Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
One more thing:

Mod edit -- video removed

Note: I have some disagreements with him (unrelated to Bob), but he gets his point across.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Jim Sterling got old really quick. And last I checked, he is dating what appears to be a gender flip of himself. And he is into cuckoldry.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I think you and most other people are missing my point here. Deadpool had cancer, but that's a tragic backstory that explains why he signed up for nasty, illegal experiments. The conceit of his character isn't "Cancer is funny, yo!" in the same way that Harley Quinn's conceit is "psychosis is so quirky, funny and sexy, yo!". No one would ever consider a character who's characterization is to make fun of and portray a somatic disease as funny or sexy, because the idea is off-putting and upsetting (as it should be). But mental illness gets a pass here, so we get a whole movie of Harley Quinn being quirky, fun and sexy, when that's absolutely the opposite of what psychotic people tend to be.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So setting aside that vocal dislike - that frankly I give zero fucks about - about Bob leaving that still leaves one main issue. The Escapist has yet again failed to hold on to a content creator. So can I expect Olympic to join Titanic at the bottom of the ocean?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So setting aside that vocal dislike - that frankly I give zero fucks about - about Bob leaving that still leaves one main issue. The Escapist has yet again failed to hold on to a content creator. So can I expect Olympic to join Titanic at the bottom of the ocean?
No, the bigger question is how the hell have they held onto Yahtzee for so long. It makes no sense to me

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Big Picture was cool, I guess, but I barely watched his content since there are far better movie critics on YouTube.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
So Bob is gone because he said something about Cuties on Twitter?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I have still yet to see it and I have no interest. Other movies that are more worth my time.
I honestly don't give care for the movie, but Bob seems to be defending the fuck out of it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Haha, she's so quirky, fun and sexy, in her mentally ill way.
Can't say much of that comes across in the show, certainly not that clip. It's quirky sure, but not quirky due to mental illness. Not that Harley Quinn as a character in the DC universe isn't used for quirkiness due to her mental instability, but the show is more about her suffering the after effects of being in an abussive relationship. And when it does shine a light on that it handles it generally respectful. The show is actually Harley Quinn at her least typical Harley Quinn, which is probably why her character feels like it has a lot more range. They also don't pull any Deadpool-style fourth wall breaks that the comics like to do, and thank God for that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I honestly don't give care for the movie, but Bob seems to be defending the fuck out of it.
Not surprised in the slightest. I already know about the whole Cuties situation. This is the same guy that defended Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, James Cameron's Avatar, and Scott Pilgrim to hell and back while insulting others that had any criticism, legit or not. The same dude who says should not be allowed to vote if you're a fan of the live-action Transformers. The same person that calls others sheeple for liking the Expendables over Scott Pilgrim.
Sucker Punch was okay, but I never wanted to see it again, I do not like Avatar, and Scott Pilgrim I liked for the time, but I can't even watch anymore aside from a few scenes. And I get all of the references. I am not big on the original comic either.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They also don't pull any Deadpool-style fourth wall breaks that the comics like to do, and thank God for that.
I love Deadpool, but I 100% agree. If everyone and everything was like Deadpool, it would get annoying and boring. They tried that with the Ultimate Spiderman (2012-2017) cartoon and it was annoying and very out of characters for Peter Parker. Not to mention, a lot of the supposed "heroic" characters were just plain assholes. Even Petey himself to worst degree. They show did try and fix this, but successful in some areas. Deadpool (voiced by Will Friedle) does show up ironically, does better 4th wall breaks than Spidey. I did like the arc where Spiderman meets up with different versions of Spider people. Better than most of the entire show.

EDIT: Remember when everyone tried to make a Joker style villain in films after The Dark Knight came out? It got old after the 1st year for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.