Shower Thoughts MK2

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
You don't just automatically say" aww come here you little pretty kitty" when you see a kitten? I just can't imagine not living life like that.
Frankly I don't see too many cats in the wild where I live, so they aren't the most common. Usually it's at someone's house. I try and NOT squee and lunge at them, because I know that my ultimate goal of getting said kitty in my lap for pettins, will be defeated if I do. So I play the chill, relaxed hooman card, usually works. In about half an hour, I has a new fluffy lap warmer, purring away as I pet it.

But doggos, yeah if they are walking past on a leash, I invariably say, in puppy dog voice. "heyloo puuppy!!" and debate whether the hooman will allow me to squat and ruffle their pooch.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
why would you name a prestigous magic school as hog warts? warts on a hog is not what I would think of a secret magic school.
According to Rowling, she reckons she took the name - accidentally - from hogwort, which is a kind of plant. Which hilariously contains a powerful laxative. Appropriate for a school that seems to do nothing but give its characters the shits.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
According to Rowling, she reckons she took the name - accidentally - from hogwort, which is a kind of plant. Which hilariously contains a powerful laxative. Appropriate for a school that seems to do nothing but give its characters the shits.
its such a dangerous place to send your kid there. too many conspiracies, sleeper agents, and wild animals.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Only the first harry potter movie worked as a good escapist child fantasy where an abused kid is selected to go to a secret magical school. Every sequel after that slowly became more and more dark, and made me question why anyone would willingly send their kid to a place with so much baggage and little security. I tuned out of the series by the 4th movie, just cuz I found Harry and the magic stuff to not be that interesting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Only the first harry potter movie worked as a good escapist child fantasy where an abused kid is selected to go to a secret magical school. Every sequel after that slowly became more and more dark, and made me question why anyone would willingly send their kid to a place with so much baggage and little security. I tuned out of the series by the 4th movie, just cuz I found Harry and the magic stuff to not be that interesting.
Same, though I skipped 4 and saw 5.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Harry Potter was a decent character in the first couple of movies, since he actually has a bit of a dark side. He doesn't follow the rules and isn't too afraid to take advantage of a situation. But I just found the supporting cast to be more fun and interesting.

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
Given the current state of affairs here I often wonder if the Romans knew their empire was collapsing.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I kinda feel like changing my Steam profile picture to my avatar picture, but at the same time I quite like my current one a lot (plus I've had it pretty much for they entire duration of my Steam profile's life).

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Why do all German's seem to hate their own language?

I kinda feel like changing my Steam profile picture to my avatar picture, but at the same time I quite like my current one a lot (plus I've had it pretty much for they entire duration of my Steam profile's life).
I will give you my proper centrist advice.

Compromise and splice the two together.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Why do all German's seem to hate their own language?

I will give you my proper centrist advice.

Compromise and splice the two together.
Well as someone who took (and basically forgotten) two years of high school German, they don't hate it, it's just a very utilitarian language. They just take words/thoughts they already have and mash them together to make new words, just check out the full German word for tank/panzer.

Also as funny as that would I don't see how I could, it's a portrait of Heavy weapons guy from TF2 that I found.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Well as someone who took (and basically forgotten) two years of high school German, they don't hate it, it's just a very utilitarian language. They just take words/thoughts they already have and mash them together to make new words, just check out the full German word for tank/panzer.

Also as funny as that would I don't see how I could, it's a portrait of Heavy weapons guy from TF2 that I found.
Just use photopea and put your dog's nose, ears, and tongue on Heavy's face. See?! I'm a genius!

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So if Russia claims Venus is a Russian planet and it turns out that the phosphine there is being created by some ridiculously hardy aliens that are able to survive Venus's hellish environment, does that mean the hellish aliens from Venus are now Russians too? XD

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Because it's one of the few places they could (in theory) learn the skills and tools they would need to survive the magical world they live in? You know...assuming they survive the school.

I dunno, I never really had too much of an issue with the idea that "the magical world is incredibly dangerous and deadly" , because the creatures and beings in mythology and magic are pretty much all dangerous, at least the most commonly known in popular knowledge. European culture is filled with cautionary tales involving magical beings, and the end result is often "and then the child died." So that part I don't really take issue with. It's the way the staff was always portrayed as being inept, which, I get when it's a kid's adventure, you have to either simply remove the adults, or make them bumbling idiots (Potter doing both depending on the adults), so that it's up to the kids to save the day. But they didn't always do it well in my opinion.

Again, kids story, so I expect the adults to be a non-issue for the majority of the story, or nothing more than an obstacle/antagonist. But, it could've been done better I think.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I love Dr. Weird. This clip broke me when I first saw it back in the day. Me and my roommate were on our couch, and I literally fell to the floor in a heap of giggling insanity for a good 5 minutes. I mean, Dr. Weird is designed to be just random shit, but...THIS one...I just....I couldn't take it. Love it to death.

I mean there are just SO many questions!! It's FINALLY decided? So, has he been testing his ass for years, tempting it to eat his hand by...what...fisting himself? Did he cover it in barbecue sauce or ranch dressing to make it more appetizing? I MUST KNOW!!!!

Last edited: