Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So, I thought we might do a little recap.

Any diversity which you deem is good is diversity. Any diversity which you deem as bad is woke. You guys (and some peeps on YouTube) are the sole arbiter on what is deemed as bad. And it can't be poorly written because that would be an excuse why it's woke and not successful

What definitely cant be bad is anything with a cis white straight man. That get an automatic pass. And even if they do have bad movies, that doesn't mean diverse movie van be bad. Becuase that would be woke and 'destroying male legacies.'
Like I said before: "Can we please drop the hyperbole and twisting of words and actually focus on what people are saying? That'd be great, thanks."

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So, I thought we might do a little recap.

Any diversity which you deem is good is diversity. Any diversity which you deem as bad is woke. You guys (and some peeps on YouTube) are the sole arbiter on what is deemed as bad. And it can't be poorly written because that would be an excuse why it's woke and not successful

What definitely cant be bad is anything with a cis white straight man. That get an automatic pass. And even if they do have bad movies, that doesn't mean diverse movie van be bad. Becuase that would be woke and 'destroying male legacies.'
No

I did offer a definition of the stuff before. It would appear you MISSED it

No I explained before why I see Wokeness and diversity as different things.

Generally Wokeness is either:

1) Done in a way clearly not thought through

or

2) Done in a way to try and take shots at others or present superiority.

As an example of 1) Alex Rider the TV show giving is a Black girl Nazi and deciding the race swap Alex Rider essentially Nanny / house keeper for a black woman while also race swapping one of the senior operatives in the Department and Alex's hander to being white. They also put a female character in not in the original book who ends up being little more than a Damsel in Distress and implied love interest.

As an example of 2) Batwoman - "The Suit will be perfect when it fits a woman" and other such lines.
It would seem Bad media is being propped up and critics of them attack mostly when the film can be defined as fairly woke.

Can you point to the last time a piece of media with a Cis-White man as the lead was trashed and people came out in force yelling the critics were just misandrists who hate men?

Hell the last film I somewhat trashed when I wrote something about it was xXx the Return of Xander Cage because it was really bad....... wait does Vin Diesel count as White? If that doesn't count I could talk some trash about Ex Machina if you want?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
This conversation debased itself into "no u".
You're so weak.
I was just point out how easy it is to throw wronthink around. You throw it around a bit. Usually in the same paragraph as you telling everyone how to live

Reactions: Gyrobot

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No

I did offer a definition of the stuff before. It would appear you MISSED it

It would seem Bad media is being propped up and critics of them attack mostly when the film can be defined as fairly woke.

Can you point to the last time a piece of media with a Cis-White man as the lead was trashed and people came out in force yelling the critics were just misandrists who hate men?

Hell the last film I somewhat trashed when I wrote something about it was xXx the Return of Xander Cage because it was really bad....... wait does Vin Diesel count as White? If that doesn't count I could talk some trash about Ex Machina if you want?
I mean, Ex Machina was a story told so many times it was pretty much a reboot and then got heaps of praise for it... it makes me feel like reboote should be more of a thing

Anyway, how many times did the male movie get trashed specifically because a male was in it? Did you dislike Ex Machina because it had two male leads? Did they do anything that females cant? I mean, it's pretty much a movie about birth and parenthood right?

Reactions: Gyrobot

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Like I said before: "Can we please drop the hyperbole and twisting of words and actually focus on what people are saying? That'd be great, thanks."
Remember that time, 10 mins or so ago that you got offended at lesbian kissing?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I really think you guys should have a talk about hyperbole
I agree with Iron that LITERALLY KILLING THE PROTAGONIST FROM THE FIRST GAME is desecrating his legacy, and I don't think that's hyperbole. Do you? If so, why?

Remember that time, 10 mins or so ago that you got offended at lesbian kissing?
There's another thing you would be unable to quote.
Don't object to being told not to twist words by twisting words, it makes you look like you don't know what "twisting words" means.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
There's another thing you would be unable to quote.
Don't object to being told not to twist words by twisting words, it makes you look like you don't know what "twisting words" means.
Which is why making a trailer with a BIG GAY KISS front and center is a suspicious move. Is her being in lesbians important to the plot, or something? No? Then why do it?

I dunno, making "ELLIE IS GAY" the focal point of a trailer (trailers are meant to SELL YOU the game) seems like they're trying to sell you some lesbians.

TLoU 1 wasn't marketed with Bill making out with a dude, was it?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I mean, Ex Machina was a story told so many times it was pretty much a reboot and then got heaps of praise for it... it makes me feel like reboote should be more of a thing

Anyway, how many times did the male movie get trashed specifically because a male was in it? Did you dislike Ex Machina because it had two male leads? Did they do anything that females cant? I mean, it's pretty much a movie about birth and parenthood right?
Ex Machina I found not great because it just played on broad archetype characters for the most part and felt like you knew most of where it was going to go up until near the end.

As for films Trashed for a man being in them?

Any Recent Johnny Depp film lol (you made that too easy you know you did)

How many times has a film been trashed just for having a woman in it?

Because most of the time the complaints are something like.

"The Trailer is just not funny I'm not interested"

Or

"Film seems like a fairly mediocre action film really"

or

"She just seemed OP and there felt like there was no real stakes"

I can name maybe once it's happened and not by people who even saw the film, but I'm curious can you actually name an instance of a film being trashed for having a woman in it?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I was just point out how easy it is to throw wronthink around. You throw it around a bit. Usually in the same paragraph as you telling everyone how to live
You can stop lying. This isn't the first time you've misattributed things to me. You fabricated I'm in favor of "burning shit" and now I "tell everyone how to live".
You have no argument here besides lying about me. You should stop grasping at straws to drag this out.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You can stop lying. This isn't the first time you've misattributed things to me. You fabricated I'm in favor of "burning shit" and now I "tell everyone how to live".
You have no argument here besides lying about me. You should stop grasping at straws to drag this out.
Jordan was right. Republicans buy sneakers. This is a natural response, nothing sinister to it - you push too hard, you go broke

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I thought we already thought I wasnt smart enough to understand. Maybe you can tell me?
You're plenty smart. Say what you thought my quote indicates and why it either supports the claim I am for "burning shit" or "I tell everyone how to live".
I'll wait.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Any Recent Johnny Depp film lol (you made that too easy you know you did)
They're going after Johnny Depp because he's Johnny Depp. Not because he's a man

How many times has a film been trashed just for having a woman in it?

Because most of the time the complaints are something like.

"The Trailer is just not funny I'm not interested"

Or

"Film seems like a fairly mediocre action film really"

or

"She just seemed OP and there felt like there was no real stakes"

I can name maybe once it's happened and not by people who even saw the film, but I'm curious can you actually name an instance of a film being trashed for having a woman in it?
Maybe they do. Maybe I've just read two threads otherwise. I not criticising the comments in your quote here. Like, I only starting piping frequently in this conversation when there was comments that went 'there was no way this woman could take on two men in hand to hand combat." I'm not picking random criticism. I'm picking very specific criticism

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You're plenty smart. Say what you thought my quote indicates and why it either supports the claim I am for "burning shit" or "I tell everyone how to live".
I'll wait.
Alrighty. Thanks for the troll

Status
Not open for further replies.