Not open for further replies.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
My thread got locked due to heated debate. I would like it to be unlocked at least until election night.

Edit: Judgement Day is upon us.

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
As a non-American citizen my opinion shouldn't matter in this election. I do have my preferences but since I am not directly impacted by the policies of the White House my perspective could say more of the media I consume and the perspectives they highlight. I will therefore only say this message:

If you are an American citizen and have even the slightest of preference of which candidate you'd like to win the election, I sincerely suggest that you cast your vote.

That is all.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
We have been asked to lock any Current Events threads which veer into personal territory. Heated debate is fine, but when it becomes about the other person's character rather than their argument, that's when we have a problem.

This shouldn't be taken as a prohibition on creating further 2020 election threads, mind.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It's not very nice that one or two people can ruin it for everyone

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As a non-American citizen my opinion shouldn't matter in this election. I do have my preferences but since I am not directly impacted by the policies of the White House my perspective could say more of the media I consume and the perspectives they highlight. I will therefore only say this message:

If you are an American citizen and have even the slightest of preference of which candidate you'd like to win the election, I sincerely suggest that you cast your vote.

That is all.
Already done.

Also, I live in a solid blue state so some of my votes won't make a damn bit of difference.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I got my mail-in ballot a month or so ago but I'm very likely just going to go to the polls myself to vote. Unlike a lot of the country, I live in an area that generally doesn't get the stupid long lines that you see in the news; I think the longest I've ever had to wait at my polling place was 30 minutes and that's cause I went right at 5pm and likely ran into everyone else thinking right after work was a good time to go vote. I got the mail-in ballot because at the time they were available to be requested, I had no idea what COVID was going to look like so I wanted to have my bases covered if Minnesota turned into a shit-show like some of the other states...

I do see that I can just drop it in the mail-box (at least according to these instructions) so maybe I'll just do that instead of going to the actual polling place. While minimal risk given Minnesota's handling of COVID, me staying away is just one less person that the Poll Worker people have to worry about getting them sick.

Reactions: lil devils x

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
We have been asked to lock any Current Events threads which veer into personal territory. Heated debate is fine, but when it becomes about the other person's character rather than their argument, that's when we have a problem.

This shouldn't be taken as a prohibition on creating further 2020 election threads, mind.
Yeah, but it might have been better if a mod just went into the thread and gave a friendly warning. Now we have to start from scratch. I totally put so much work into that thread.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Lets have a bit of a refresher on the orange man, shall we.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
He should have made this last week .
He isn't saying anything there that hasn't been said millions of times now. People just seem to have a selective memory. For some strange reason when anyone does anything even remotely questionable it is so bad they should be driven out of office. When Trump does so much worse and blatant, people act like it is no big deal. Makes no sense at all tbh. He has no plans to help the US or anyone else, the policies he does have are malicious and vindictive and directly harm the people but people still give him a free pass and I have no idea why. Trump is responsible for 130,000+ American deaths but people are not even ashamed to wave his flags and openly support him when they really really should be.

Reactions: Dalisclock

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Already done.

Also, I live in a solid blue state so some of my votes won't make a damn bit of difference.
I live in Texas. Everyone keeps saying it could go blue, but I will believe it when I see it. My district though is pretty solidly red and I see a sea of trump flags and signs everywhere and receive KKK flyers on my door and car so I am doubtful my vote actually matters all that much here. I already voted, but it would take a lot for me to believe my district could flip. I have not seen any Biden Harris signs here, though it likely would be dangerous for people to even brave putting them out, even if they do support them due to the sheer number of far right extremists in the area tbh.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So is this the new election thread, or is this the thread ABOUT the election thread?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I got my mail-in ballot a month or so ago but I'm very likely just going to go to the polls myself to vote. Unlike a lot of the country, I live in an area that generally doesn't get the stupid long lines that you see in the news; I think the longest I've ever had to wait at my polling place was 30 minutes and that's cause I went right at 5pm and likely ran into everyone else thinking right after work was a good time to go vote. I got the mail-in ballot because at the time they were available to be requested, I had no idea what COVID was going to look like so I wanted to have my bases covered if Minnesota turned into a shit-show like some of the other states...

I do see that I can just drop it in the mail-box (at least according to these instructions) so maybe I'll just do that instead of going to the actual polling place. While minimal risk given Minnesota's handling of COVID, me staying away is just one less person that the Poll Worker people have to worry about getting them sick.
Yea, usually here we have a lot of elderly, retired poll workers, and they are also a vulnerable population. I hope they too make it through this okay. I worry that the people we most have to worry about spreading it are the ones who are also the least considerate. You are lucky they allow anyone to vote by mail in Minnesota, here they have special requirements and have been battling it out in court to even allow people to have ballot drop boxes.

We have people walking around pulling their masks below their noses and taking them off in these spaces even after being told to wear them for the safety of others, but they often don't seem to care if they are the ones who are responsible for making others sick. When I was at the post office the other day, A woman walked in with her mask off, pulled what looked like an ineffective sequin sparkle mesh mask out of her purse after a postal worker asked her politely to put it on. Then she pulled it down below her nose and walked past everyone ignoring all the social distancing marks on the floor, brushing up against me and others and then she put her hand on my shoulder while leaning over me to access an envelope on a stand. I moved out of the way and am sure the look on my face was not pleasant at the time. She then licks her fingers thumbing through them WHILE they are on the stand, so if anyone else needs an envelope later, they will be getting one with her saliva all over it. It was just rude and gross and thoughtless.

I imagine for poll workers, they are going to have tons of people like that, but so much worse.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So is this the new election thread, or is this the thread ABOUT the election thread?
I think we just accepted it as the election thread. Marik made the first one so he should make the second one anyhow. Whatever works until someone comes in and starts shitposting again.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I live in Texas. Everyone keeps saying it could go blue, but I will believe it when I see it. My district though is pretty solidly red and I see a sea of trump flags and signs everywhere and receive KKK flyers on my door and car so I am doubtful my vote actually matters all that much here. I already voted, but it would take a lot for me to believe my district could flip. I have not seen any Biden Harris signs here, though it likely would be dangerous for people to even brave putting them out, even if they do support them due to the sheer number of far right extremists in the area tbh.
In 2016 I saw trump signs here, none in 2020. I did see some when I went outside the city, but I saw just as many Biden ones.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
In 2016 I saw trump signs here, none in 2020. I did see some when I went outside the city, but I saw just as many Biden ones.
At least that is an improvement. If I saw that happen here I would be elated! But no, even this morning when going out, only a sea of Trump signs , bumper stickers and confederate flags as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.