Police shoot (another) unarmed black man in the back 7 times

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What would it take to get people who aren't POS to take the job? I for one, would like to know the guy coming to my home to arrest the guy trying to break in and murder me isn't just as bad as the guy trying to murder me. We have to address who will take the job, our screening of employees, and by listening to what good cops have told us as the reason they left, we can change the job to attract the type of people who genuinely want to help make their community a better place and have an investment in it than people getting off copping a feel on a dead woman or using their job to get their adrenaline high for the day. Currently there is no reason for anyone better to take the job because of how bad the job sucks. We have to change that for this to work otherwise it will only get worse.
Most cops already make excellent money and have incredible pensions. They’re one of the few careers with near universal and powerful unions. If I lacked a soul and took pleasure in viewing sadistically wielding power over others I would immediately take the job.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
You're not the one with the better understanding, you just understand if your way.

Also how the fuck does it take them seven minutes to move him? What were these dipshits doing?
They took seven minutes trying to TALK to him to get him out of the car before resorting to force, as I SAID.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I didn't think most of the forum here wanted to get rid of police.. just a few people who need to be brought back to reality. Maybe living under Zeta rule for a little while will make them rethink their plan..
I'm sure you're right that it isn't most, but hey...you know...communists.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS! People are individuals, you are painting every single person in an officers uniform as being some kind of hive mind of people that are all the same. Are these the same police officers that abused your city?! How do you know ANYTHING about what kinds of people they are? What happened to you saying killing is wrong?!
So are the people they’ve hurt. Their deaths may be absolutely unjustified, but it doesn’t change my absolute commitment to the idea that police abolition is a necessity.
Edit- let me make it clear, I will take any method of abolition that doesn’t involve killing cops long before I will take any that does, and I think we’ve still got plenty of options. If I wanted people to start killing cops, I would just say that, as I’m extremely opposed to ideological cowardice.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS! People are individuals, you are painting every single person in an officers uniform as being some kind of hive mind of people that are all the same. Are these the same police officers that abused your city?! How do you know ANYTHING about what kinds of people they are? What happened to you saying killing is wrong?!
ACAB

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Most cops already make excellent money and have incredible pensions. They’re one of the few careers with near universal and powerful unions. If I lacked a soul and took pleasure in viewing sadistically wielding power over others I would immediately take the job.
Most cops? No, MOST cops cannot even afford a one bedroom apartment in a crappy neighborhood on their pay. Their pay sucks, the job sucks, the people they work with suck so why would anyone decent want the job at all? THAT is what has to be addressed. Cops that left to take care of their families have been telling us this for years. That is why we had the guy I grew up with who " wanted to make his community a better place" quit being a cop, went back to school and is now on the school board instead. The rest of the guys I knew growing up that are cops were POS who should have never been a cop. The way it is now will not attract and keep the people we want to have the job. We have to change that or it only gets worse.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Most cops? No, MOST cops cannot even afford a one bedroom apartment in a crappy neighborhood on their pay. Their pay sucks, the job sucks, the people they work with suck so why would anyone decent want the job at all? THAT is what has to be addressed. Cops that left to take care of their families have been telling us this for years. That is why we had the guy I grew up with who " wanted to make his community a better place" quit being a cop, went back to school and is now on the school board instead. The rest of the guys I knew growing up that are cops were POS who should have never been a cop.
Before overtime (which cops abuse to no end), at entry level, with less education requirements than virtually any comparable career, a cop is nearly making sixty grand. I went to school for six fucking years and I’m making 40. The dream job I was aiming for made the same salary as an entry level LA officer, the worst kind of officer in the country.
Paying. Cops. More. Does. Nothing.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

Even in a wealthy area like this, None of these officers could afford to live here. They cannot even afford to live in the area they are policing. You make more working as a cashier at a gas station.

