US 2024 Presidential Election

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Unfortunately, in this election, you get to vote for partial genocide or full genocide. Even if you don't vote, it's going to happen on your behalf anyway
We've been warning you #VBNMW people that if you keep just letting Democrats slide to the right because THE OTHER GUY IS WORSE that eventually we'd end up with a Republican with a D next to their name in office. Now that that has happened, you still have the gall to ask us to compromise on fucking GENOCIDE rather than stand up to Harris and The Democrats over their unwillingness to do a single thing about it.

I'll say it again and as long as you dorks keep whining at me that I HAVE to vote Harris cause otherwise Trump might win...

If Genocide isn't a deal breaker for you, feel free to vote for Harris but I will not be doing that. If Genocide can't even be a Red Line for you to not #VBNMW, there is never going to be a Red Line for you.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
If Genocide isn't a deal breaker for you, feel free to vote for Harris
Why do you guys so often have to end up calling everyone who disagrees with you Nazis?

I appreciate that you might feel frustrated and pressured by so many people disagreeing with you, but there are better ways to deal with it. Not least because once you've gone there, those people will tend not to care what you say anymore. I might argue that's part of why the US Green Party, and many progressive groups, struggle to get anywhere.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Why do you guys so often have to end up calling everyone who disagrees with you Nazis?

I appreciate that you might feel frustrated and pressured by so many people disagreeing with you, but there are better ways to deal with it. Not least because once you've gone there, those people will tend not to care what you say anymore. I might argue that's part of why the US Green Party, and many progressive groups, struggle to get anywhere.
I have not called a single person in here a Nazi

I'm just using your own tagline right back at you

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
And they will never, ever be conquered because history has ended?

Everywhere there is peace, there was once war. Someone lost all those wars, and eventually accepted it. That is a pathway to peace, repeatedly pushing the fighters back to their own corners of the ring to catch their breath is a path to more fighting.
I wouldn't say everywhere 'accepted it'. Many just didn't think violence was the answer

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
And they will never, ever be conquered because history has ended?

Everywhere there is peace, there was once war. Someone lost all those wars, and eventually accepted it. That is a pathway to peace, repeatedly pushing the fighters back to their own corners of the ring to catch their breath is a path to more fighting.
But we can't really have that either. Because Israel does not want to properly integrate the conquered population and give them citizenship.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So word on the street is that today the polls suddenly shot up in Trump's favor. Is there any news on how reliable that is, or why that would be?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So word on the street is that today the polls suddenly shot up in Trump's favor. Is there any news on how reliable that is, or why that would be?
I wouldn't bet on it yet. So far, nothing concrete coming from anyone on that, so I am ignoring it for now.

A reminder everyone, I already voted.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No idea, maybe liberals have stopped answering polls due to fear of outing themselves to be targets in a future Trump admin.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
We've been warning you #VBNMW people that if you keep just letting Democrats slide to the right because THE OTHER GUY IS WORSE that eventually we'd end up with a Republican with a D next to their name in office.
People (on the whole) didn't "let" the Democrats go hard right, they didn't see a good option to preventing them. Yet, it's a terrible situation, but there's many Dem voters who can't really be blamed for that. Bunch of them who are fine with the far-right slide, of course, but I don't know the proportion.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I think one of the key points of civilised nations we've learnt over the last few millennia is not to use the same path to peace as Genghis Khan and Hitler.
You say that like the lesson is to avoid unnecessary war, which we'd all agree with, but the takeaway they're going with in Palestine is "never concede, no matter how much bloodshed". If the wars of the 20th Century took place longer ago than that, there'd be no independent Gaza or West Bank, they'd have been annexed territories into Israel, and a whole lot of extra killing might have been avoided.
But we can't really have that either. Because Israel does not want to properly integrate the conquered population and give them citizenship.
I think many of those people still trying to have Israel removed from existence might have something to do with that.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
You say that like the lesson is to avoid unnecessary war, which we'd all agree with, but the takeaway they're going with in Palestine is "never concede, no matter how much bloodshed". If the wars of the 20th Century took place longer ago than that, there'd be no independent Gaza or West Bank, they'd have been annexed territories into Israel, and a whole lot of extra killing might have been avoided.
Yes, and they would have made them proper citizens. All of the other border redrawing led to a proper annexation. No other country wanted to have a huge, eternally unhappy minority. They would have pushed assimilation and integration.

As for the "never concede " thing : look at all the independency movements that died down (Basque, Soth Tirol, Northern Ireland...) They rethoric during the hight of conflict was no less severe. But they all lost public support after concessions. Because the public won't follow extremists into bloodshed if the alternatives look better.

I think many of those people still trying to have Israel removed from existence might have something to do with that.
Not really. You brought the argument that other peoples eventually accepted conquest and moved on. But that generelly only happened after they became proper citizens of whatever and their daily life had become good enough that starting a rebellion/independence movement seemed to much a risk for too little gain.

So citizenship first, acceptance and identification as part of Israel later. That is the only way conquest might result in peace.

But instead we have never ending suppression, living standards lower than everywhere else in the vicinity, eternal legal limbo making it impossible to plan and move forward.

There are only two ways to end the conflict :

- The one state solution with full citizenship and full participation for all Palestinians
- The two state solutions with Palestine statehood.

As Israel torpedoes both and has done so for decades, i do primarily fault Israel for the ongoing conflict. Not the Palestinians. Hamas would just end when there is nothing really worth fighting for anymore.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
As for the "never concede " thing : look at all the independency movements that died down (Basque, Soth Tirol, Northern Ireland...) They rethoric during the hight of conflict was no less severe. But they all lost public support after concessions. Because the public won't follow extremists into bloodshed if the alternatives look better.

Not really. You brought the argument that other peoples eventually accepted conquest and moved on. But that generelly only happened after they became proper citizens of whatever and their daily life had become good enough that starting a rebellion/independence movement seemed to much a risk for too little gain.
There is another difference in this conflict though: most of the people in this thread. There are millions of people on the planet constantly and vocally supporting the idea of a "free Palestine", and they're all making a mistake. A people bombarded by a non-stop chorus of "reject reality, hold out for your dreams", some of which comes directly from the UN, is a lot less likely to ever go with "Israel's government is not that bad, just let 'em do their thing". Like, Israel helped build the hospitals being destroyed, Israel has been supporting Gaza for years, but the sentiment against them remains as strong as ever, and I can't help but see blame in all the western idiots convinced that Israel building houses on the wrong side of the imaginary line is the equivalent of gas chambers.

People in privileged countries are rarely shy of pushing other nation's into perpetual war rather than accept a result they weren't rooting for. Sometimes, it's better to just lose and be Vietnam than it is to be Korea forever.