Status
Not open for further replies.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Just going to point out again how hypocritical I find the folks who will question and scrutinize the Reade accusation against Biden who acted like the Ford accusation against Kavanaugh was definitely, unquestioningly true. Is it #BelieveWomen or is it #BelieveWomenWhoHarmRepublicans?

Would it have been better if Reade had supplied almost no details that could be corroborated, and the few that could potentially be were not? That would put her more in line with Ford.
If something was happening that was actually hypocritical , you might have a point, but the reality is that isn't even what has happened. If Tara didn't constantly contradict herself about whether or not she was sexually assaulted at all and talk publicly about how great Biden was about helping women with sexual assault we would be having a an entirely different conversation right now. I mean if I accused you of raping me back in 1993 and then after it happened I said you were a great guy who speaks the truth and is doing great work to help women to end sexual assault and I never worried about you taking to a room or something because you didn't give me that sort of vibe, wouldn't you hope people would at least look at what I actually said than just assume you are guilty? It isn't about details of the event, it is that She actually said “I wasn’t scared of him, that he was going to take me in a room or anything. It wasn’t that kind of vibe.” those were her words here. She told multiple media outlets that it didn't happen, so how did it suddenly happen after she said it didn't? Did Christine say any of those things about her attacker? Of course not, because people who were raped by some creep they had no interest in would never say things like that about them afterwards.

I have been raped. I have volunteered for the women's and children's shelter here, I have many years experience with working with sexual assault victims, They do not go around talking about how awesome their attacker is at helping women end sexual assault. They do not go around saying " I don't get that sort of vibe from him" and then change their story later. This just isn't adding up is the issue.

So which woman do you believe, the one who said that she never got that sort of vibe from him and that he was a great at helping end sexual assault against women, and who said nothing of the assault in her report and told reporters it didn't happen or the woman who said all of that was a lie and she was raped after reporters rejected her earlier story as being a nonstory? These are both the same woman and you can only believe one of her stories, so which is more credible to you?

It is inaccurate to say we do not believe Tara, we do, just before she chose to claim she lied and changed the details in addition to going online and trying to edit her previous versions. Luckily those were already archived before she could do that.

Reactions: Worgen

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What are you talking about?
What I already linked in the thread or are you not even reading it?
Did you read the Time article and the Guardian article and what AP said about her first interview and her contradictions? DID you not look at what she posted on twitter in 2017 and what she has said online about Biden over the years and how she publicly supported him and voted for him years after she was fired? DID you not see how she changed her story entirely after both AP and Washington post saw it as a non story in 2019 because she kept contradicting herself and it was only about Biden being his usual creepy self with no sexual assault involved? There is a pile of evidence showing that she has lied, the question is which one is the lie because they all can't be true? So which of her stories is the actual truth here?

Here I am linking them again:

"During one of the April 2019 interviews with the AP, Reade said Biden rubbed her shoulders and neck and played with her hair. She said she was asked by an aide in Biden’s Senate office to dress more conservatively and told: “Don’t be so sexy.”

She said of Biden: “I wasn’t scared of him, that he was going to take me in a room or anything. It wasn’t that kind of vibe.”

The AP reviewed notes of its 2019 interviews after Reade came forward in March with allegations of sexual assault. Reporters discovered an additional transcript and notes on Friday."

"Reade has also tweeted praise of Biden in the past, from an old Twitter account she says has since been hacked. Asked by TIME about a 2017 tweet that appeared to praise Biden, Reade says it was from a time “when I was still feeling kind of conflicted about Joe Biden. And during that time I wasn’t ready to come forward with what happened to me.”

"The Associated Press has stated that it did not publish her story at the time because “reporters were unable to corroborate her allegations, and aspects of her story contradicted other reporting.” The Washington Post, which also did not then publish her story, said that Reade “did not mention the alleged assault or suggest there was more to the story.”

►The lie about losing her job. Reade told The Union that Biden wanted her to serve drinks at an event. After she refused, "she felt pushed out and left Biden's employ," the newspaper said last April. But Reade claimed this month in her Times interview that after she filed a sexual harassment complaint with the Senate personnel office, she faced retaliation and was fired by Biden’s chief of staff.