Law Enforcement Officer
21 openings
Average salary
Rockwall, TX
$35,098per yea

Deputy Sheriff
1 openings
Average salary
Rockwall, TX
$41,157per year

Correctional Officer
61 openings
Average salary
Rockwall, TX
$37,359per year

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Before overtime (which cops abuse to no end), at entry level, with less education requirements than virtually any comparable career, a cop is nearly making sixty grand. I went to school for six fucking years and I’m making 40. The dream job I was aiming for made the same salary as an entry level LA officer, the worst kind of officer in the country.
Paying. Cops. More. Does. Nothing.
You can't live anywhere around here on that. LOL
Look at the cost of living where they live. It is about how much it costs to live in their area.

SO they can live in the ghetto? What a life for their kids! You are proving my point for me.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You can't live anywhere around here on that. LOL
Look at the cost of living where they live.
THE JOB I WANTED WAS IN LA COUNTY. I WOULD HAVE BEEN A ROCKET ENGINEER REQUIRING ABSURD GRADES AND TECHNICAL SKILLS TO MAKE THE SAME MONEY AS AN LAPD OFFICER WHO HAD COMPLETED TRAINING AND HAD AN AA AFTER OVERTIME.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
THE JOB I WANTED WAS IN LA COUNTY. I WOULD HAVE BEEN A ROCKET ENGINEER REQUIRING ABSURD GRADES AND TECHNICAL SKILLS TO MAKE THE SAME MONEY AS AN LAPD OFFICER WHO HAD COMPLETED TRAINING AND HAD AN AA AFTER OVERTIME.
How would you support a family on that? I don't know anyone here that can, maybe that explains the homeless problem in LA? You cannot even afford to buy a house. Taking a job that underpays you doesn't mean we should underpay cops if we want to improve the quality of people we attract to become a cop. You wouldn't even do that either from your own words.

Oh and looks like you were getting ripped off:
Using then not being willing to pay a living wage as an excuse to not pay others a living wage isn't helping. YOU BOTH should be paid more.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
How would you support a family on that? I don't know anyone here that can, maybe that explains the homeless problem in LA? You cannot even afford to buy a house.
I dunno, ask LITERALLY ANYONE WHO WORKS ENTRY LEVEL FOR GODDAMN SPACEX.
Edit- Seriously, an engineer for SpaceX will start at 80 grand with zero overtime pay and generally garbage benefits after having completed an internship and gotten an excellent four year degree. An LAPD officer gets seventy grand with overtime and benefits after training and an AA.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So are the people they’ve hurt. Their deaths may be absolutely unjustified, but it doesn’t change my absolute commitment to the idea that police abolition is a necessity.
Edit- let me make it clear, I will take any method of abolition that doesn’t involve killing cops long before I will take any that does, and I think we’ve still got plenty of options. If I wanted people to start killing cops, I would just say that, as I’m extremely opposed to ideological cowardice.
You just seem to see a badge and determine all Cops are fair game.

All you do by removing cops is bring in even less regulated private security groups

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I dunno, ask LITERALLY ANYONE WHO WORKS ENTRY LEVEL FOR GODDAMN SPACEX.
Yea.. I wouldn't want to work for Space X.. LOL

If people cannot afford to buy a home, support their families, you are not going to get quality people for the job or keep them long term. Anyone who has a family has to take into account that they may have to support the family on one income while the Mom is having the baby, recovering or having medical complications that would prevent them from going back to work at all, otherwise they lose their house after having the kids. This is exactly the reason so many families wind up losing their homes is things they didn't expect to happen during pregnancy, after the mom gives birth puts them at only one income for an extended period of time or even forever if the mom has severe complications that debilitate her. It happens more than people realize. If we want to keep good cops we have to make it worth it for them to take the job. You like the perks of your job right? What perks are those? What perks do cops get other than attract adrenaline junkies or creeps like this freak who copped a feel on dead woman?

Not all jobs pay according to their education. For example, a pediatrician earns less than many other medical fields, yet we have more education requirements. After getting your Bachelors degree, you go through full allopathic medical school and obtain your MD, that other fields that are paid more require, then you have to do Pediatric Residency, while other fields can pay more with less education. They consider the "perk" of working with kids instead of stinky adults " the perk". It has everything to do with supply and demand. We would never get people who WANT to work on people's assholes if they didn't give them an incentive to.

