What are you currently playing?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I dunno what "Firefly" is so I can't speak to that, sorry.
Hand your nerd card back in :p

Serious answer, it was a rather short lived but well regarded sci-if western Joss Whedon made after Buffy and Angel. Great aesthetic, good scripting and fun characters. Have a goosey.

There has been a trend of less in-depth character customization in games because of SJWs. Look at Bioware, Rockstar, Bethesda, literally every other game but Capcom games have been like this.

In some games like Mass Effect Andromeda, and Red Dead Redemption 2, it's either very hard to make a good-looking character, or at the beginning, it's downright impossible.

And violence shouldn't be the only interaction, but I wouldn't ban it like what I imagine future SJWs doing. They want censorship not a diversity of games.
Mass Effect Andromeda had the same problem DragonAge Inquisition did, Frostbite is a crap engine for an RPG with character creation. Your artists can create plenty beautiful characters - Lilliana, Cassandra, Josie and Vivienne are all gorgeous and Cullen, Varric and Dorian are legendary fan bait - but the creation modules just don’t work very well unless you can move things down to the pixel.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Serious answer, it was a rather short lived but well regarded sci-if western Joss Whedon made after Buffy and Angel. Great aesthetic, good scripting and fun characters. Have a goosey.

Mass Effect Andromeda had the same problem DragonAge Inquisition did, Frostbite is a crap engine for an RPG with character creation. Your artists can create plenty beautiful characters - Lilliana, Cassandra, Josie and Vivienne are all gorgeous and Cullen, Varric and Dorian are legendary fan bait - but the creation modules just don’t work very well unless you can move things down to the pixel.
Lack of long hair, lack of face morphing, and etc.

Funny enough my plan was to use South Korea, and Japan as a way to get good-looking female character games, but in my mind, one or both countries will be liberalized, and become more progressive, and progressives almost always win in the end especially on social/cultural issues.

So my next plan was to use other countries like China, Indonesia, and India to have good looking female games sadly China flip-flops, and one day they are for games other days they aren't, and the two other countries haven't produced any notable AAA games to date.

So the next plane is to buy games from African countries, but their economic growth is slowing because of Covid-19, all of this is moot anyway. Progressives and liberals always win in the end, and they shouldn't on every issue because they are acting like goddamn puritans.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Lack of long hair, lack of face morphing, and etc.

Funny enough my plan was to use South Korea, and Japan as a way to get good-looking female character games, but in my mind, one or both countries will be liberalized, and become more progressive, and progressives almost always win in the end especially on social/cultural issues.

So my next plan was to use other countries like China, Indonesia, and India to have good looking female games sadly China flip-flops, and one day they are for games other days they aren't, and the two other countries haven't produced any notable AAA games to date.

So the next plane is to buy games from African countries, but their economic growth is slowing because of Covid-19, all of this is moot anyway. Progressives and liberals always win in the end, and they shouldn't on every issue because they are acting like goddamn puritans.
Your plan is insane.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
There has been a trend of less in-depth character customization in games because of SJWs. Look at Bioware, Rockstar, Bethesda, literally every other game but Capcom games have been like this.

In some games like Mass Effect Andromeda, and Red Dead Redemption 2, it's either very hard to make a good-looking character, or at the beginning, it's downright impossible.

And violence shouldn't be the only interaction, but I wouldn't ban it like what I imagine future SJWs doing. They want censorship not a diversity of games.
Wouldn't it be easier to just assume the character creators aren't very good? As opposed to a conspiracy to make your characters look terrible?

And since when did RDR2 have a character creator? As far as I know, you can style Arthur/John's hair/beard and dress him up and that's the extent of it. At best you can dowse them in hair tonic and never bathe so they look like mountain men and have them dress in animal skins to complete the ensemble. After you kill all the animals required to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I dunno what "Firefly" is so I can't speak to that, sorry.

