Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
So even if Biden wins, yesterday was a pretty big loss for the core dem party, that it even got to this state against Trump, and if the senate doesn't flip. But you know who won?

Yeah, 1930s Germany here we come.

In all fairness, I am glad justice democrats got bigger.

Reactions: Revnak

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So even if Biden wins, yesterday was a pretty big loss for the core dem party, that it even got to this state against Trump, and if the senate doesn't flip. But you know who won?

Biden probably owes Michigan to Tlaib increasing turnout in Detroit.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah, 1930s Germany here we come.

In all fairness, I am glad justice democrats got bigger.
Well, fighting in the streets, an ineffective government, disease, an economic downturn, and questionable legitimacy of that government? Weimerica.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
We got to wait 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time tell us a small bit of the remaining votes.

At this point it really does feel like Arizona and Nevada are just fucking with us

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Saw a funny comment I thought I should share:

"Martha [McSally] is the greatest gift to Arizona Democrats in a long time. Singlehandedly turned each senate seat blue."

Reactions: Revnak

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
We got to wait 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time tell us a small bit of the remaining votes.

At this point it really does feel like Arizona and Nevada are just fucking with us
Nevada is going to hold out because they know they're in for a hellstorm of lawyers the if they're the decider.

Again BBC has 7,800 votes in it with~190,000 left to count.

That level of slim margin is going to see recounts and challenges.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Even if Nevada is called today, it'll go straight to recount and be trapped in court ruling for the forceable future (along with plenty of other state), so it's not like it'll make much of a difference.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Nevada is going to hold out because they know they're in for a hellstorm of lawyers the if they're the decider.

Again BBC has 7,800 votes in it with~190,000 left to count.

That level of slim margin is going to see recounts and challenges.
Nevada scheduled to release mail in ballots count on Thursday before the election.

I also don’t understand why mail in ballots couldn’t be counted before in person. That did make sense to me

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Even if Nevada is called today, it'll go straight to recount and be trapped in court ruling for the forceable future (along with plenty of other state), so it's not like it'll make much of a difference.
Recounts will be in every state that goes blue which weren’t decided last night when Trump went to sleep.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Nevada scheduled to release mail in ballots count on Thursday before the election.

I also don’t understand why mail in ballots couldn’t be counted before in person. That did make sense to me
America is a failed state.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What's the difference? Either way you're watching people get fucked

Heyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thank you, I'll be here all night! Don't forget to tip your waitress!
Last restaurant I went to, I asked to add a tip onto the credit card payment and they told me that the restaurant had ended tips and increased the prices of the meal to cover the staff getting paid a decent wage.

Oh, the bliss. May such an enlightened practice spread.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Last restaurant I went to, I asked to add a tip onto the credit card payment and they told me that the restaurant had ended tips and increased the prices of the meal to cover the staff getting paid a decent wage.

Oh, the bliss. May such an enlightened practice spread.
Weird. You'd think they'd just raise prices and not tell you, so you tip anyway. 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.