Another person shot dead this time at a rally and counter protest clash in Denver

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Uh, so? Would a security guard count as a protester if you can find a topic you disagree with them on?
Yes. Why do you think conservatives are constantly accusing the left of demanding ideological purity? Nothin' but projection.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I would say that you wouldn't want to hire "security" that is biased against the people that he might be threatened by, much like how you wouldn't want to hire a racist cop.
Yeah, and yet that’s most cops. Maybe the circumstances and functions of a role are divorced from our ideals of them. In any case, should security guards only be Trump supporters then?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yeah, and yet that’s most cops. Maybe the circumstances and functions of a role are divorced from our ideals of them.
I'm making an "ought" statement, not an "is" statement.

In any case, should security guards only be Trump supporters then?
They ought to be imported from countries that have no dog in the fight. That's fair, right?

Exley97

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
United States
I am hearing rumours so far that the shooter has a social media history of Anti-Trump postings. If I find confirmation I'll post it.
Oh dear. Then he's definitely Antifa!

I would say that you wouldn't want to hire "security" that is biased against the people that he might be threatened by, much like how you wouldn't want to hire a racist cop.
Sure. Because criticizing Trump is definitely the same as hating Blacks.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I'm making an "ought" statement, not an "is" statement.
Yeah, that why it sucks.

They ought to be imported from countries that have no dog in the fight. That's fair, right?
And realistically impossible.
Edit- but sure, let’s play. What would such a foreigner believe? How may that effect their work? There is ultimately no escaping the fact that irresponsible people will exist, you cannot hire a force of pure and noble men. Perhaps the actual issue is the power being afforded to mere men over one another. It is not that this power corrupts, but that the having of power allows it to be expressed in distasteful ways. Ultimately, this is the logic of the abolitionist. The cause of the problem is not that there are racist cops, but that there are cops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwak

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
And realistically impossible.
I am both curious as to how such a system would allegedly be supposed to work and wholly unsurprised to hear yet another conservative argument that hinges on out-sourcing even more jobs.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Welp Fox news have found some of the shooters previous facebook posts

Shortly after he was identified, past posts by Dolloff surfaced, showing that he was more overtly left-leaning politically, with posts talking about how a Trump Button was a “racist button” and calling the Trump administration a "fascist dictatorship."
Now as AntiFA isn't a specific group but an ideology and as said person believe Trump's administration is fascist and he opposes them. Welp guess he's AntiFA. Sorry thems the rules it's an ideology not a specific group thus doesn't matter what context he was there in he was still AntiFA because of his ideological positions here.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well this is unfortunate, guy goes to a protest to protect people and those in his community and this happens. And he seems like such a nice guy too.

now in the right fucking thread this time...
Kyle Rittenhouse

1) Wasn't being paid to do it
2) Was attacked first with some-one attempting to grab his gun
3) Attempted to help the person he shot after shooting him not stand there gun pointed to make sure the guy didn't get up again.
4) Actually phone the for medical help to the location to try and save the person he shot.

Oh and almost the same with the later shooting too.

Bit of a difference here unless you consider bear mace (more of a defensive weapon to repel people) to be equivalent to try to beat some-one over the head (a ore offensive move)

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Kyle Rittenhouse... 2) Was attacked first with some-one attempting to grab his gun
And the press reports seem to suggest someone may have hit Dolloff and fired pepper spray at him. You'd be over that angle like flies on faeces if Dolloff was gunning for your side.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And the press reports seem to suggest someone may have hit Dolloff and fired pepper spray at him. You'd be over that angle like flies on faeces if Dolloff was gunning for your side.
Hit. Not heard it.

Had pepper spray fired at them? Maybe.

As I said tough bit of a difference there.

I've seen some reports suggesting that Dolloff started the confrontation.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Hit. Not heard it.

Had pepper spray fired at them? Maybe.

As I said tough bit of a difference there.

I've seen some reports suggesting that Dolloff started the confrontation.
No, I'm not buying that waffle. If Dolloff were a right-winger, you'd be asserting he had a right to defend himself from assault. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. I could go back and check, but I wonder would I find you latching onto every last bare rumour churning through the mill to exculpate Rittenhouse in that other thread?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on board with this, since Trump's popularity outside of the US is far lower than it is within the US.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, I'm not buying that waffle. If Dolloff were a right-winger, you'd be asserting he had a right to defend himself from assault. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. I could go back and check, but I wonder would I find you latching onto every last bare rumour churning through the mill to exculpate Rittenhouse in that other thread?
No because I see Mace etc as more of a defensive weapon to push people away rather than a malicious attempt to cause harm.

I wouldn't advocate shooting a person for them deploying mace unless you they were literally holding a person down spraying it in their face.

So what you know would be wrong and I really don't think everyone thinks it either.

You can check about Rittenhouse yourself most of the stuff I've posted have been supported by other witnesses or even video of the events.

If you want to claim Dolloff was attacked first it would be helpful for you to provide some evidence.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I mean, he did right here on this page

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Welp Fox news have found some of the shooters previous facebook posts

Now as AntiFA isn't a specific group but an ideology and as said person believe Trump's administration is fascist and he opposes them. Welp guess he's AntiFA. Sorry thems the rules it's an ideology not a specific group thus doesn't matter what context he was there in he was still AntiFA because of his ideological positions here.
PINKERTONS ARE ANTIFA BOYS! WE DID IT!

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I find it rich that, after your post declaring 'doesn't like President Trump means aNtIfA', you are going to completely try and scoot that whole article about how shit Kyle was out of the way.

Can we please pack this shit partisan circus in?

Reactions: Kae

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I find it rich that, after your post declaring 'doesn't like President Trump means aNtIfA', you are going to completely try and scoot that whole article about how shit Kyle was out of the way.

No, we must not rest until everyone is Antifa and Antifa is every terrorist and therefore everyone is a terrorist. We must justify the DHS beating us in the streets. Liberty is bondage!

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Person claims Trump's administration is Fascist.

Person objects to Trump and his supporters.

Therefore person is clearly Anti-Trump.

AntiFA as people keep saying is "Not a group with any structure but an ideological position"

Person opposes Trump

Person thinks Trumps et al are fascists.

Therefore person is opposing fascism.

Therefore they can be claimed to be AntiFA

Sorry not my rules on how AntiFA are defined here.

It also wouldn't be the first time a person in a security industry has done something like this.

One of the attackers in this incident turned out to be airport security

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
...so is every person who votes democrat a domestic terrorist then, because they're all antifa?

'Cause I don't think we have the resources to go after 66 million people