Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Working from home, where I am absolutely, utterly, hopelessly buried and I am only commenting here just to get some sort of break.

My inbox has dozens and dozens of unread emails, and I'm doing things in order of people saying "Where's that thing I need in the next 15 minutes?" I have days with five hours of meetings, teaching, interviews, all generating more piles of paperwork to add to thepile I already have, plus on Monday also a ton of marking drops into the in-tray.

So honestly, I have little idea of what's going on in the country. My attention of the outside world barely stretches beyond the live US election updates.
Swim, Agema, don't swallow any water! I believe in you! I'm still a student and the several courses I have are just terribly ineffective. I can't imagine how it's like to teach like this.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Lunatic got banned on this site. And zontar never showed up. We would have known who he was by the way he talks.
Tho having Zontar around wouldn't be the same without Saelune, and their weird hate-foreplay.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The bear fucking minimum will have to do, and even then at a worryingly close rate. There is still much to despair for, but it's a start I guess. Now the precedent has been set for how much low-effort bullshit conservative voters are willing to swallow without the simplest double-check or self-reflection, so the future of right-wing rhetoric in the US and elsewhere will no doubt be capitalising from and pushing more extreme narratives they believe they can get away with.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Bad things happen in Philadelphia.
“Demuro fraudulently stuffed the ballot box by literally standing in a voting booth and voting over and over, as fast as he could, while he thought the coast was clear. This is utterly reprehensible conduct. The charges announced today do not erase what he did, but they do ensure that he is held to account for those actions,” said U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. “Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy. If even one vote is fraudulently rung up, the integrity of that election is compromised. I want the public to know that this investigation is active and ongoing, and my Office is taking every possible step that we can to ensure the integrity of the upcoming primary and general elections in the nine counties of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.”

OH NO NO NO Bad things DO happen in Philly!

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I remember last time you said this, I quoted various sections from the playbook where the Trump response has wildly diverged. Most points just went unaddressed.
I don't actually recall that. I believe that was a back and forth with lil devils, I apologize if I missed you in the fray.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
For instance, all those protests and calls to defund the police may have played out extremely poorly with a lot of voters.
I mean, look at the protests regarding the shooting of Walter Wallace, Jr. Two days, 91 arrests, including 11 for assaulting an officer and 76 for burglary. I can't imagine all the looting played out well with voters.

I wish zontar and lunatic were here to talk about this. We need their alternative viewpoints on the election.
That makes me miss Saelune.

We have a Georgia recount boys and girls! It's not over! IT'S NEVER OVER!
I mean, it was a < 0.1% difference, so no shock there. Might end up with one in PA, as well.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I mean, look at the protests regarding the shooting of Walter Wallace, Jr. Two days, 91 arrests, including 11 for assaulting an officer and 76 for burglary. I can't imagine all the looting played out well with voters.

That makes me miss Saelune.

I mean, it was a < 0.1% difference, so no shock there. Might end up with one in PA, as well.
There was no looting, that had been debunked already by snopes.
These were peaceful protests.
1604679921704.png
mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.