ValiDate, a Dating Sim

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I think having a bio that says literally "F**k white people" is pretty clearly an SJW game. Considering hating 83.6% of the WORLD's population is like the popular thing to do these days.
Is the 83.6% of the population supposed to be non-white or what is it supposed to be?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
This is what Lucia would look like in 5 based on fan art.

I'm upset now that this isn't real.

Same. That is all I wanted.

Oooohhhhh...where are my manners (Southern Gentleman drawl)?! I forgot to add Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Skullgirls, and Viruta Fighter on the list as well. Though as much as I am a VF fan, the main problem with that particular series is that almost all of the fighters don't have much personality aside from Jacky, Jeff Wilde, and that one girl who does the Monkey Kung Fu style.

EDIT: Street Fighter has a MTF transsexual, Poison. She's post-op in the West, while tucking her "business" in to look more female in Japan (which is her true original backstory) any way. Though the way she is modeled now, Posion might as well be post-op for both sides of the world.
I thought Poison was actually intersex in Japan?

Actually, while on the topic of intersex, there's also Kaine from Nier who's a good example of how important mannerisms and body language are for being sexy because when I played the game, despite her outfit, she never came off as eye candy to me.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hence why I said: "Which can show how shallow and hypocritical the anti-sjw (and sjw side are just as shallow too, as both are two sides of the same coin) can be." I was just pointing it out. A character can still be sexy and have in empowerment. Just look at Bayonetta.
Oh yeah, I totally agree.

In this case, it's to lead our youth to racism.
Ugh dude, its a singular character with that on their bio. Oddly enough given their job as urban planner, they might know more about that then most since its in the urban planning department where a lot of racist policies kinda happened, such as red lining. Oddly enough your take on it kinda makes me want to see how they wrote them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I thought Poison was actually intersex in Japan?
Nope. Look at the video. It goes to her original design documents in the arcade version and the manual for the Super Famicom version describe her as "new half" or futa. Check the video at 1:50-2:40.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I think he meant in America because that's close to what it is here.
Yep but in Uruguay it's 92.5% of their population.

11.9% of the entire world though.
Chinese people make up the biggest overall population % in the world which would explain why every corporation breaks their back to make sure they can sell shit in China. More people, more money! Fuck civil liberties and freedoms....MONEY!

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Ugh dude, its a singular character with that on their bio. Oddly enough given their job as urban planner, they might know more about that then most since its in the urban planning department where a lot of racist policies kinda happened, such as red lining. Oddly enough your take on it kinda makes me want to see how they wrote them.
Yeah, you're right, it's just one character. Okay then, so let's have a Nazi character in the game with something anti-semitic their bio. It's just one character right? No big deal. Let's also have them work in for a TV station, or a bank, so that they would be in a better position than most to know that "the Jews control everything". I'm sure it's fine to just sneak this in there.

No.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yep but in Uruguay it's 92.5% of their population.

11.9% of the entire world though.
Chinese people make up the biggest overall population % in the world which would explain why every corporation breaks their back to make sure they can sell shit in China. More people, more money! Fuck civil liberties and freedoms....MONEY!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
??? Anti-SJW's don't hate female empowerment and it doesn't require sexiness to like it either.
I would point to the people who complained that Abby in The Last of Us 2 was visibly buff for a woman, even though women with that physique actually exist in real life and it would make sense for a woman in that situation to need to be physically strong. But that's a problem to people who want women in games to be helpless and weak eye-candy, so that they can be won like prizes.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, you're right, it's just one character. Okay then, so let's have a Nazi character in the game with something anti-semitic their bio. It's just one character right? No big deal. Let's also have them work in for a TV station, or a bank, so that they would be in a better position than most to know that "the Jews control everything". I'm sure it's fine to just sneak this in there.

No.
You could sure as hell make an interesting nazi character in a game, it really depends on how well the writing is and the scenario.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I would point to the people who complained that Abby in The Last of Us 2 was visibly buff for a woman, even though women with that physique actually exist in real life and it would make sense for a woman in that situation to need to be physically strong. But that's a problem to people who want women in games to be helpless and weak eye-candy, so that they can be won like prizes.
You know very well what is meant when people say strong women and it's not about being buff.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I don't think i can tell sincerity from parody anymore. This may be a honest dating sim, as well as another channer troll op.

Would be funnier if the "i hate whites" person was white, BTW.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I don't think i can tell sincerity from parody anymore. This may be a honest dating sim, as well as another channer troll op.

Would be funnier if the "i hate crackers" person was white, BTW.
A dating sim where you date the Drexel from True Romance, there’s a novelty.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Whether a product is pandering or not, nothing that is clearly aimed towards the "SJW's" ever succeeds. The only game or movie that has been remotely successful that fits kinda into the label of "SJW"-game is Life is Strange. Beyond that i can't think of a single financial piece of media that was successful trying this approach.
Based on the text, I get the distinct impression that it's not geared towards "SJWs" so much as "anti-SJWs" (neverminding that the latter often tend to qualify as the former, those are the 'recognizable' battlelines). "Still riding the high of winning the 6th Grade Spelling Bee" is a pretty obvious dig at the "everyone's a winner" windmill that the latter like to charge at. Ahiri (first in the third row) is presented as an aromantic (but really just bitter and cynical over lack of romantic success) marriage counselor who believes marriage is a sham. Isabelle (one row lower) is presented as a hipster theater teacher who stopped liking Hamilton when it became popular and is openly contemptuous of people singing tunes (The THEATER teacher hates that), and then "Oh god, fuck white people?" If they pass a stretch goal "we'll add a white person to the game :( "? The...shall we say "rappa from the bronx" feel to the bio-blurbs? To me that feels more like an "anti-SJW" caricature of how SJWs totally are than anything else.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Huh. And here I thought it was pretty funny.

Though I'm not a fan of VNs that don't have a defined protagonist. If I had a personality to project onto some pants/a skirt, I wouldn't be playing VNs

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
On the home page of this thing's official website is a button called "memes" that leads to this twitter feed. :rolleyes:

The whole thing comes off as some rather bargain bin trolling that thinks itself very clever and subtle, or alternatively, perhaps trying to be artsy by wearing the trappings of bargain bin trolling, which is even more up its own ass.