Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No, not seriously. That article is what's commonly referred to as "fan fiction".
I mean the media has done fan fics like this before that proved utterly. I'd love for them to be wrong but Trump doesn't seem to like them being wrong

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
As I said most people were just throwing round the claim she was a terf.

Yes some did look into it but as you've shown it's a handful. I could probably have managed 100-200 tweets easily with people calling J.K. Rowling a Terf before I got bored, if I so felt like posting but again the trend is pretty clear that people were just throwing the term Terf at her.
Hey. I don't know if you know this, but you could ASK these alledged people throwing TERF around. Perhaps they have reasons you just arent aware of.

If not, you are being the EXACT person you are calling out. Blaming someone for an action without evidence. In otherwords, your callint them NPC and you dont know anything about them. Maybe, instead of just blurting things, pretnding what their arguments are, find out about people. They might suprise you

Reactions: Avnger and Buyetyen

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that's photoshop. Otherwise, I can see why he'd be angry all the time, that would be a messed up childhood
There's some internet test floating around that has you attempt to pick whether various images of him are photoshopped or not. I think I got like 50% on it...
Ah, that explains it then. Nice and subtle, though now I also want one where he is done up as a Mr. Potato Head.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Hey. I don't know if you know this, but you could ASK these alledged people throwing TERF around. Perhaps they have reasons you just arent aware of.

If not, you are being the EXACT person you are calling out. Blaming someone for an action without evidence. In otherwords, your callint them NPC and you dont know anything about them. Maybe, instead of just blurting things, pretnding what their arguments are, find out about people. They might suprise you
I could, if I were on twitter at present and if I could / would even get a reply.

You are the one asserting they might have presented nuanced positions. I was the one claiming they were just calling her a terf not disputing her points.

If I'm wrong and they have addressed her points then feel free to present evidence the people I picked out calling her a terf have addressed her actual positions.

I showed my claims. You claim they may have addressed what she said? Ok them prove it. It's not my job to make your case for you.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Interesting if true.
Oh look section 230 being unevenly applied.

Yes CP is bad but sites are meant to be protected from users posted content if they can show a good faith attempt to remove illegal material.

Oh and don't come at me with the "But it's 8chan".

Tumblr was removed from the Apple and Google Play stores because child abuse content was being posted which wasn't being caught and removed and Tumblr still exists and it's owners etc not prosecuted over it.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Oh look section 230 being unevenly applied.

Yes CP is bad but sites are meant to be protected from users posted content if they can show a good faith attempt to remove illegal material.

Oh and don't come at me with the "But it's 8chan".

Tumblr was removed from the Apple and Google Play stores because child abuse content was being posted which wasn't being caught and removed and Tumblr still exists and it's owners etc not prosecuted over it.
Yes, 8chan is well known for making a good faith effort to remove illegal content from its platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.