Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oddly it's really not clear cut because I'm sure if people had an actual conversation with J.K. Rowling they'd find that she holds fairly nuanced views and would probably consider what is often referred to as "Socially transitioned" people as perfectly fine but have a bit of an issue with people who call themselves I don't know "Secret Gamer Gril" online and claim to be Trans when it's revealed they're actually a Bald guy with a big bushy beard called Brian wanting to use women's bathrooms.
So Rowling is okay with socially transitioned people until she meets a socially transitioned person who isn't appropriately feminine, which would require far more than social transitioning?

Yeah, she's a TERF. You're merely a TE

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If you make an explicitly anti-Muslim law when Muslims do not pose a threat in any way, shape, or form in any version of reality, that is bigoted bullshit. For fuck's sake, Sharia Law means "Law Law". It wasn't even framed as a ban on religious laws, which I'd be fine with. That Bullock was willing to call bullshit for what it was doesn't make him a progressive. He's one of those "reach across the aisle" moderate liberals for fucks sake
A lot of Muslims don't like Sharia Law anyway as a concept.

Being against it would fall in line with other progressive values.

Getting passed it means you can get on to more important issues.

Well RPGs aren't a big threat but I'm sure some states have laws against them lol.

As for "Reaching across the Isle"

Oh no, being willing to co-operate to move forward rather than trying to win by domination on a small point that ultimately means very little and harms basically no-one but will efficiently deal with the fears of some fools?

guess you should just keep fighting to dominate all

So Rowling is okay with socially transitioned people until she meets a socially transitioned person who isn't appropriately feminine, which would require far more than social transitioning?

Yeah, she's a TERF. You're merely a TE
Does saying he's Trans count as enough for Brain to be Trans?

Cause you know I kind of see how that could be abused and maybe you know a dysphoria diagnosis at least might be you know a good idea as a standard of belief.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
The citizens of terf island are easily offended
I'm enjoying the shitshow, really. Waiting for people to realize their mistake, when some big-name athlete transitions into a woman and demolishes all sports records for her field in a month. Or something else, like this trans person that likes to sue people goes into the ladies room with your daughter in it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
God, is this still going?

No wonder the thread (apparently?) went off topic.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
God, is this still going?

No wonder the thread (apparently?) went off topic.
Same, how is it about JK Rowling now???

Anyway, the hell is taking so long, I thought Biden only needed like a handful more votes to win?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Anyway, the hell is taking so long, I thought Biden only needed like a handful more votes to win?
My view is that the states are playing chicken - Biden only needs one more state to win.

Though in reality, it's too close to call right now.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I do not miss
More Dems had heard about Qanon than Reps. This is a disinfo psy-op, and had been for a long time.

edit: only democrats think Trump is supportive of Qanon

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I think it's that in many states they don't need the full count to be able to call it, it becomes apparent by the lead. For instance right now CA is only at 66% reporting according to AP (NYT had like 77%? not sure correct but not relevant to main point) but Biden vs Trump is 65% to 33%. So they call it and people aren't that concerned by the rest to know the outcome. For GA we are gonna need 100%

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Same, how is it about JK Rowling now???

Whichever state declares it ultimately will face a recount call. Hell all the ones within like 20,000 votes or so will and some are down to 2,000 votes difference now.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Whichever state declares it ultimately will face a recount call. Hell all the ones within like 20,000 votes or so will and some are down to 2,000 votes difference now.
I can imagine all the volunteers wiped out waiting for some other state to declare it so they wouldn't be forced to recount by the courts

Reactions: Hawki

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I can imagine all the volunteers wiped out waiting for some other state to declare it so they wouldn't be forced to recount by the courts
Worse still because of Trump's claims of election interference it might be a 100% hand count with none of the machine recorded results being able to be used.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
More Dems had heard about Qanon than Reps. This is a disinfo psy-op, and had been for a long time.
Bro I got family (that I no longer talk to, but whatever) that’s whole hog into it and my brother-in-law got caught in one of their dumbass “save the kids” rallies for a couple weeks. My dad shared some Qanon COVID denial videos and I had to explain what the fuck he was into. Please. You know fuckall about how it has spread, particularly during lockdown. There were fucking Qanon rallies in the UK. There was the guy who brought a bunch of guns to the dam, and plenty of other examples of guys who fell hard for Qanon then tried to do an act of terror when it fucked up. How about the divorced parents who’ve kidnapped their kids because they swear the spouse with custody is selling them to the Cabal?
This shit always sounds dumb and impossible until people kill someone over it, and here we have a nice example of someone clearly trying to the moment it looks like “the plan” has failed. You wanna boil it down to boomers falling for shitposts because you’re too irony poisoned to give a damn anymore, that’s your prerogative, but the wonderful pattern with terrorists is they’re usually very dumb and silly on some level until they kill people. Fun example, I live in the state home to the largest act of biological terrorism ever carried out in the United States. Carried out by a weird Hindu-Hippie New Wave cult.
edit: only democrats think Trump is supportive of Qanon
And Qanon followers.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Bro I got family (that I no longer talk to, but whatever) that’s whole hog into it and my brother-in-law got caught in one of their dumbass “save the kids” rallies for a couple weeks. My dad shared some Qanon COVID denial videos and I had to explain what the fuck he was into. Please. You know fuckall about how it has spread, particularly during lockdown. There were fucking Qanon rallies in the UK. There was the guy who brought a bunch of guns to the dam, and plenty of other examples of guys who fell hard for Qanon then tried to do an act of terror when it fucked up. How about the divorced parents who’ve kidnapped their kids because they swear the spouse with custody is selling them to the Cabal?
This shit always sounds dumb and impossible until people kill someone over it, and here we have a nice example of someone clearly trying to the moment it looks like “the plan” has failed. You wanna boil it down to boomers falling for shitposts because you’re too irony poisoned to give a damn anymore, that’s your prerogative, but the wonderful pattern with terrorists is they’re usually very dumb and silly on some level until they kill people. Fun example, I live in the state home to the largest act of biological terrorism ever carried out in the United States. Carried out by a weird Hindu-Hippie New Wave cult.

And Qanon followers.
"know fuck all"
I provided you with facts and logic, which they do not care about your feelings and anecdotal evidence. How does it FEEL to FACE the FACTS? It shows that more Dems know about Reps, and that majority of those Dems connect it with Trump.

ah the fun fact was amazing, I saw a doco about it - the story is worthy of a film adaptation

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
"know fuck all"
I provided you with facts and logic, which they do not care about your feelings and anecdotal evidence. How does it FEEL to FACE the FACTS?
Iron I’ve spent literal days on Qanon shit when my family started falling for it. I don’t gotta prove shit to you, nor do I care to. Go be an edgy channer somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.