Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
You don't accept the results of the electoral vote?
As bullshit as I find the concept, I accept it. Like Johnny, my contention was with the "more people think you are wrong than right" bit, with more people thinking immortal was right even though Trump won last time if you catch my drift.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
View attachment 1378

You asked him to share the polls just so you could vet them... and prove he's wrong! Debunked! Why would you walk around with this kind of attitude. Why would you just eviscerate him, is this fun for you?
Ah yes, they didn't talk nicely enough in the exact way you like. Therefore they are bad.

Also, who believes Smollet?

Reactions: CaitSeith

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
And now for the official Electoral Theme Song:
Two incompetent factions fighting over a useless piece of real estate that's subject to outside interferance and lots of conspiracy.

Sounds about right.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Gonna be honest, I genuinely think Biden’s lead and the volume of early in person voting combined with the meager preparation in battleground states probably adds up to an otherwise uneventful Biden landslide, but given I called the worst case version of this on Super Tuesday I’m still more right than the Johnny come latelies to apocalyptic predictions if the worst happens and Trump pulls a judicial coup.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It does feel like some social media sites are trying to algorithmically undermine any kind of viral panic over the election. It’s one of the reasons I’m leaning toward Biden just winning outright, they finally learned something approaching a lesson.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
<Tomorrow the internet goes dark>
"You see, everything's a Democrat / Big Tech conspiracy. If Donald Trump hasn't won, it's a Democratic / Big Tech conspiracy. If Donald Trump claims he's won or doesn't claim he's won, it's a Democratic / Big Tech conspiracy. If you can find exactly what you want on an internet search as literally the very first result, it's a Democratic / Big Tech conspiracy. If your cat vomits, it's a Democratic / Big Tech conspiracy. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!"

Really, this election is going to be about as valid as any of the last dozen - the usual shit about voter rolls and purges, gerrymandering, a few problems like hanging chads, but basically virtually no real, dedicated fraud.

And yet despite election after election showing virtually no fraud, more and more Americans are convinced of fraud. They're so convinced of fraud that the only reason no-one can find any is because THEY don't want you to find out, where THEY is whoever is on their shitlist, because when there's no evidence anyone's doing it, you're free to accuse anyone. Why do so many people believe fraud? Because they keep being told there is fraud by people who can't identify fraud or provide evidence of fraud. And we all know the more people say something with enough conviction, the more people believe it anyway.

Left unchecked, eventually the people will destroy their own democracy because they don't trust it anymore, and on that point, as the winning side hoists their dictator into power, they will cheer that finally the non-existent corruption has been destroyed.

If there is anything I would like to urge Americans, it's the next time someone suggests to you mass fraud, look that person in the eyes and say "I'll believe it when you prove it". Have some more faith in your country, its institutions, and your countrymen. Don't feed the trolls, give the crazies oxygen, share their posts and repeat their unfounded fears. Otherwise not this year, maybe not 2024 or 2028, but eventually, you and your countrymen will be trying to burn each other and the country down.

Reactions: CaitSeith and Kwak

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Post your prediction or just your fantasy.

Texas and Florida going blue seems unlikely to me with their governments likely to fuck that over, but I do think AZ and NC will go blue, creating a similar result.
444E2712-B2FC-4B2C-8DF1-43CD1C46D726.png
edit: also don’t know about Minnesota going red. Iowa sure, though I have faith in corn prices.
Edit2: well now I just look stupid for taking you seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.