Bioware and Bethesda aren't known for making great looking games and character creators are always pretty iffy at best, the face never really looks quite right or it takes like hours messing with a million sliders to do so. Where's the push to ban violence in games, it's the main fucking thing that sells games, it's not going anywhere. There can't be a SJW push in AAA video game development because AAA development is big business and big business wants to make all the moneys and you ain't going to do that pandering to consumer groups that are smaller than the biggest group. If such pandering has changed, it's because the consumer groups have changed and not because of some conspiracy. And Naughty Dog is seen as extremely "SJW" yet TLOU2 is super violent, where is this push to get rid of violent video games? Violence sells and it ain't going anywhere until it doesn't sell. Nobody is trying to take away your games for crying out loud, you're being ridiculous. And if your games are being "taken away" it's because you're no longer in the biggest consumer group and thus no longer being pandered too.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be easier to just assume the character creators aren't very good? As opposed to a conspiracy to make your characters look terrible?

And since when did RDR2 have a character creator? As far as I know, you can style Arthur/John's hair/beard and dress him up and that's the extent of it. At best you can dowse them in hair tonic and never bathe so they look like mountain men and have them dress in animal skins to complete the ensemble. After you kill all the animals required to do so.
The multiplayer(Red Dead Online) has a character creator, and it used to suck, and still lacks face morphing, and long hair.

Your plan is insane.
Well, do you have any idea about getting good-looking character creation games without interference from SJW interest groups? My plan is basically to buy from countries without progressive movements, and or countries that are male-dominated or love free speech.

Bioware and Bethesda aren't known for making great looking games and character creators are always pretty iffy at best, the face never really looks quite right or it takes like hours messing with a million sliders to do so. Where's the push to ban violence in games, it's the main fucking thing that sells games, it's not going anywhere. There can't be a SJW push in AAA video game development because AAA development is big business and big business wants to make all the moneys and you ain't going to do that pandering to consumer groups that are smaller than the biggest group. If such pandering has changed, it's because the consumer groups have changed and not because of some conspiracy. And Naughty Dog is seen as extremely "SJW" yet TLOU2 is super violent, where is this push to get rid of violent video games? Violence sells and it ain't going anywhere until it doesn't sell. Nobody is trying to take away your games for crying out loud, you're being ridiculous. And if your games are being "taken away" it's because you're no longer in the biggest consumer group and thus no longer being pandered too.
I never said conspiracy I meant SJW interests groups that lobby, advise, and consult game companies to not have good looking-characters, character creation, or just have good looking male characters, but not female characters

So the only people worth pandering to are the largest majority, what about niche games, what about mods. I am afraid of bans on X, Y, Z. Bans on this mod or that mod. Bans on "sexist" games.

Also, I like TLOU2, there were good looking characters in it, and there was violence. But in the future, that may change.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Outlaw Star is better.
Trigun's better than Outlaw Star, but I think we're getting a little off topic.

OT: Still Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. Last monster I knocked over was Malfestio, who was actually pretty easy despite the confusion gimmick.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The multiplayer(Red Dead Online) has a character creator, and it used to suck, and still lacks face morphing, and long hair.

Well, do you have any idea about getting good-looking character creation games without interference from SJW interest groups? My plan is basically to buy from countries without progressive movements, and or countries that are male-dominated or love free speech.

I never said conspiracy I meant SJW interests groups that lobby, advise, and consult game companies to not have good looking-characters, character creation, or just have good looking male characters, but not female characters

So the only people worth pandering to are the largest majority, what about niche games, what about mods. I am afraid of bans on X, Y, Z. Bans on this mod or that mod. Bans on "sexist" games.

Also, I like TLOU2, there were good looking characters in it, and there was violence. But in the future, that may change.
I think you need a holiday from video games and the internet if those are your only criteria.

Reactions: Dirty Hipsters

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Also to the people replying to me, did you literally forget the Dead Or Alive 6 controversy?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I think you need a holiday from video games and the internet if those are your only criteria.
And do what, we are literally in the middle of a pandemic, and people at my local park don't wear masks.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Outlaw Star is better.
Eh, the ending is pretty underwhelming.

What interest groups are going to succeed in telling big companies to make less money because it's "the right thing to do"? When has that ever happened in history? I'm talking about AAA video gaming here (because you claimed that Western AAA are "EssJayDubyas"), they wants all the moneys, they're gonna make games that appeal to the most people possible so the most people possible buy the game. Niche games like Breath of the Waifu are the games where you can "escape from" the "EssJayDubyas", are they not? Niche games are gonna appeal to their niche audiences like they always have or have the "EssJayDubyas" claimed victory in the AAA industry and are spreading out?

