Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I keep seeing these allegations there a bunch of sex stuff on there too. Not that any of this has been leaked to the press or we've have seen it by now.
The laptop issue adds evidence heretofore not seen that Biden lied and was engaged in corruption. He helped his family sell his office, in this case, to Burisma. If I have but one thing I would write advocating Trump over Biden it is this: When someone our corporate elite like is in office, the corporate legacy media goes to sleep. A pass is given by them. Heck, at this time, they are covering for Joe Biden. The top story should be that he appears to be going senile. His 1988 scandals should have made him a joke of a candidate. The ridicule should be non-stop. But when someone they don't like is in office, they wake back up and pay attention.

Last edited:

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Trump really sees himself this way.
Maybe. I think Trump believes he's completely awesome, but he's also a colossal bullshitter who doesn't necessarily believe anything he says. When he says (for instance) that he's not a racist he might not believe that - he just knows what he needs to say to look as good as possible.

I keep seeing these allegations there a bunch of sex stuff on there too. Not that any of this has been leaked to the press or we've have seen it by now.
There might be. But if it's only Hunter Biden, it's not necessarily election useful. I think there's a real risk that people would see humiliating Hunter Biden over sexual exploits as a pathetic and dishonourable way of trying to get at his father, and it would actually have the opposite effect of generating disgust primarily for the media and Republican operatives pushing it. They might post it after the election, mind, for prurient glee.

The other issue is that apparently there's a fuss about this at the New York Post. Allegedly, the writer of that Ukrainian businessman piece was so concerned about the provenance and quality of the material behind the scoop that he refused to put his name to it. If that's the feeling about it in their offices, I suspect the New York Post will be unwilling to push more from it.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
This is funny:
He keeps stealing people's work without their permission and they are fed up with it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
He keeps stealing people's work without their permission and they are fed up with it.
From your YMCA article:

[Trump's] use thus far of Y.M.C.A. is perfectly legal under current copyright law."
I'm so fed up with Trump *shuffles cards* using music in a perfectly legal way!

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
From your YMCA article:

I'm so fed up with Trump *shuffles cards* using music in a perfectly legal way!
Trump's use of THAT song is legal due to their release years ago to allow the Navy to use it for recruitment. That does not apply to ANY of the other songs that are not under release. Though, the leader of the Village People did ask him to stop using the song:

"NME reports that Trump has now finally stopped using "You Can't Always Get What You Want," but that he's instead using "YMCA" by The Village People, whose leader Victor Willis has asked him to not use their music but whose "hands are tied because as [Willis has] said before, [Trump's] use thus far of Y.M.C.A. is perfectly legal under current copyright law."

None of Trump's other use of other's music is covered under The Village People's release for the YMCA to be used. At least try to be accurate here. Trump can only legally use music that the creators have signed a release for, he does not do that.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yes, that's exactly what I said.
That in no way contradicts :"He keeps stealing people's work without their permission and they are fed up with it."
Trump is piling up a good number of cease and desist orders from creators who he is illegally using their music as well. Creators being fed up with it is exactly the proper way to express their disgust with Trump stealing their work. The Village people not approving of him using their work and mocking him for it ALSO falls under " being fed up" as well even if they cannot sue for that specific song.

For Example:
"Fogerty says he's issuing a cease and desist order"
"Neil Young Sues Donald Trump Campaign Over Unauthorized Use of His Music"
“The BMI have notified the Trump campaign on behalf of the Stones that the unauthorized use of their songs will constitute a breach of its licensing agreement.”
"In a statement released on Twitter, Tom Petty's daughters Adria and Annakim, widow Dana, and ex-wife Jane Petty wrote that they'd "issued an official cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign."
"Rihanna's team sent a cease-and-desist notice to the White House."
"R.E.M. said they sent a cease-and-desist notice to Donald Trump."
"Pharrell Williams had his lawyer send Trump a cease-and-desist notice."

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That in no way contradicts :"He keeps stealing people's work without their permission and they are fed up with it."
No, it doesn't.

I'm just pointing out that YMCA isn't one of those examples of "stolen work" or "illegal use"

Also, regarding Fortunate Son, your TMZ article says "John made it clear, he doesn't endorse DT. There have been other attempts to get Trump to stop playing other songs at his rallies, but the law allows it."

So there's another non-example.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
No, it doesn't.

I'm just pointing out that YMCA isn't one of those examples of "stolen work" or "illegal use"

Also, regarding Fortunate Son, your TMZ article says "John made it clear, he doesn't endorse DT. There have been other attempts to get Trump to stop playing other songs at his rallies, but the law allows it."

So there's another non-example.
No, YMCA was the one beings spoofed in the SNL video.

The statement on the law depends on each individual song and who owns the rights and what contracts they fall under. Many songs Trump uses do not fall under that blanket statement. The appropriate thing to do is to seek the creators permission before using their songs:

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Also, "cease and desist" letters are not proof of illegal activity, nor is beginning legal proceedings proof of wrongdoing.
Whether or not anything wrong was done is a decision for a judge. A judge has yet to hear any of these cases, as far as I know.

So it looks like the most you can say is "a bunch of musicians are fed up and allege wrongdoing".

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Also, "cease and desist" letters are not proof of illegal activity, nor is beginning legal proceedings proof of wrongdoing.
Whether or not anything wrong was done is a decision for a judge. A judge has yet to hear any of these cases, as far as I know.

So it looks like the most you can say is "a bunch of musicians are fed up and allege wrongdoing".
Isn't that what I did?

Of course who wins the suit is up to the judge, however, the cease and desist letter is the first step to establishing grounds to sue. They are building their case against trump by establishing they made it clear to Trump he did not have their permission.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Among other things, you said "He keeps stealing people's work", and "he is illegally using their music" which has not yet been proven.
"Any use of copyrighted material without permission is, according to U.S. copyright law, copyright infringement. It does not matter if you use one second or the entire song, using copyrighted materials without the consent or permission of the copyright owner, constitutes copyright infringement."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=822996f8-5476-49ef-bd3e-e05369631c3e

It is illegal if he has not been given permission to do so by the person who owns the copyright.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
"Any use of copyrighted material without permission is, according to U.S. copyright law, copyright infringement. It does not matter if you use one second or the entire song, using copyrighted materials without the consent or permission of the copyright owner, constitutes copyright infringement."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=822996f8-5476-49ef-bd3e-e05369631c3e
You can make allegations that Trump has done something illegal all you like. That doesn't make it so. A judge makes it so. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You can make allegations that Trump has done something illegal all you like. That doesn't make it so. A judge makes it so. Innocent until proven guilty, right?
That is like saying " it has been alleged that the guy in black here hit the window"

Trump is just as innocent as this guy. LOL

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That is like saying " it has been alleged that the guy in black here hit the window"
Trump is just as innocent as this guy. LOL
"hit the window" and "is vandalizing a storefront" are two different claims. One is a legal accusation. The other is not.
And yes, both are innocent until proven guilty.

This is the last I will say on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.