US 2024 Presidential Election

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Jill Stein is a Grifter.
I gave up 15 minutes in because her argument is the same tired argument y'all keep making

"A vote for Jill Stein is a vote for Trump!!!"

If Jill Stein was not on the ballot and my choice was Harris or Trump, I just plain wouldn't vote. It is up to Harris or Trump to convince ME to vote for THEM and if they fail to do that, that is on them. Hell, her own argument I'm gonna flip right to her; I am well aware Jill Stein can't win the presidential election, which is why I'm not all that worried about her shortcomings and problems. She can't win so voting for her is purely to show Democrats and Republicans that their policies have failed to convince me to vote for them and I don't need to worry about Stein's issues.

Harris still has threeish weeks to show me why I should vote for her but based on what she's been saying this entire time, I do not expect that to happen.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I gave up 15 minutes in because her argument is the same tired argument y'all keep making

"A vote for Jill Stein is a vote for Trump!!!"

If Jill Stein was not on the ballot and my choice was Harris or Trump, I just plain wouldn't vote. It is up to Harris or Trump to convince ME to vote for THEM and if they fail to do that, that is on them. Hell, her own argument I'm gonna flip right to her; I am well aware Jill Stein can't win the presidential election, which is why I'm not all that worried about her shortcomings and problems. She can't win so voting for her is purely to show Democrats and Republicans that their policies have failed to convince me to vote for them and I don't need to worry about Stein's issues.

Harris still has threeish weeks to show me why I should vote for her but based on what she's been saying this entire time, I do not expect that to happen.
You just aren't in favor of gay marriage or trans rights or health care or federal oversight. Its ok, you can be as much of a "centrist" as you like.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
You just aren't in favor of gay marriage or trans rights or health care or federal oversight. Its ok, you can be as much of a "centrist" as you like.
I must have missed it in her policies where Jill Stein is not in favor of gay marriage, trans rights, health care (and REAL fucking rich from a Harris supporter when she has all but abandoned any health care reform), or federal oversight

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Disgusting when these things do working class cosplay. Still, probably closest Trump has come to actual work, or being human.
They actually closed the McDonalds for Trump's little cosplay. He didn't actually serve anyone.

1729463193029.png

Everyone he served in the drive through was staged.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
They actually closed the McDonalds for Trump's little cosplay. He didn't actually serve anyone.

View attachment 12069

Everyone he served in the drive through was staged.
Probably worried about someone trying to get a McFlurry with a ballistic discount.

Also, it's weird that the letterhead says "DG Empire".

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I must have missed it in her policies where Jill Stein is not in favor of gay marriage, trans rights, health care (and REAL fucking rich from a Harris supporter when she has all but abandoned any health care reform), or federal oversight
From Harris's website
  • Extend the $35 cap on insulin and $2,000 cap on out-of-pocket costs to all Americans, not just seniors. This action would bring significant relief for middle-class Americans who struggle with their prescription costs every day.
  • Accelerate the speed of Medicare prescription drug negotiations. This will build on the Biden-Harris Administration’s work to allow Medicare to negotiate the price of prescription drugs and cut the cost of some of the most expensive and most commonly used drugs by approximately 40 percent to 80 percent starting in 2026.55 Vice President Harris will allow Medicare to accelerate the speed of negotiations so the prices of more drugs come down faster.
  • Increase competition and demand transparency in the health care industry. Vice President Harris will crack down on pharmaceutical companies that block competition and abusive practices by pharmaceutical middlemen who squeeze small pharmacies’ profits and raise costs for consumers.
And thats just the easily bulleted list for prescription stuff.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
From Harris's website
  • Extend the $35 cap on insulin and $2,000 cap on out-of-pocket costs to all Americans, not just seniors. This action would bring significant relief for middle-class Americans who struggle with their prescription costs every day.
  • Accelerate the speed of Medicare prescription drug negotiations. This will build on the Biden-Harris Administration’s work to allow Medicare to negotiate the price of prescription drugs and cut the cost of some of the most expensive and most commonly used drugs by approximately 40 percent to 80 percent starting in 2026.55 Vice President Harris will allow Medicare to accelerate the speed of negotiations so the prices of more drugs come down faster.
  • Increase competition and demand transparency in the health care industry. Vice President Harris will crack down on pharmaceutical companies that block competition and abusive practices by pharmaceutical middlemen who squeeze small pharmacies’ profits and raise costs for consumers.
And thats just the easily bulleted list for prescription stuff.
Awesome, just ways to keep propping up our shithole countries health care system so that Libs can go "See!?!? We don't need to fight for M4A or something of that nature, Harris has already taken care of it!"

Remember when Harris used to say she was for M4A? You know, back when she didn't have the power to actually make it happen? Seems to be a very common Democrat play to promise the world when you don't have power and then never talk about it again once you actually have the power to try to make any of it happen...

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Awesome, just ways to keep propping up our shithole countries health care system so that Libs can go "See!?!? We don't need to fight for M4A or something of that nature, Harris has already taken care of it!"

Remember when Harris used to say she was for M4A? You know, back when she didn't have the power to actually make it happen? Seems to be a very common Democrat play to promise the world when you don't have power and then never talk about it again once you actually have the power to try to make any of it happen...
And what does Jill want to do, compared to what she would be able to?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Yeah, I figured that, I'm just wondering at the kind of person who labels their franchise chain an "empire".
The kind of person who lets Donald Trump do a photo-op in their business. I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone with "alpha-male" in his twitter bio.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, so to be clear, you'd prefer (for example) that the cap on insulin costs wasn't extended to all Americans? Or you consider the benefit insubstantial?

Over 8 million Americans require insulin to survive (a little under a third of those with some form of diabetes). That change alone could be lifesaving for tens of thousands, and relieve substantial financial pressure on millions of poorer disabled people.

I'd like you to honestly tell me you see no meaningful difference between capping and not capping the cost of insulin. To be consistent with the dismissiveness and implication the policy isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Sigh.

He'd prefer a system wide reform to support everyone, rather than making case by case adjustments for medications one at a time during voting cycles.

He dismisses that a change like this, helps to prolong the existing problematic system by relieving public pressure against it.

You can dismiss this as inadequate change on the larger problem, independently of the impact on those who will benefit from it.

This is why no one likes talking to you lot about politics.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Sigh.

He'd prefer a system wide reform to support everyone, rather than making case by case adjustments for medications one at a time during voting cycles.

He dismisses that a change like this, helps to prolong the existing problematic system by relieving public pressure against it.

You can dismiss this as inadequate change on the larger problem, independently of the impact on those who will benefit from it.

This.

Y'all keep settling for crumbs when you should be demanding a meal...

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Sigh.

I think that gets to the root of the problem though:

1. Systematic reform is a great thing to want and advocate for, but how realistic is it to actually happen with this election? Does voting for Stein actually enable that reform in some concrete way or is it just a way to feel better about not actually getting what one wants? Even if she overcame the literal 0% chance to win, what reform policy would she actually be able to implement during 4 years as president within the US political system considering the green party has 0 members in either chamber of congress and a conservative-stacked supreme court?

2. Practically, how many people will be sacrificed to accelerate towards the hypothetical tipping point where this desired version of systematic reform is implemented? Again, there's a lot of assumptions baked in to the idea that a tipping point even exists, that, if it does, we're anywhere near it, and that, if it were reached, the outcome would even look like what one is advocating for (vs something worse).

Last edited: