USA
The PS5 unboxing has begun!

IGN just made one about an hour ago.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Man it is HUMONGOUS. It definitely won't fit in the space my PS4 is currently taking up.

I like the surface detail, but I do have to wonder how much the molds cost. Marques said they're embossed, but they look more like they're debossed to me? Which is why I assume they use a mold.

But man the look has really grown on me. The huge size seems like it would be a downside, but when you compare it to the Series X, I think the more traditional shape is actually more advantageous. Interesting that both Sony and Microsoft decided to go with designing their consoles to be primarily vertical, I'd assume most people prefer their consoles on their sides.

Reactions: gorfias

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Skill up talks about the controller here and he says the haptic feedback is badass.
Any wait to see how Demon’s Souls and God of War play with that. Also Guerrilla Games needs to make another Killzone because the adaptive triggers are primed for FPS.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Any wait to see how Demon’s Souls and God of War play with that. Also Guerrilla Games needs to make another Killzone because the adaptive triggers are primed for FPS.
Yeah it should be really exciting with Demon's Souls. Also Racing games will be dope to feel the road and such. I will never play FPS on consoles though, I've played too many on keyboard and mouse that trying to play on a controller is an unscalable hurdle for me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah it should be really exciting with Demon's Souls. Also Racing games will be dope to feel the road and such. I will never play FPS on consoles though, I've played too many on keyboard and mouse that trying to play on a controller is an unscalable hurdle for me.
You can do controls on FPS!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

The controller will likely be enough of a deciding factor for anyone on the fence between which console to get, let alone exclusives that will take the biggest advantage of it.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
So is there really no way to pre order this? I really wanted to get one so I can flip it for a profit on craigslist or ebay.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
And then a year later they will release PS5 slim. I like the look of it, but not so much the color scheme. It just reminds me of Apple. They should have gone with blue and black perhaps.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And then a year later they will release PS5 slim. I like the look of it, but not so much the color scheme. It just reminds me of Apple. They should have gone with blue and black perhaps.
The unboxers have said that sony told them the white plates are removable and 3rd party makers will make other plates. The same way the 360 had third party faceplate options.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
And then a year later they will release PS5 slim.
Which will address and improve on all the engineering issues that were overlooked. Consumers are just part of the development cycle, but they pay for the privilege of it.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Nice. Can't wait to play Demon's Souls in 3 weeks.

It's a big, ugly console but the controller looks really nice. Really curious how haptic feedback will work in DeS

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Which will address and improve on all the engineering issues that were overlooked. Consumers are just part of the development cycle, but they pay for the privilege of it.
Which is why people shouldn't buy any new tech early. I don't like paying a company to be a product tester.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Nice. Can't wait to play Demon's Souls in 3 weeks.

It's a big, ugly console but the controller looks really nice. Really curious how haptic feedback will work in DeS
My console actually sits on a shelf behind my tv so out of sight out of mind. Demon's Souls is gonna be killer, i missed the original release and i cant way to play a remade version with modern refinements in place.