Leaving a job after refusing to serve drinks at a Biden fundraiser is vastly different than being fired as retaliation for filing a sexual harassment complaint with the Senate. The disparity raises questions about Reade’s credibility and account of events.

►Compliments for Biden. In the 1990s, Biden worked to pass the Violence Against Women Act. In 2017, on multiple occasions, Reade retweeted or “liked” praise for Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In the same year, Reade tweeted other compliments of Biden, including: “My old boss speaks truth. Listen.” It is bizarre that Reade would publicly laud Biden for combating the very thing she would later accuse him of doing to her.

►The Larry King call. Last week, new "evidence" surfaced: a recorded call by an anonymous woman to CNN's "Larry King Live" show in 1993. Reade says the caller was her mother, who's now deceased. Assuming Reade is correct, her mother said: "I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

Looks like Tara retroactively edited her original Medium post from 2019 one day before she came out with her new allegation against Biden.

Last edited:

Zeke davis

Apr 30, 2020
Country
United States
What are you talking about?
She only talked about being harassed and framed the harassment as not being like trapped in a room.

It kinda ignores how known victims actually can partially disclose all the shit that's been done to them.

I wouldn't object to what they experience but that's not the whole story:
NYT opinion arctilce said:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
According to the actual data we have on this, the ACA has not only helped people, it has saved lives.

Just because I do not think it is the best way to go about fixing healthcare, I am not going to lie and claim it has not helped or saved lives. That would be ignoring the facts.
The closest it gets to helping is expanding Medicare and Medicaid, but since it's also cut those programs in other areas and pushed the disastrous individual mandate, the overall effect of the ACA has been muted, and as the data shows, when it comes to protecting Americans from going into bankruptcy over medical costs, it's done nothing. And nothing it has done is specific to ACA, you could take ACA off the books and it wouldn't even matter.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The closest it gets to helping is expanding Medicare and Medicaid, but since it's also cut those programs in other areas and pushed the disastrous individual mandate, the overall effect of the ACA has been muted, and as the data shows, when it comes to protecting Americans from going into bankruptcy over medical costs, it's done nothing. And nothing it has done is specific to ACA, you could take ACA off the books and it wouldn't even matter.
No, Texas rejected the Medicaid expansion, yet people here have been receiving free healthcare under the subsides provided for low income individuals. That was why the republicans have been trying to get it removed so bad. If you are low enough income, you go to the healthcare exchange and you get qualified for subsidies, which then mean all of your monthly payments are then differed to your taxes, when you file your tax return, since you didn't make enough money to pay them, they default to the subsides provided by the government. 2 of my brothers and one of my sisters have been using this method in Texas and have not paid any health insurance payments since the ACA went into effect because they are low enough income to qualify.

Trump tried to sabotage it and refused to pay them but the courts ordered they had to:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No, Texas rejected the Medicaid expansion, yet people here have been receiving free healthcare under the subsides provided for low income individuals. That was why the republicans have been trying to get it removed so bad. If you are low enough income, you go to the healthcare exchange and you get qualified for subsidies, which then mean all of your monthly payments are then differed to your taxes, when you file your tax return, since you didn't make enough money to pay them, they default to the subsides provided by the government. 2 of my brothers and one of my sisters have been using this method in Texas and have not paid any health insurance payments since the ACA went into effect because they are low enough income to qualify.
Again, I posted the data on this. It has for sure 100% not helped in the area of making healthcare costs not a ticking timebomb.

Zeke davis

Apr 30, 2020
Country
United States
Did you read the Time article and the Guardian article and what AP said about her first interview and her contradictions? DID you not look at what she posted on twitter in 2017 and what she has said online about Biden over the years and how she publicly supported him and voted for him years after she was fired? DID you not see how she changed her story entirely after both AP and Washington post saw it as a non story in 2019 because she kept contradicting herself and it was only about Biden being his usual creepy self with no sexual assault involved? There is a pile of evidence showing that she has lied, the question is which one is the lie because they all can't be true? So which of her stories is the actual truth here?

Here I am linking them again:

"During one of the April 2019 interviews with the AP, Reade said Biden rubbed her shoulders and neck and played with her hair. She said she was asked by an aide in Biden’s Senate office to dress more conservatively and told: “Don’t be so sexy.”

