Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I am always sincere. I do use the Socratic method, if that's what you mean by 'coy leading questions', and I won't stop doing that.
You have some of the lowest tier posts. Mostly because you misunderstand the Socratic method.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I think you all just genuinely do not get that Houseman legit seriously thinks the way he presents himself, with some occasional exceptions that are indistinguishable from the actual Houseman shit.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I think you all just genuinely do not get that Houseman legit seriously thinks the way he presents himself, with some occasional exceptions that are indistinguishable from the actual Houseman shit.
...What do I think about the way I present myself? I think you forgot to finish the end of your thought.

Hey, @crimson5pheonix you liked his post, so do you understand what he's trying to say?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
What do you think he means with his post?
You know what, I'll let you in on something: at the end of the day, the only person I post on here for is me. I post jokes/references and such that make me laugh (this is why about 90% of it involves It's Always Sunny in some way).

Also;
It's hard to tell, because lots of people on this forum have the bad habit of pretending that this is Twitter and only post one-liners or meme images
Noted.

Anyway, to re-rail this topic somewhat, it seems Arizona has finished counting all of its ballots (...maybe, they sure seem to have stopped updating the tally as often), but it looks like the final tally came in at 49.4 and 49.1 for Biden with a lead of ~11k votes. We are now a swing-state, wooh. Purple-zona. Other points of note from this election: we passed both of our ballot initiatives, props 207 (legalize recreational marijuana and allow for people to expunge any related possession crimes from your record) and 208 (a tax for better teacher pay), and we put astronaut Mark Kelly (husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords) into the Senate.

Reactions: SupahEwok

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You know what, I'll let you in on something: at the end of the day, the only person I post on here for is me. I post jokes/references and such that make me laugh (this is why about 90% of it involves It's Always Sunny in some way).

Also;

Noted.
So it seems like you're just the last person in a long line of people who have accused me of things without being able to back it up

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So much for that re-rail attempt, but oh my god, this is too much fun.
without being able to back it up
If you could hum better, that would probably help a lot. Start by learning how to properly breathe so that you don't have to audibly gasp like a fish out of water.
I figured "I just had a laugh" would have been enough, but since you seem to want an accusation so bad (and to spoil your little victory lap), I may as well oblige you as a thanks for the genuine merriment you have brought me the past couple days; it is only "civil" in the fact you didn't name call or drop f-bombs, however it is still very rude, condescending and a bit insulting...you know, kind of like posting "Waaaaaaaa".

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
(reads thread)
god damn it guys

anyway

it looks like Biden definitively won Georgia.

In other news

At this point, I don't even think he's trying to win. He is trying to illegitimate the election. If he can flip Pennsylvania or Michigan he will "prove fraud" accusations to his supporters. he's thinking that's what this will give him power

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I am always sincere. I do use the Socratic method, if that's what you mean by 'coy leading questions', and I won't stop doing that.
The thing is, the Socratic method is supposed to be a cooperative endeavour, involving the other participant on the same footing.

What I see is perhaps dressed up as Socratic questioning, but rather seems aimed towards aggravation or condescension. Perhaps we can call it the "Diogenic method".

Reactions: Buyetyen

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
(reads thread)
god damn it guys

anyway

it looks like Biden definitively won Georgia.

In other news

At this point, I don't even think he's trying to win. He is trying to illegitimate the election. If he can flip Pennsylvania or Michigan he will "prove fraud" accusations to his supporters. he's thinking that's what this will give him power
No it's just he's setting up one hell of a PR campaign to launch Trump TV from lol Claim he was cheated and his network will tell the real stories and then boom gets people in the door lol

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The thing is, the Socratic method is supposed to be a cooperative endeavour, involving the other participant on the same footing.
Is that what Wikipedia told you, seeing how "cooperative" is one of the first words in of the article? And then you just took that and ran along that train of thought, which brought you to the conclusion that the participants must be on the same footing? Because that's what it sounds like. And no, these are not socratic questions, they are rhetorical, but you're free to deny that this is what you did, regardless.

My advice would be to read the rest of the article.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
What I see is perhaps dressed up as Socratic questioning, but rather seems aimed towards aggravation or condescension.
So, Socratic questioning, then. Socrates was an asshole.
Perhaps we can call it the "Diogenic method".
I find it highly offensive that you would compare history's first great shitposter to a low grade and stale internet troll.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Guys, seriously, stay on topic or I will take away five(!!!!!) Good Boy Points from each of you and cancel the pizza party, and no one wants that.

Now back to the topic: I think Tali'Zora is a better waifu than Liar--err I mean did anyone see Giuliani melting from his head today? It looked like paint was leaking from his ears, and he's the guy Trump is paying to over-throw the Democracy?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Guys, seriously, stay on topic or I will take away five(!!!!!) Good Boy Points from each of you and cancel the pizza party, and no one wants that.

Now back to the topic: I think Tali'Zora is a better waifu than Liar--err I mean did anyone see Giuliani melting from his head today? It looked like paint was leaking from his ears, and he's the guy Trump is paying to over-throw the Democracy?
I don’t understand. Doesn’t Giuliani look like this normally?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

What I see is perhaps dressed up as Socratic questioning, but rather seems aimed towards aggravation or condescension. Perhaps we can call it the "Diogenic method".
Not trying to knock the Socratic method or anything but.... how did he die? Because ‘aggressive‘ defeated Socrates hence why it wins here

Status
Not open for further replies.