Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Can't tell if this is an attempt at a coup or just being really Petty
Petty. If they're government employees they'll try to fire them to prevent them from collecting retirement or 401ks.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hwy, it's cool that Trump lost (barely) and a less evil person will be in charge, can you stop having big celebrations of the mass gathering kind? You know, covid, about a quarter million people in the US dead (and counting)?

Reactions: Secondhand Revenant

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Hwy, it's cool that Trump lost (barely) and a less evil person will be in charge, can you stop having big celebrations of the mass gathering kind? You know, covid, about a quarter million people in the US dead (and counting)?
Haven't you heard? Covid was Trump's fault. Now that he's gone, it isn't an issue anymore! Just like it was never an issue for all the BLM protests!

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
IKR, stop going into the streets. We still have a pandemic. There are 6500 people a day in my state getting Covid-19, 100,000 for the whole country. And it's rising everywhere.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh, ew, a board member for CAP? There's the picks I'm expecting, fucking ghouls who shouldn't have their opinions anywhere near a politician.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
If you call inane dribbling over conspiracy theories about Russian infiltration a 'level of engagement with politics', I guess?
No. I'm talking about having to keep an eye on the regular day-to-day acts that continually make the situation worse.

Just as a small snippet, here's a list of actions he and/or administration officials made just against trans folks. Now imagine that in every policy sphere. Imagine having to create numerous personal protocols so that I can continue to get medical care and insurance coverage because people like me were being erased from government guidance. Imagine having to cross your fingers every fucking day that there wasn't a new measure that allows more discrimination against you and your friends. Imagine having to look queer/trans kids in the eye, tell them that it's all going to be okay, and not be able to know if that's the truth because you're as if not more terrified of what might happen to your group because some people thought your basic rights to not be murdered for using the bathroom was a point of debate. That's been my life for the last 4 years and that's just as it relates to my trans status. It doesn't cover the utter debasement of the DoJ by Sessions and Barr, DeVos' betrayal of teachers and educators, Carson's wonton cruelty towards the low income, pretty much everything Steven Miller touches, or the utter fuck show of the administrations handling of the COIVD-19 pandemic and economic crisis.

Even then, despite you continuously parroting RT talking points, the Russian attack was real. Even the US Senate, controlled by the GOP and willing to kowtow to Trump any time they're forced to choose between the president and basic decency, acknowledged it. But that entire incident could have never happened, and we'd still have to deal with the cascade of regulatory roll backs and executive orders across every possible sphere imaginable and several we couldn't imagine. We would still be waking up every morning holding our breath that there wasn't a new international incident because the president shot off on twitter or said something impulsive on a phonecall with a foreign leader.

You may have been fine with the last four years as your lack of urgency to remove him indicates, but a lot of us weren't. A lot of us were just trying to survive a takeover of the US by a wannabe totalitarian and a party that has completely devolved into fascism, whether by action or complacency.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No. I'm talking about having to keep an eye on the regular day-to-day acts that continually make the situation worse.

Just as a small snippet, here's a list of actions he and/or administration officials made just against trans folks. Now imagine that in every policy sphere. Imagine having to create numerous personal protocols so that I can continue to get medical care and insurance coverage because people like me were being erased from government guidance. Imagine having to cross your fingers every fucking day that there wasn't a new measure that allows more discrimination against you and your friends. Imagine having to look queer/trans kids in the eye, tell them that it's all going to be okay, and not be able to know if that's the truth because you're as if not more terrified of what might happen to your group because some people thought your basic rights to not be murdered for using the bathroom was a point of debate. That's been my life for the last 4 years and that's just as it relates to my trans status. It doesn't cover the utter debasement of the DoJ by Sessions and Barr, DeVos' betrayal of teachers and educators, Carson's wonton cruelty towards the low income, pretty much everything Steven Miller touches, or the utter fuck show of the administrations handling of the COIVD-19 pandemic and economic crisis.

Even then, despite you continuously parroting RT talking points, the Russian attack was real. Even the US Senate, controlled by the GOP and willing to kowtow to Trump any time they're forced to choose between the president and basic decency, acknowledged it. But that entire incident could have never happened, and we'd still have to deal with the cascade of regulatory roll backs and executive orders across every possible sphere imaginable and several we couldn't imagine. We would still be waking up every morning holding our breath that there wasn't a new international incident because the president shot off on twitter or said something impulsive on a phonecall with a foreign leader.

You may have been fine with the last four years as your lack of urgency to remove him indicates, but a lot of us weren't. A lot of us were just trying to survive a takeover of the US by a wannabe totalitarian and a party that has completely devolved into fascism, whether by action or complacency.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Your party has bought into rhetoric utterly unsupportable with the available evidence. This is the power of propaganda. You believe because your party keeps saying it, and your Republican friends and social circles say it, and even though the evidence isn't there, it's sinking in as dogma.
You know the things I've said. You know I don't believe there's fraud enough to have turned any recent Presidential election. Don't tie me to things you know I don't believe. And don't tie people you don't know to things you don't know they believe. You know what's less fair than all the voting irregularities but together? The media stepping on the scales in what's supposed to be their factual journalism. Anyone who's seen the lies told about Republicans for what they are is going to see the elections as being unfair. And once you see all the lies, you go "Wait, if voter ID isn't racists trying to suppress black voters, why are we being told that? Why are they against voter ID?" It's not Republicans sowing the distrust. Like, why are Democrats and the media actually against voter ID? They aren't, but calling Republicans racist is their campaign strategy. It's neither about voter suppression nor about voter fraud, it's just about shady dirty politics, but it's lies regardless, so how about you blame the liars instead of the people who are skeptical of the liars.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
You know the things I've said. You know I don't believe there's fraud enough to have turned any recent Presidential election. Don't tie me to things you know I don't believe. And don't tie people you don't know to things you don't know they believe. You know what's less fair than all the voting irregularities but together? The media stepping on the scales in what's supposed to be their factual journalism. Anyone who's seen the lies told about Republicans for what they are is going to see the elections as being unfair. And once you see all the lies, you go "Wait, if voter ID isn't racists trying to suppress black voters, why are we being told that? Why are they against voter ID?" It's not Republicans sowing the distrust. Like, why are Democrats and the media actually against voter ID? They aren't, but calling Republicans racist is their campaign strategy. It's neither about voter suppression nor about voter fraud, it's just about shady dirty politics, but it's lies regardless, so how about you blame the liars instead of the people who are skeptical of the liars.
I honestly can't tell if you're so drunk off the kool aid that you don't see the truth anymore or if you think we will reject reality if you keep stating the pre-approved talking points.

Voter ids with racist intentions:

Voter suppresion with racist intentions:

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Even the US Senate, controlled by the GOP and willing to kowtow to Trump any time they're forced to choose between the president and basic decency, acknowledged it
It was an amateurish Facebook campaign and the GOP loves demonizing foreign countries as much as anyone else does. Remember that 2012 debate moment between Obama and Romney? The '80s called, they want their foreign policy back. If you read that document you linked, you'll find that anything to do with Russia had about 0.1% of the impact of garden variety voter roll purges and normal, legal campaign finance-- and that's being generous.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Voter ids with racist intentions:
Did you read that? The situation is basically as follows:

Voter ID law!
No that's racist!
Why?
Because black people have fewer IDs.
There's like 10 different kinds of ID there.
But not the ones we like!
What about the free kind, there's a free kind!
Still not good enough.
Fine! If people can't get ID, they at least have to swear they couldn't.
Nope, and you have to advertise that there are no id requirements, or else you're racist, but also you're racist anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.