She said of Biden: “I wasn’t scared of him, that he was going to take me in a room or anything. It wasn’t that kind of vibe.”

The AP reviewed notes of its 2019 interviews after Reade came forward in March with allegations of sexual assault. Reporters discovered an additional transcript and notes on Friday."

"Reade has also tweeted praise of Biden in the past, from an old Twitter account she says has since been hacked. Asked by TIME about a 2017 tweet that appeared to praise Biden, Reade says it was from a time “when I was still feeling kind of conflicted about Joe Biden. And during that time I wasn’t ready to come forward with what happened to me.”

"The Associated Press has stated that it did not publish her story at the time because “reporters were unable to corroborate her allegations, and aspects of her story contradicted other reporting.” The Washington Post, which also did not then publish her story, said that Reade “did not mention the alleged assault or suggest there was more to the story.”

►The lie about losing her job. Reade told The Union that Biden wanted her to serve drinks at an event. After she refused, "she felt pushed out and left Biden's employ," the newspaper said last April. But Reade claimed this month in her Times interview that after she filed a sexual harassment complaint with the Senate personnel office, she faced retaliation and was fired by Biden’s chief of staff.

Leaving a job after refusing to serve drinks at a Biden fundraiser is vastly different than being fired as retaliation for filing a sexual harassment complaint with the Senate. The disparity raises questions about Reade’s credibility and account of events.

►Compliments for Biden. In the 1990s, Biden worked to pass the Violence Against Women Act. In 2017, on multiple occasions, Reade retweeted or “liked” praise for Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In the same year, Reade tweeted other compliments of Biden, including: “My old boss speaks truth. Listen.” It is bizarre that Reade would publicly laud Biden for combating the very thing she would later accuse him of doing to her.

►The Larry King call. Last week, new "evidence" surfaced: a recorded call by an anonymous woman to CNN's "Larry King Live" show in 1993. Reade says the caller was her mother, who's now deceased. Assuming Reade is correct, her mother said: "I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

Looks like Tara retroactively edited her original Medium post from 2019 one day before she came out with her new allegation against Biden.
My quote from the RAINN founder should suffice for the compliments and larry king call if i understand where you're going with that.

As for the job: She said she felt pushed out didn't she? The article was very clear that retaliation did happen. Don't see why one coundln't infer that teh leaving was a "Forced to leave" as her second union article put it.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
She only talked about being harassed and framed the harassment as not being like trapped in a room.

It kinda ignores how known victims actually can partially disclose all the shit that's been done to them.

I wouldn't object to what they experience but that's not the whole story:
It was more than that though, I added to the post above so people do not have to dig it back up. It wasn't a matter of just withholding information, it was outright contradicting it, forcing us to pick which version to believe because they cannot both be true.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
My quote from the RAINN founder should suffice for the compliments and larry king call if i understand where you're going with that.

As for the job: She said she felt pushed out didn't she? The article was very clear that retaliation did happen. Don't see why one coundln't infer that teh leaving was a "Forced to leave" as her second union article put it.
I have let go a good many people from their jobs, not because of sexual harassment, just they were not doing a good job, or they were making it more difficult for others in the work environment. There is a lot of missing information here and nothing about her actual job performance. I have let people go for gossiping and pot stirring about their coworkers creating a hostile work environment for other people. She said she was being pushed out for Legitimate and not so legitimate reasons, what were the legitimate reasons Tara was referring to? We only have part of the puzzle here to make the picture.

We do not really have a valid explanation for her contradictions as of yet, and this was not a case of a relationship she was involved in, or even a situation where she was even in contact with her attacker. Much of what could apply does not actually apply here because it is not the same situation, nor had she ever previously alluded that it was.