Last edited:

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
If you had been interested in rocketry and hadn’t gotten lucky enough to get a fucking NASA internship it’s the best you got.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
How would you support a family on that? I don't know anyone here that can, maybe that explains the homeless problem in LA? You cannot even afford to buy a house. Taking a job that underpays you doesn't mean we should underpay cops if we want to improve the quality of people we attract to become a cop. You wouldn't even do that either from your own words.

Oh and looks like you were getting ripped off:
Using then not being willing to pay a living wage as an excuse to not pay others a living wage isn't helping. YOU BOTH should be paid more.
This link says entry is like 70 grand, which is what LAPD make after training.
Edit - seriously. Can’t see more than this due to Glassdoor demanding another account update it won’t accept.5F865204-C473-4B6A-9AC3-FB1952FD2ECC.jpeg

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

If people cannot afford to buy a home, support their families, you are not going to get quality people for the job or keep them long term. Anyone who has a family has to take into account that they may have to support the family on one income while the Mom is having the baby, recovering or having medical complications that would prevent them from going back to work at all, otherwise they lose their house after having the kids. This is exactly the reason so many families wind up losing their homes is things they didn't expect to happen during pregnancy, after the mom gives birth puts them at only one income for an extended period of time or even forever if the mom has severe complications that debilitate her. It happens more than people realize. If we want to keep good cops we have to make it worth it for them to take the job. You like the perks of your job right? What perks are those? What perks do cops get other than attract adrenaline junkies or creeps like this freak who copped a feel on dead woman?

Not all jobs pay according to their education. For example, a pediatrician earns less than many other medical fields, yet we have more education requirements. After getting your Bachelors degree, you go through full allopathic medical school and obtain your MD, that other fields that are paid more require, then you have to do Pediatric Residency, while other fields can pay more with less education. They consider the "perk" of working with kids instead of stinky adults " the perk". It has everything to do with supply and demand. We would never get people who WANT to work on people's assholes if they didn't give them an incentive to.
Devils, nobody can own a home these days. I do not expect to achieve the American dream. But, frankly speaking, most cops basically can. Your argument is absurdly faulty.
Edit- seriously, they’re making over median household income for LA County (which they probably commute into) at entry level on a single salary after training without overtime and benefits which we all know cops abuse the shit out of.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
What would it take to get people who aren't POS to take the job?
A few lines from a Raymond Chandler detective novel written in the 30's, iirc, that's stuck with me:

"Police business is a hell of a problem. It's a good deal like politics. It asks for the highest type of men, and there's nothing in it to attract the highest type of men."

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
This link says entry is like 70 grand, which is what LAPD make after training.
Edit - seriously. Can’t see more than this due to Glassdoor demanding another account update it won’t accept.
How much does it take to afford to live in LA?

"Want to buy a house? You’ll need to make at least $127,200 to own one in Los Angeles County, according to a new report from the California Association of Realtors.

That’s the salary needed to qualify for a mortgage for a single-family home at the county’s median price point of $649,570. The monthly payment, assuming a 20 percent down payment and an interest rate of 3.85 percent, would be $3,180, excluding taxes and insurance, according to the association."

median rent for a two-bedroom in Los Angeles is $2,480 per month, and will require $99,200 ($2,480 x 40) to secure. That’s about 168% of the LA median household income

So your saying they cannot even afford to live in LA, unless they are in the ghetto? You are proving my point. You not being paid enough to live there doesn't change the problem with pay. It just shows they are screwing you too.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Devils, nobody can own a home these days. I do not expect to achieve the American dream. But, frankly speaking, most cops basically can. Your argument is absurdly faulty.
Edit- seriously, they’re making over median household income for LA County (which they probably commute into) at entry level on a single salary after training without overtime and benefits which we all know cops abuse the shit out of.
People are owning lots of homes around here. They can't seem to build enough of them and the area is still under a housing boom. I just posted above, the cops can only afford to live in the ghetto, so you are only going to attract employees that want to live in the ghetto for the job.

The problem is our cops can't do any of that, so why would anyone want the job? You not being able to do that as well only says that is not the ONLY area there is a problem, it is just saying we need to pay everyone to be able to keep up with the cost of living for the region the job is in.