Yeah, but Western AAA games have become more SJW based despite SJWs not playing video games.
This sentence makes 0 logical sense. Again, "EssJayDubyas" have convinced major companies to make less money?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Also to the people replying to me, did you literally forget the Dead Or Alive 6 controversy?
No, but that was Koei Tecmo trying and failing to appeal to people who did not like or give a shit about them in the first place. Plus, that game was a DLC nightmare. Save the "SJW/Anti-SJW" bullshit for another topic. This thread is about what we're playing.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nope, the ending is pretty underwhelming.
It's not about the ending. It's about the journey leading to the Galactic Leyline. The ending was pretty much the adventure continues with the crew becoming legendary. A satisfying conclusion in my opinion and many others fans. I never heard fan complain once about the ending as far as I know, so that is a first. A lot of people like to compare Outlaw Star to Cowboy Bebop unfairly, but they are two completely different shows with barely any similarities.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Eh, the ending is pretty underwhelming.

What interest groups are going to succeed in telling big companies to make less money because it's "the right thing to do"? When has that ever happened in history? I'm talking about AAA video gaming here (because you claimed that Western AAA are "EssJayDubyas"), they wants all the moneys, they're gonna make games that appeal to the most people possible so the most people possible buy the game. Niche games like Breath of the Waifu are the games where you can "escape from" the "EssJayDubyas", are they not? Niche games are gonna appeal to their niche audiences like they always have or have the "EssJayDubyas" claimed victory in the AAA industry and are spreading out?

This sentence makes 0 logical sense. Again, "EssJayDubyas" have convinced major companies to make less money?
I would argue niche, and AAA are not mutually exclusive as they are subjective terms. Also examples of SJW interest groups, and yes SJW progressive elites(Yeah I know I didn't mention them, and I am changing the goal post), and the general movement of SJWs against good-looking characters.

An AAA game in my mind is a game with a large budget, that's it. A niche game is a game that doesn't cater to the majority of gamers, and or people. (Both could be Ace Combat 7 for example or Flight sim games, or X4 Foundations)

Also, SJW interests groups are basically diversity consultants, Antia S. patreon supporters, and etc.

Also Dead or Alive 6 that is all.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No, but that was Koei Tecmo trying and failing to appeal to people who did not like or give a shit about them in the first place. Plus, that game was a DLC nightmare. Save the "SJW/Anti-SJW" bullshit for another topic. This thread is about we're playing.
No, your right...

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

So like an american live action tv show? Yeah that's definitely not in my ballpark or a fandom I've ever been a part of lol.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's not about the ending. It's about the journey leading to the Galactic Leyline. The ending was pretty much the adventure continues with the crew becoming legendary. A satisfying conclusion in my opinion and many others fans. I never heard fan complain once about the ending as far as I know, so that is a first. A lot of people like to compare Outlaw Star to Cowboy Bebop unfairly, but they are two completely different shows with barely any similarities.
The friend I borrowed the DVDs said the same thing when he asked me how I liked the show. Firefly is some of the very best TV ever. Outlaw Star was an overall enjoyable fun show, but never strived for anything more really.

I would argue niche, and AAA are not mutually exclusive as they are subjective terms. Also examples of SJW interest groups, and yes SJW progressive elites(Yeah I know I didn't mention them, and I am changing the goal post), and the general movement of SJWs against good-looking characters.

An AAA game in my mind is a game with a large budget, that's it. A niche game is a game that doesn't cater to the majority of gamers, and or people. (Both could be Ace Combat 7 for example or Flight sim games, or X4 Foundations)

Also, SJW interests groups are basically diversity consultants, Antia S. patreon supporters, and etc.

Also Dead or Alive 6 that is all.
Again, if these "interest groups" are influencing video game development and causing games to be made that less gamers like, then how don't they just get completely ignored the second the influenced game comes out and sells less than expected or less than the previous game? Or just maybe the gamer community has changed over time and what sold the best 20 years ago no longer sells the best today? Maybe the gamer community got tied of playing as gravelly voiced white guys with short hair?

So like an american live action tv show? Yeah that's definitely not in my ballpark or a fandom I've ever been a part of lol.
How do you know what you think are the best TV shows are really the best TV shows if you don't dip your toes in all the pools?