I have no doubt she was sexually harassed, Biden is a creep and did so openly to most women. I doubt that she was raped however because that means she would have to lie earlier about a lot of things for that to have happened. She was open about talking about the harassment, and did not appear to be uncomfortable telling anyone and everyone about the harrassment, which is also uncommon for someone who would also be uncomfortable about actually being raped. When you don't want to draw attention to it and relive it, you also don't draw attention to and force yourself to relive it but then do not brush it off as him being totally a great guy who speaks the truth helping women end sexual assault. All of which she actually said about the guy publicly in recent years. Compliments are one thing, to actually compliment them on what you are most disgusted about them with is an entirely different matter. I am not going to go out of my way and say my rapist was doing a great job at helping women end sexual assault. That isn't the same as respecting something else they do while being angry at them for sexual assault.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Ok. Since we're reading things, I think you should read this, which rebuts every single one of those points-- and some others.

For example,

2. “Implausible explanation for changing story.”

Reade has been accused by Sternand journalist Amanda Marcotte, and othersof “changing her story.” This is because, as I mentioned above, when Reade first went public she told the press only that she was harassed, not that she was harassed AND assaulted. Again, she claims that the (male) reporter she originally talked to made her feel uncomfortable and “shut down.” Stern, however, finds it “hard to believe a reporter would discourage this kind of scoop.”

He’s got a point: I mean, can you imagine that a man spoke to a woman and made her feel dismissed and uncomfortable? Can you believe that a woman then held back because she was worried she wouldn’t be believed, when women in her particular situation are rarely believed?? Has ANY man EVER spoken to a woman this way??? Has it maybe happened literally every other goddamn day in the life of every woman in the entire goddamn United States of America???????

But this wasn’t just any man. This was a reporter. Why would a reporter turn down a scoop? This makes sense, if you think reporters are like, hardboiled gumshoes who smoke cigars and type on typewriters. But reporters are not movie characters; they’re human beings like everybody else. A woman told this reporter a story; he probably thought she was nuts, and making it up, and made her feel that way. I cannot emphasize just how often this sort of thing happens to women, in approximately every context. To name just one example, there’s a long, documented history of women going to doctors with reports of significant pain and being ignored, because women are held to be inaccurate reporters of their own experiences. “But doctors are professionals,” Stern would probably insist. “They would NEVER discourage a patient from describing their symptoms. They would WANT to make an accurate diagnosis.” Well okay my dude, tell that to anyone who’s ever had endometriosis. Or try talking to a woman who’s had to go to a car mechanic. “Getting taken seriously by professionals” is not a luxury that women are often afforded.

Interviewing people about sexual assault isn’t easy. It takes a sensitive inquisitor to get a survivor to tell their story. So it doesn’t seem at all implausible that someone with a difficult, upsetting story wouldn’t open up immediately, especially to a reporter who came across as dismissive. As abuse expert Professor Anthony Zenkus of the Columbia School of Social Work wrote in an op-ed about the case, this is a very common pattern: Victims disclose what happened to them slowly, not all at once. One would think that Stern, as a former prosecutor, would know this.

As for why Stern’s disbelief that Reade struggled for a year afterward to find a journalist who would take her seriously—I don’t know man, it’s like, people always take women so seriously when they report assault, especially when it’s politically inconvenient???? I can’t believe more news outlets and victims’ rights organizations, especially those with ties to the Democratic party and/or major donors to the Democratic party, wouldn’t take a claim against Joe Biden seriously. Again, I am an android from Mars, and this is my first time dealing with human beings.
We should believe the most recent and serious claims, claims that she also made in private to a number of different people in the 1990s. And we shouldn't mistake at times revealing less than the whole truth for contradiction, as harassment can happen with and without assault.

Zeke davis

Apr 30, 2020
Country
United States
It was more than that though, I added to the post above so people do not have to dig it back up. It wasn't a matter of just withholding information, it was outright contradicting it, forcing us to pick which version to believe because they cannot both be true.
When she just talked about harassment(at least the stuff that wasn't the touching mind) and the retaliation she framed as mainly a office culture problem that Biden was also complicit but also separate from him.

So it makes sense that feelings on the office culture would contrast with what biden did to her personally.
I have let go a good many people from their jobs, not because of sexual harassment, just they were not doing a good job, or they were making it more difficult for others in the work environment. There is a lot of missing information here and nothing about her actual job performance. I have let people go for gossiping and pot stirring about their coworkers creating a hostile work environment for other people. She said she was being pushed out for Legitimate and not so legitimate reasons, what were the legitimate reasons Tara was referring to? We only have part of the puzzle here to make the picture.

