Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Imagine that. People that you lump into progressive because of their race/sex/sexuality. Just gonna put it out there but being a gay person doesn't automatically put you in as a progressive. Or trans. Or black. Because that is stupid

I think you've been Onioned, bro

The part where you advocated for burning things because you didn't like them? Here's a bit of a reminder:

Then you pretended you didn't because getting offended is bad

Yeah. I blew right past it because you aren't interest in having a conversation. Like what's the point? You just going to pretend your right and I'm wrong. I got it man, you think I'm wrong. Dont worry, Gillette will be fine without you or me
Show me where I advocated for "burning things because I did like them". The reminder doesn't have any of that. I haven't moved on because you still haven't explained your accusations. You're saying nonsense.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Show me where I advocated for "burning things because I did like them". The reminder doesn't have any of that. I haven't moved on because you still haven't explained your accusations. You're saying nonsense.
Usually the "I dont like it, burn it" crowd are the progressive people who think the product it too normal.

Normal people don't really get upset about the "woke" movies/games/comics, etc. They just don't buy it. Thus......the "going broke" part.

That's kind of the confusing part right. There is this loud online push for more representation, but when that stuff comes out they either don't buy, don't watch, or don't otherwise support. It's almost as if all they want to do is yell and scream for things just to yell and scream about it, but don't actually care about the actual media when it gets made.

The only result is companies try to please these loud people, and the only result of it is flopped movies and shit comic books.

The Batwoman CW show, failed. Every women in the show was a Lesbian, the women were the heroes, and the show had some of the worse ratings on TV. So bad that the star bailed as soon as she could. What did CW do? They sat around and said to themselves, "Clearly we aren't progressive enough, let's make Batwoman a black lesbian this time." They are actually doubling down on the progressiveness instead of sitting down and trying to fix their writing.

There is nothing wrong with female driven shows and games. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, says Hi. But you need to make genuine characters, not stereotypes.

If they want to make a "progressive" product, then fine. But you can't just film dogshit and think it'll do well just because it's progressive. You have to also put in the work to make everything around that progressive ideal work. Good story, good characters, good world building.

But there is a problem with that.....progressiveness is bullshit. The false narrative form these folks is imaginary which is why the media that strictly tries to cater to the narrative never works because it's built upon nonsense.

In this very thread we've listed female led media, black led media, LBGT media, and all of it worked because it was media created with passion, not with a narrative in mind. Which is something this new wave of shit lacks. Passion.

Reactions: Iron

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Usually the "I dont like it, burn it" crowd are the progressive people who think the product it too normal.

Normal people don't really get upset about the "woke" movies/games/comics, etc. They just don't buy it. Thus......the "going broke" part.

That's kind of the confusing part right. There is this loud online push for more representation, but when that stuff comes out they either don't buy, don't watch, or don't otherwise support. It's almost as if all they want to do is yell and scream for things just to yell and scream about it, but don't actually care about the actual media when it gets made.

The only result is companies try to please these loud people, and the only result of it is flopped movies and shit comic books.

The Batwoman CW show, failed. Every women in the show was a Lesbian, the women were the heroes, and the show had some of the worse ratings on TV. So bad that the star bailed as soon as she could. What did CW do? They sat around and said to themselves, "Clearly we aren't progressive enough, let's make Batwoman a black lesbian this time." They are actually doubling down on the progressiveness instead of sitting down and trying to fix their writing.

There is nothing wrong with female driven shows and games. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, says Hi. But you need to make genuine characters, not stereotypes.

If they want to make a "progressive" product, then fine. But you can't just film dogshit and think it'll do well just because it's progressive. You have to also put in the work to make everything around that progressive ideal work. Good story, good characters, good world building.

But there is a problem with that.....progressiveness is bullshit. The false narrative form these folks is imaginary which is why the media that strictly tries to cater to the narrative never works because it's built upon nonsense.

In this very thread we've listed female led media, black led media, LBGT media, and all of it worked because it was media created with passion, not with a narrative in mind. Which is something this new wave of shit lacks. Passion.
very well said. They're bigots for hating people that don't agree with them, and most of this thread had been a massive projection.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Any commercial product with a radical view of anything is in very low quantity because why would a company would to instantly lose out on a large chunk of potential customers.
That's been my only point this entire time, thank you. Now I can finally rest.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
People who call Black Panther the first black super hero movie make me angry.

It is like the African American community doesnt support their own kick ass media.

Oh because Black Panther was mainstram and big? That's the only reason it was celebrated.

Nobody remembers Shaft, Spawn, or fucking Black Dynamite!!! I mean come on people ya'll is missing dope black led movies.

Oh and to hell with anyone who didnt like Shaquille O'Neil's movies. Those were awesome.

Oh what about Meteor Man staring Robert Townsend. That movie was also really cool.
Also Blade (Who is a Marvel hero) and Hancock. I mean Blade had 3 films.

Im white and i just farted these out off the top of my head.

Because the media wants to make black film leads a big deal as if they never happened before. But black led movies have been happening and awesome for a long time. But not that they are pretending it is a rare and crazy thing you would think we are still in the racist 1950's.

