Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Firstly: calling Batwoman a "major property" is like thinking Alan Scott is a major Green Lantern character
Secondly: your numbers for Stargirl are just wrong. The Batwoman numbers don't include the DVR recordings. And due to Covid, Batwoman's season got unexpectedly cut short, dropping the last two episodes
View attachment 1523
In short: if Batwoman's Going Broke after Going Woke, so's Stargirl.

Not that it matters. It'll get memory-holed as soon as it doesn't fit the narrative

1) We don't actually know if Batwoman's overall ratings include DVR or not some do.
2) Batwoman is still connected to Batman ad a property, Batman is presently a bigger property than Superman for DC. Batwoman is fairly high up there she may not be A tier Justice League mainstay level but she's at least Green Arrow tier which Stargirl really isn't in terms of renown.
3) Even without DVR numbers Stargirl was still ahead of Batwoman by the season finale lol

Just for clarity. Just to make sure. Did you or did you not like 'femdom fan wank'?
Not a fan thanks.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Not a fan thanks.
So why did we do this:

Trunkage said:
I’m pretty sure I said something like: women need to be leads only when they do it the way you like. They need to appease your sensibilities. Anything outside what you like is woke
Dwarvenhobble said;
Which I already debunked, you already made this claim and I pointed out how you seemingly Missed it. So did you miss it again? Or are you trying the same trite old narrative a 3rd time?
You dont like woke/famdom fan wank. Why were you disagreeing with me that you dont like it here? You want your females to act a certain way or say the right things. You dont want them to be woke. Why are you disagreeing with me when you clearly think that?

Reactions: Buyetyen

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
yehs and I'm saying they managed to push the themes to a more extreme degree more the people demanding change than Robin trying to help them and being seen as fighting on their behalf.
Yeah, how dare oppressed populations cheer on people who are trying to help them! Pay your fucking taxes, freeloaders!!

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Look, guys. Gotta ask.

You know that being Anti-Woke is a Free Speech issue right? You want movies using the right words. Right? That you want to take away the ability for people to say and do what they want. Right? Even if its this evil woke stuff
Being Anti-Woke is the Rights version of Cancel Culture. All about demanding business to make the products they like. Using social media to crack down on business and tanking review scores. Right?
You guys keep alluding to motives, pretending what the other side thinks. Does this make it clearer?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Look, guys. Gotta ask.

You know that being Anti-Woke is a Free Speech issue right? You want movies using the right words. Right? That you want to take away the ability for people to say and do what they want. Right? Even if its this evil woke stuff
Being Anti-Woke is the Rights version of Cancel Culture. All about demanding business to make the products they like. Using social media to crack down on business and tanking review scores. Right?
You guys keep alluding to motives, pretending what the other side thinks. Does this make it clearer?
Anything not done in service to the hobby hurts the hobby.

Recognizing this fact is not antithetical to the ideals of free speech. It's not about what you can or can't say, it's with what intention you're saying it and whether or not you make the hobby better or worse as a result.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why can't you just let creatives make the art they want to make
Do you think stuffing a game full of microtransactions is "the creatives making the art they want to make"? Why or why not?
( I don't think he'll answer this question )

FennecZephyr

Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United States
Do you think stuffing a game full of microtransactions is "the creatives making the art they want to make"? Why or why not?
No, that's capitalists coming in and fucking with the vision of the actual artists like they've always done since the dawn of time.

Just like when Hollywood focus tests a once interesting idea into bland, indistinct mediocrity.

Or the music producer pressuring the rock band to sell out and turn into pop.

Or all the queer representation in media nowadays (as long as it's vague and meaningless enough to be edited out of the film so we can sell in the countries that still stone the gays.)

It's the unrestricted lust for capital at all cost. This is what capitalists do. I guarantee you everyone doing the actual development work want to just make a good game.

Not that microtransactions were what this was about in the first place anyway, but that's what you conservatives always do when you don't have an argument.
You gesture vaguely at some imagined hypocrisy and change the topic in leu of actually making a point.

That's ma'am to you.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
1) We don't actually know if Batwoman's overall ratings include DVR or not some do.
2) Batwoman is still connected to Batman ad a property, Batman is presently a bigger property than Superman for DC. Batwoman is fairly high up there she may not be A tier Justice League mainstay level but she's at least Green Arrow tier which Stargirl really isn't in terms of renown.
3) Even without DVR numbers Stargirl was still ahead of Batwoman by the season finale lol.
1)Oh, but we do, actually. See, every time Wikipedia asserts a fact, it puts a little blue number next to it. That's called a "hyperlink" and clicking on it sends you to where Wikipedia got that information. This is where they got Batwoman's numbers: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-5-17-2020.html
2) lol, no. Batgirl, maybe, but not Batwoman. Green Arrow was on Justice League Unlimited at least, and Stargirl had an episode on the same show. Only thing Batwoman had going for her was Bat in the name
3) Slightly. the power of getting a full season instead of getting truncated by plague

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, that's capitalists coming in and fucking with the vision of the actual artists like they've always done since the dawn of time...