We do not really have a valid explanation for her contradictions as of yet, and this was not a case of a relationship she was involved in, or even a situation where she was even in contact with her attacker. Much of what could apply does not actually apply here because it is not the same situation, nor had she ever previously alluded that it was.

I have no doubt she was sexually harassed, Biden is a creep and did so openly to most women. I doubt that she was raped however because that means she would have to lie earlier about a lot of things for that to have happened. She was open about talking about the harassment, and did not appear to be uncomfortable telling anyone and everyone about the harrassment, which is also uncommon for someone who would also be uncomfortable about actually being raped. When you don't want to draw attention to it and relive it, you also don't draw attention to and force yourself to relive it but then do not brush it off as him being totally a great guy who speaks the truth helping women end sexual assault. All of which she actually said about the guy publicly in recent years. Compliments are one thing, to actually compliment them on what you are most disgusted about them with is an entirely different matter. I am not going to go out of my way and say my rapist was doing a great job at helping women end sexual assault. That isn't the same as respecting something else they do while being angry at them for sexual assault.
Where did she say that she was pushed out for partly legit reasons? I looked over the article you posted on her job and found nothing.

As for the other thing: This might sound daft but she says she thought he changed and viewed that work on sexual assault as evidence.

Wrong to think if that was the case but not impossible to think if you get what i'm saying. It's not like "It's on us" thing he started couldn't be read as a hidden mea cupla under that lens.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Ok. Since we're reading things, I think you should read this, which rebuts every single one of those points-- and some others.

For example,

We should believe the most recent and serious claims, claims that she also made in private to a number of different people in the 1990s. And we shouldn't mistake at times revealing less than the whole truth for contradiction, as harassment can happen with and without assault.
You should believe the most recent claims, even though it has been proven that inconsistencies and inaccuracies are far more likely the more time that goes by than when it first happens and thus why courts usually go with earlier documentation for accuracy due to this fact?
As Agema mentioned above, her recollection of events now is far more likely to be less accurate than her recollection of events that she documented at an early time. She even went online to revise her published story to match her new story, but luckily the original was still archived. He earlier story contradicted her new story. Her original story said it was not a story about sexual misconduct, she changed the story entirely:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
When she just talked about harassment(at least the stuff that wasn't the touching mind) and the retaliation she framed as mainly a office culture problem that Biden was also complicit but also separate from him.

So it makes sense that feelings on the office culture would contrast with what biden did to her personally.

Where did she say that she was pushed out for partly legit reasons? I looked over the article you posted on her job and found nothing.

As for the other thing: This might sound daft but she says she thought he changed and viewed that work on sexual assault as evidence.

Wrong to think if that was the case but not impossible to think if you get what i'm saying. It's not like "It's on us" thing he started couldn't be read as a hidden mea cupla under that lens.
In her original story she put online that she went back and edited just recently. I was using her direct quote.

"Things at the office got hard for me and it was obvious I was going to be forced out with legitimate or not so legitimate reasons. "

"I wish I could say there was a happy ending, that Sen. Biden apologized or that he helped make amends, he did not. I do not even know if he realized why I left. Biden was protected by his chief of staff from unpleasant events, like a young king. "

According to her earlier version of the Story, Biden likely wouldn't even know why she left. Why would someone who sexually assaulted you NOT know why you left?

How was Biden responsible for why she left if he was protected like a king from even knowing why it happened?

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Democrats normalizing rape is the end of the Democrat party. Biden doesn't have to be the nominee.
My opinion is that normalizing the buyout of the party was the end of the Democratic party. The hypocrisy of brushing aside Biden's rape allegations is just Washington business as usual, for both parties, and has been for pretty much all of America's history (didn't bother repudiating Jefferson's relations with his slaves until well into the 20th century, did we).

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
We can punish some rapists, or we can punish no rapists. Letting Trump be President punishes no rapists.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Ya know what? Lets be real here, crimson has no interest in punishing ANY rapists. Back when Hillary was running, he was still against supporting her and she is not a rapist. So all of this 'anti-rape' spiel is a huge lie to hide that they just want Trump to stay in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.