Biden clenches the nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
That's totally not true.

The ACA allowed over 16 million people to obtain health insurance.
It prevented insurance companies from denying people with pre-existing conditions
Even though premiums went it, it sounds like they didn't go up as much as they had in years prior.

I'm 99% sure I've posted this before.

It really has done nothing.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

Your inability to understand that more people being helped than before is a good thing even if massive improvements are still needed is frankly astounding at this point.

No one in this thread has argued the ACA should be more than a stepping stone to a real healthcare overhaul. No shit it still has problems, but it is better than the previous system.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Weren't there like also 4 other woman with charges against Kavanaugh? As far as I can tell, no one else has come up with anything against Biden.

Several women actually have accused him of sexual harassment.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Your inability to understand that more people being helped than before is a good thing even if massive improvements are still needed is frankly astounding at this point.

No one in this thread has argued the ACA should be more than a stepping stone to a real healthcare overhaul. No shit it still has problems, but it is better than the previous system.
They haven't though, that's the point here, ACA doesn't help people. It just shifts money around.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Several women actually have accused him of sexual harassment.
Here are all of trumps, tell me which is worse?

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
If the next democrat only rapes 3 women, is that a good compromise? After all, that's Better Than Trump™. How many rapes are you okay with? What's the cutoff for acceptable rape levels for a democratic candidate? Is it okay to be handsy with women?

Or in short, I don't care. Pointing to Trump does nothing to convince me about Biden, because Trump's actions have nothing to do with Biden.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
They haven't though, that's the point here, ACA doesn't help people. It just shifts money around.
The proportion of those without health insurance has dramatically fallen. That's indisputable. Do you contend that this isn't an improvement, or that it isn't attributable to the ACA? The former would be ludicrous; the latter an enormous coincidence.

If the next democrat only rapes 3 women, is that a good compromise? After all, that's Better Than Trump™. How many rapes are you okay with? What's the cutoff for acceptable rape levels for a democratic candidate? Is it okay to be handsy with women?
Obviously not. But I wasn't aware a candidate without accusations of sexual assault was a prospect for the next four years. Of course, I (and many others) argued that that very thing should be addressed, during the Primary process when such things as the parties' candidates are decided.

I'm sorry, but I find this whole equivalence facetious in the extreme, particularly given that the most severe threat to women's rights at the present time is probably a Republican-stacked Supreme Court.

Reactions: Worgen

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The proportion of those without health insurance has dramatically fallen. That's indisputable. Do you contend that this isn't an improvement, or that it isn't attributable to the ACA? The former would be ludicrous; the latter an enormous coincidence.
As my link says, the people getting insurance don't get insurance that helps, and in fact a lot of middle class people who get their insurance through work have lost coverage because of ACA. The net result is that ACA doesn't cover people in case of illness, which is last I checked the point of having insurance.

So yes, I contend that it isn't an improvement, because statistically things have not improved.

Obviously not. But I wasn't aware a candidate without accusations of sexual assault was a prospect for the next four years. Of course, I (and many others) argued that that very thing should be addressed, during the Primary process when such things as the parties' candidates are decided.

I'm sorry, but I find this whole equivalence facetious in the extreme, particularly given that the most severe threat to women's rights at the present time is probably a Republican-stacked Supreme Court.
I think the biggest threat to women's rights are people who don't look at context or seriously consider what they're arguing for. Biden himself put several of the conservative judges everyone is scared about in their positions. Biden has argued against women's rights for decades. Biden is a rapist.

This is all independent of Trump, that's the point here. You can point at Trump all day, but if your arguments are "we can't vote for a rapist who might appoint conservative judges, we have to vote Biden", I roll my eyes because that's what's being voted for.

It is currently still the primary, to my knowledge, and there is ample time for Biden to drop out, and that's the only rational choice to make, to make Biden drop out for being a shit candidate on literally every front. There is not one redeeming feature to Biden, and the only way to get the DNC to listen is to point out that he will not win, because he will not get votes.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
With all the best will in the world, that is relatively trivial: it's simply awful to be in a position where the defence of a presidential candidate is "At least they haven't assaulted as many people as the other guy."

Or to put another way: 0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 > some > lots.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
With all the best will in the world, that is relatively trivial: it's simply awful to be in a position where the defence of a presidential candidate is "At least they haven't assaulted as many people as the other guy."

Or to put another way: 0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 > some > lots.
Its not a great situation, but one is clearly better then the other. crimson seems to totally ignore that.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Its not a great situation, but one is clearly better then the other. crimson seems to totally ignore that.
You make a fair point, 3 rapes is well within the acceptable limit. In fact, I'm getting kind of tired of hearing people complain about it.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Democrats normalizing rape is the end of the Democrat party. Biden doesn't have to be the nominee.

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
Makes one wonder what exactly the point of radical feminism is if its entire political horizon remains prescribed within its relative institutional representation that rapists must be tolerated in any public sphere and that one must appeal to the state to be granted the right to autonomy to the female body less it takes it away from you with an impotent swing of the gavel. For this, I invoke the xenofeminist manifesto to you arboreal, non-tentacled simps to remind you of the throbbing non-deterministic anti-phallogocentric gender-hacking radicalism waiting to burst forth from the seams of domestic and public space.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Makes one wonder what exactly the point of radical feminism is if its entire political horizon remains prescribed within its relative institutional representation that rapists must be tolerated in any public sphere and that one must appeal to the state to be granted the right to autonomy to the female body less it takes it away from you with an impotent swing of the gavel. For this, I invoke the xenofeminist manifesto to you arboreal, non-tentacled simps to remind you of the throbbing non-deterministic anti-phallogocentric gender-hacking radicalism waiting to burst forth from the seams of domestic and public space.

Those rape victims were sacrificial offerings.

Once elected, I think Biden should be given a virgin every month, for the good of the democratic party

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan

Once elected, I think Biden should be given a virgin every month, for the good of the democratic party
I'm grateful my ancestors accepted Islam so that we wouldn't have to put up with Ba'al worshippers but just like the gnostics and the Alawis they KEEP COMING BACK

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Is it really an improvement to be paying money in order to get insurance with such a high deductible that you can't ever use it? That's an improvement for the insurance companies, to be sure, but not necessarily the one with the policy. The numbers matter. If low-end insurance is just a bad deal in which getting to the point where you could use it would bankrupt you anyway, then it's not an improvement that more people have it instead of no coverage at all.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
According to the actual data we have on this, the ACA has not only helped people, it has saved lives.

Just because I do not think it is the best way to go about fixing healthcare, I am not going to lie and claim it has not helped or saved lives. That would be ignoring the facts.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

What rape victims? Lets see it went from Tara repeatedly saying that she wasn't worried about Biden doing anything like that and praising him for his work to help end sexual assault, to she was raped and now she has turned into 3 people? WOW this story really has grown to one hell of a feat of science here.

Zeke davis

Apr 30, 2020
Country
United States
In other news: https://joebiden.com/blackamerica/
Some interesting stuff. Some potential for future accountants. Most a whole lot of meh. It's more postive than not for the people it's supposed to help tho. Thoughts?
I'm new so i don't how to delete the post made in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.