1599828420022.png

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Is there context for 8 I'm missing or is this just meant to be intentionally random?
Well, water is one of the elements available in the game, but as that's not particularly unique to FF8, my musical instinct tells me that the cadence of reading that sign reminded someone with too much time on their hands of FF8's battle music.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Went to a mall today to replace my long-cracked screen protector, and I got hit on by the girl at the cell phone kiosk; that made me smile. She was probably just over half my age (20-something-ish) and damned cute. She was flirting hardcore, but I assured her that I had a girlfriend, and she pouted. I had to give her my phone number because my screen protector's warranty is under it, and as I was walking back to my car, I got a text from her! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! (Ol' boy's still got it!)

Aside, I've never seen a mall that dead; it was incredible! I've not been to a mall since the shutdown in March; every store was empty, the employees all standing out in front of their stores on their phones with nothing to do. It was eerie; I felt like a lone wanderer in a post-apocalyptic world passing through a shanty town catching the tired and vacant gazes of the locals. Only things missing were a 50-gallon drum serving as a fire pit and a hub cap wind chime.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Is there context for 8 I'm missing or is this just meant to be intentionally random?
Xprimentyl got it right. It's the way that sign is sung to the rhythm of FF8's battle theme. It's really stupid, but it's the right kind of really stupid, the kind that makes you laugh even tho you wish you hadn't.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Shocking as it might sound, my job. My coworkers are good, my bosses are reasonable, and I've managed to be productive. Also, while I've charted out a somewhat lean set of years ahead (I'm saving every penny I can in an investment account), by about 2023-2024 I should be living quite a bit more comfortably. It's kept me rooted and I've won all the motions I've filed.

Granted, all of them were motions to dismiss where the other party doesn't respond, but still: winning is great.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Shocking as it might sound, my job. My coworkers are good, my bosses are reasonable, and I've managed to be productive. Also, while I've charted out a somewhat lean set of years ahead (I'm saving every penny I can in an investment account), by about 2023-2024 I should be living quite a bit more comfortably. It's kept me rooted and I've won all the motions I've filed.

Granted, all of them were motions to dismiss where the other party doesn't respond, but still: winning is great.
Congrats:) When I saw you post on this thread I thought.. Oh no. He didn't REALLY go and post musicals over there now that he is thinking about them... /s
XD

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Glad to hear it. Really shouldn't be surprising though. The single activity we spend most of our waking life doing should make us happy. The fact that most of us just see it as something to get through is pretty darn depressing. So yeah, genuinely happy for you that it's working out.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
My sisters make me smile. Today I received a package from my eldest sister for no reason. The best presents are the ones they send you just because they thought of you and don't actually have to have a reason for and this was one of those, so was an awesome surprise. I mentioned before I collect Glass Dragons, but the reason I collect them is My eldest sister keeps sending them to me when she finds cool ones. Today I received 2 glass dragons like these:

She also sent me a pair of tiny glass dragon earrings that she had picked up in a gift shop in a museum in London just as the Pandemic started but had forgot she had them due to the chaos of trying to make it back to the states with that happening and said she just found them in her sock drawer because she apparently just threw the tiny box in there with the socks when she unpacked not thinking about it until now. I can't seem to find a picture of them online so will have to wait to post one until I take one. I haven't worn earrings in years though so I will have to figure out how to use them for something different. Like maybe decorate a candle or decorate napkin holders with them. My sisters are the best! They always are so thoughtful and sweet, and know just what to do to cheer me up when I m down.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Congrats:) When I saw you post on this thread I thought.. Oh no. He didn't REALLY go and post musicals over there now that he is thinking about them... /s
XD
Well, now that you mention it: musicals do make me smile.

Also you have lovely glass dragons. I personally collect flags and have about 30 of them currently.

Reactions: lil devils x