Or all the queer representation in media nowadays (as long as it's vague and meaningless enough to be edited out of the film so we can sell in the countries that still stone the gays.)
Yes, exactly. That's exactly what I'm against.
I'm glad you understand, Ma'am.

Why is there an apostrophe in "Ma'am"? Is it short for something?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
1)Oh, but we do, actually. See, every time Wikipedia asserts a fact, it puts a little blue number next to it. That's called a "hyperlink" and clicking on it sends you to where Wikipedia got that information. This is where they got Batwoman's numbers: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-5-17-2020.html
2) lol, no. Batgirl, maybe, but not Batwoman. Green Arrow was on Justice League Unlimited at least, and Stargirl had an episode on the same show. Only thing Batwoman had going for her was Bat in the name
3) Slightly. the power of getting a full season instead of getting truncated by plague
1) No that only states some of the numbers
2) Yeh no even Batwoman has some pull in the association to Batman, not Batgirl levels of pull but still some.
2b) Batwoman has a Batman animated film about her plus I seem to recall appeared in the Batman animated series too.
3) Stargirl did actually have a full season story arc so no it wasn't really truncated by the plague lol.

So why did we do this:

You dont like woke/femdom fan wank. Why were you disagreeing with me that you dont like it here? You want your females to act a certain way or say the right things. You dont want them to be woke. Why are you disagreeing with me when you clearly think that?
Because no acting in 1 particular way is a pretty different set of desire to "Act only in a certain way".

Saying I don't like pecan crunch icecream vs saying I only like ice cream a certain way is highly misleading at best, at worst a disingenuous move to try and cast aspersions. (Not that you haven't been trying to do that already).

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Look, guys. Gotta ask.

It's funny I was actually already ahead of this one and gave you an answer before you asked because I predicted this is where you'd go. I'd hoped you'd at least be somewhat original and not use the same playbook I've seen used so often

Well apparently they're not that big an audience.

Future answer = is just not watching
So tell me who is stopping these shows?
The only reason these shows are being stopped is lack of support.
No-one objecting to them here has the power to cancel them the answer is I and others are choosing to just not watch them.
So tell me why woke properties are uniquely entitled to peoples time and or money again and people should be uniquely obliged to engage and support them?
Surely you're not admitting that all those people on twitter and other places emphatically supporting them are either not tuning in or are the equivalent of crickets with megaphones with huge amounts of noise but not actual many people there just making it seem like that?
It's not a free speech issue. Ideologies aren't owed a certain platform size only a platform of some kind which they can get, the issue is at present the support they have is unable to hold up the platform size they seem to want

Killjoys season one waved between 1.08 Million and 0.84 Million for a Sci-Fi original series
Vagreant Queen was given the same slot initially and managed 0.38 Million which BTW dropped as low as 0.16 Million which is worse than even the lowest Killjoys dropped in 5 seasons lol

It's also worth saying you claim people rush to drop review down properties yet the most ardent defenders of said properties rush to up vote and give near perfect reviews to properties to defend them so any reviews (which are just people expressing their opinion) downvoting it are balanced out by upvotes. Unless again you're admitting one side are crickets with megaphones.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Are you summoning me? here's an answer I prepared earlier #690

Iron: As was said before... good authors don't get promoted because of wokeness. They're being asked to pay a pound of flesh at the gates. That is why the only good comics nowadays are not of the major publishers or are self-published, and why the comic book industry (especially the stores) are failing. The products are garbage. They thought they were connecting with younger audiences but it didn't sell.
I don't care about the general offense people take when it's mentioned, I find it tiresome.

Trunkage: Artist dont make 'woke' thing. They just make. We apply the woke label later when we want to make it political

Edit: This is different from a studio note saying 'we need this in our movie." Because I don't agree with that, whether its conservative, progressive or libertarian. This includes all those studio notes from the 1930s to today who say "Only white males can make this movie work. Females cant do that. Black people need to die first. etc." Studio fucking with artistic visions is (usually) bad
How pro-corporate interference am I?
Just to expand on this. Here's a video explaining the difference before the comics code and after (going from Gold to Silver age), particularly looking at Lois Lane

This is also bad corporate interference.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yeah, how dare oppressed populations cheer on people who are trying to help them! Pay your fucking taxes, freeloaders!!
more trying to have peasants be more the protesting and rioting by the sounds of things lol

God, fuck off.

Why can't you just let creatives make the art they want to make without bitching about it 24/7?

You conservatives are such god damn snowflakes.
Weird that because pointing out again that certain elements have seen so called "progressives" calling for "Moral restrictions"

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Because no acting in 1 particular way is a pretty different set of desire to "Act only in a certain way".

Saying I don't like pecan crunch icecream vs saying I only like ice cream a certain way is highly misleading at best, at worst a disingenuous move to try and cast aspersions. (Not that you haven't been trying to do that already).
It really depends. Are you trying to ban pecan crunch ice cream? Or are you just leaving it alone to do its own thing? Because right now, you're analogy doesn't make sense. For this analogy to match what you're doing, you would be stating that pecan crunch is ruining the rest of ice cream and we need to get rid of it.

Maybe you should take your analogy and learn from it? It's a perfect analogy for what you should be doing

Status
Not open for further replies.