People have moved on from those views for the most part. The media just wants to make it seem like we havent because outrage and sensationalism brings in money.
It becomes a rallying point for certain people to say you have to support this if you're a good person and if you don't you're a terrible one. People who want to be seen as good people go to see it thinking they're part of some movement not the same old cynical Hollywood marketing that gave us American Sniper vs Selma many years back. A few outlets even tried to push Captain Marvel as the first ever female lead superhero movie, you know barely a year after Wonder Woman.

Imagine that. People that you lump into progressive because of their race/sex/sexuality. Just gonna put it out there but being a gay person doesn't automatically put you in as a progressive. Or trans. Or black. Because that is stupid
No but it's seen as diverse media which is often just what Progressives claim to want

I think you've been Onioned, bro
Unfortunately it's not. It's that reality has now become more insane than parody could imagine. Worst part is this isn't the most extreme stuff I've seen this is pretty tame. It's not like the time some-one on twitter decided to make a list of what games people should play based on their political positions

The part where you advocated for burning things because you didn't like them? Here's a bit of a reminder:

Then you pretended you didn't because getting offended is bad

Yeah. I blew right past it because you aren't interest in having a conversation. Like what's the point? You just going to pretend your right and I'm wrong. I got it man, you think I'm wrong. Dont worry, Gillette will be fine without you or me
You know the person who burned the shoes wasn't a Trump supporter right? it was an internet comedian

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

You have a point.

I mean

This is Killjoys

NUP_184982_0320-730x487.jpg

This is Vagrant Queen

vagrant-queen-elida.jpg

Same Network. Same timeslot even I think. Vagrant Queen came after Killjoys and isn't in any way connected to it. Yet the loud lot online were yelling about Vagrant Queen but almost nothing was really being said by them about Killjoys.

It's funny because DC is basically handing CW a show that should be a win if CW don't screw it up now Batwoman looks set to end and Supergirl too.
It's Stargirl. You don't hear the loud people online on about Stargirl though.

MV5BOTc5MTllOGItMWI5Yy00NWVlLWI2MTEtYzg1NTY4ZjMzNmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgzMjQ0MTA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Because the show doesn't make a big deal out of the cast because it's not making a song and dance about having a diverse cast or taking shots at previous heroes it's saying "Yes they're the new heroes taking over the mantle but they're characters first not skin colours and gender" and they haven't had to change the characters from the comic book because they were just diverse to begin with but written as characters where mostly their race and gender don't matter.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
How can you guys watch this low-budget live-action comic heroes? Every time I try I get flashbacks to Elektra in Daredevil and I can't enjoy it. I tried smallville and the flash but nothing clicked for me.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I think the people who say things like Black Panther is the first black superhero movie are normies who think superhero movies started being a thing when the first Avengers came out, or Spiderman if I am charitable. I don't expect them to even know Blade is a comic hero even if they remember the movie existing.
Also decades happened between them. A lot of people just missed it because Blade was too old for them. Spawn as well. Even more so for Shaft.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Also decades happened between them. A lot of people just missed it because Blade was too old for them. Spawn as well. Even more so for Shaft.
Also Black Dynamite animated is a romp

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I think there's been like 3 Blade movies. Though the other ones weren't as good but also more recent.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I think there's been like 3 Blade movies. Though the other ones weren't as good but also more recent.
Just checked. 2004. But I get it

I also totally forgot Hancock even existed until Dwarvenhobble said it earlier. Sometimes this stuff just slips the mind

I can understand people claiming BP was the first black superhero because they just weren't there for the OGa, were misinformed (like not understanding Blade was from comic books) or clean forgot. And yes, they should get educated on the reality of the situation

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Just checked. 2004. But I get it

I also totally forgot Hancock even existed until Dwarvenhobble said it earlier. Sometimes this stuff just slips the mind

I can understand people claiming BP was the first black superhero because they just weren't there for the OGa, were misinformed (like not understanding Blade was from comic books) or clean forgot. And yes, they should get educated on the reality of the situation
An unpopular opinion though, BP is still the first Black Superhero who didn't come from a military or Criminal background. Every other black superhero had some tie to an unsavory background and while Rhodeg and Sam are sensible and respectible individuals, previous attempts at black superheroes felt like a Tyler Perry reference.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Hey screw you. Rise of the Machines was awesome!

It was a “fun” movie with exceptional action scenes to Mostow’s credit, but Casual is right that it was basically the wet fart version of Cameron’s T2 script. I mean, they literally aped it -

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It was a “fun” movie with exceptional action scenes to Mostow’s credit, but Casual is right that it was basically the wet fart version of Cameron’s T2 script. I mean, they literally aped it -

Might be why it was the best of the trash, because it tried to ape the good ones so closely.

Reactions: Iron

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
How can you guys watch this low-budget live-action comic heroes? Every time I try I get flashbacks to Elektra in Daredevil and I can't enjoy it. I tried smallville and the flash but nothing clicked for me.
Honestly Stargirl is pretty good probably better than most of CWs entries mostly because DC also went in on it too as did it as a sort of co production.

Swamp Thing is probably DC's best one but they cancelled it because it seemingly wasn't getting the numbers mostly because it came after Titans.

You just have to find one that clicks for you I think.

We live in a world more connected with more access to information than ever and some "Journalists" couldn't even be bothered to google to see if there were films with Black Superheros before...........Really?

Also a TV series.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
We live in a world more connected with more access to information than ever and some "Journalists" couldn't even be bothered to google to see if there were films with Black Superheros before...........Really?
I think your overestimating thier abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.