabia, casualties current or future be damned.
1729014973399.png

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

That does not put "conquest" as a prerequisite for peace. Just "defeat".

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Not everyone who votes for Harris is Pro-Genocide, some of them realize there isn't an Anti-Genocide candidate with a realistic shot at winning so you need to compare notes on other topics.
Yes yes, whatever you have to tell yourself to justify voting for a Pro-Genocide Candidate. Obviously Genocide is not a deal breaker for you so go for it.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A key thing to point out is that the other Arab nations really have not helped the Palestinians that much, and a great deal of the conflict and imperilment of Israel was theirs, not the Palestinians.

They invaded Mandate Palestine in the middle of the Jewish-Palestinian post-independence fracas and took what are now the Palestinian territories for themselves. Every subsequent war was between the Arab nations and Israel, with the Palestinians mostly onlookers as they didn't have a state or army. The last war was in the early 70s, not counting subsequent Israeli attacks on its neighbours and ongoing occupation conflicts.
Yeah, one of the previous videos was on Transjordan just after the War and trying to get a king set up in the area and how that just aggravated everyone

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Unfortunately, in this election, you get to vote for partial genocide or full genocide. Even if you don't vote, it's going to happen on your behalf anyway
Which is why it's the better to vote and do something on the side to prevent anything worse happening, than to not vote at all.