Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That was the cherry on top of the press conference
Yeah, how the mighty fall. First you take down the NY mob, then you beccome "America's mayor", and then you completely screw up a presidential campaign and end up becoming an incompetent man-child's performing monkey.

Reactions: Tireseas

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yeah, how the mighty fall. First you take down the NY mob, then you beccome "America's mayor", and then you completely screw up a presidential campaign and end up becoming an incompetent man-child's performing monkey.
If I were him I'd have retired 5 years ago, prostate cancer is a *****.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Don't know. We're going to need some temporal and emotional distance to really see what the effects of his presidency were, is the real answer.
Oh you mean like how George Bush suddenly got looked on fondly despite the fact he was disliked and likely did far more damage to the US's reputation than Trump has managed (at least so far).

I wish I could take a break from politics but now there are 2 special elections in Georgia where I am going to have to donate involving the senate, the bitter partisan fight over the cabinet, the fact that 2022 congressional elections are still loaming, and many liberals will just go back to brunch, and forget about it, and 2024 with a potential worst candidate than Trump like Tucker Carlson.
Tucker Carlson might be the least of your worries.

You have Slimeball Cruz still about whose getting pretty popular because he's actually been making decent points about big tech companies.

You also have the far more insidious billionaire in the wings who unlike Trump is very much in with the Billionaires and elites.

The return of Mitt Romney

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I wish I could take a break from politics but now there are 2 special elections in Georgia where I am going to have to donate involving the senate, the bitter partisan fight over the cabinet, the fact that 2022 congressional elections are still loaming, and many liberals will just go back to brunch, and forget about it, and 2024 with a potential worst candidate than Trump like Tucker Carlson.
Tom Cotton

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
A tiny minority of actually hateful individuals.......which would mean actually blocking said law would make sense. They won't be a problem but why fight a law to block something awful that is extremely unlikely to happen
A tiny minority of actually hateful cannot enact "Sharia Law", ergo blocking them from doing so is pointless.

What is actually does is signal "we don't want Muslims here", which is bullshit

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
A tiny minority of actually hateful cannot enact "Sharia Law", ergo blocking them from doing so is pointless.

What is actually does is signal "we don't want Muslims here", which is bullshit
Ergo just pass the law and move on.

Also again plenty of Muslims don't want Sharia Law anyway they don't even like it.

Can we throw Kasich down a hole and never see him again?
Let the hate flow .png

No but seriously it there's 2 different progressive section of the Democrats.

1 that is about liberal values and liberty another that is about hatred and trying to dominate.

Attempting to stop the domination side will help stop the growing hate at least somewhat.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So I wake up and finally, FINALLY, the US has a president.

...back to sleep again.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Ergo just pass the law and move on.

Also again plenty of Muslims don't want Sharia Law anyway they don't even like it.

View attachment 1460

No but seriously it there's 2 different progressive section of the Democrats.

1 that is about liberal values and liberty another that is about hatred and trying to dominate.

Attempting to stop the domination side will help stop the growing hate at least somewhat.

I can't wait until Cheney is on the Biden cabinet, or as an advisor. US is about to start so many wars. Get ready to be drafted for Iran!

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So I wake up and finally, FINALLY, the US has a president.

...back to sleep again.
Only preliminarily lol It's still technically all going on.

Christ I'd hate to see what happens if things don't pan out as people are expecting..............

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I can't wait until Cheney is on the Biden cabinet, or as an advisor. US is about to start so many wars. Get ready to be drafted for Iran!
Well, I am ineligible so sucks for those people.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Karma.
That actually likely only means he's had the disease not is presently ill so sorry to rain on you hopes and dreams of him dying but antibodies doesn't mean he's still got Covid just that he had it and could even have been asymptomatic or mostly asymptomatic.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
That actually likely only means he's had the disease not is presently ill so sorry to rain on you hopes and dreams of him dying but antibodies doesn't mean he's still got Covid just that he had it and could even have been asymptomatic or mostly asymptomatic.
He will likely have lifelong complications.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He will likely have lifelong complications.
No. That's only in more serious cases normally.

So to you too sorry to rain on your hoping a person you don't actually know suffers life long complications because you disagree on a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.