Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Since you missed it the first time: I was pointing out your dishonest rhetoric in posting a non-controversial, even fan servicey, post as a way to deflect from previous post of hers that were shitty. I never compared anyone to Hitler or the Nazis, only showing that the exact same thing you did is often done to try and defend the SS. But hey, keep hitting all them strawmen, it is all you've been doing in your replies to me and from the looks of it you've got quite the thresher.
Just wanna reiterate a point Geth said here, Nazis with cats or Nazi guards at death camps just hanging out, etc, that’s absolutely used in Holocaust denial all the fucking time. It is in fact a similar argument to point out that a place or thing or group cannot be bad because sometimes it was innocuous.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
WOW. A person was nice on Parley. That proves there could never be a mean thing said on it. CLAP. CLAP

If Parley turns out to be a great place, I'll join. I've seen other 'Free-Speech' places and there is a certain trend. So, my faith in their ability to make it a great place is low.
Plenty of people are nice on Parler.

It's funny to me all the people on about how awful Parler is just for existing don't seem to know what's going on there in reality mostly I'd say it's far less overt politics from most people on there than twitter.

Trump's words were that it was the largest inauguration in history, which is wasn't, and that it was bright and sunny, which is wasn't. In fact official photographs of the Trump inauguration were edited to show a larger crowd size than was there.
And the report that more people came to Washington than during Obama is technically true, because the next day was that Pussy Hat anti-Trump march that was the largest protest march in DC history, eclipsing Trump rainy day speech.
The numbers at the Anti-Trump march didn't eclipse the inauguration though lol. That's another false claim.

You can argue the photos were edited (they weren't they were zoomed in actually not edited as such). The thing being there's been a lot of lies passed round on both sides and a lot of narrative and spin.

E.G. the children in cages photos

You know you don't have to follow them. Twitter does similar when you sign up now, it suggests a number of people to follow or even auto follows some

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You know you don't have to follow them. Twitter does similar when you sign up now, it suggests a number of people to follow or even auto follows some
Yes, I know that. Parler's suggestions are just rather monotonous in theme.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Since you missed it the first time: I was pointing out your dishonest rhetoric in posting a non-controversial, even fan servicey, post as a way to deflect from previous post of hers that were shitty. I never compared anyone to Hitler or the Nazis, only showing that the exact same thing you did is often done to try and defend the SS. But hey, keep hitting all them strawmen, it is all you've been doing in your replies to me and from the looks of it you've got quite the thresher.
Most of the stuff on Parler is non-controversial though lol.

Also again what were these oh so controversial posts again? Saying she won't put pronouns in her bio? Pointing out throwing insults at her won't suddenly make her won't to do it?

You ended up setting up so I can call Godwins law on you. All you have is trying to pull get emotional knee jerk reactions by comparing things to the Nazis anyone could do that for any thing. It's sociopathic.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
The numbers at the Anti-Trump march didn't eclipse the inauguration though lol. That's another false claim.
No its not, whoever told you it was false was the false claim. Trump had between 300,000 - 600,000 people at his inauguration.
The Women's March on the District of Columbia(which is the real name for DC FYI) had 600,000 - 1,000,000 alone with a further 3+ million around the nation.

So no. You're wrong.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Plenty of people are nice on Parler.

It's funny to me all the people on about how awful Parler is just for existing don't seem to know what's going on there in reality mostly I'd say it's far less overt politics from most people on there than twitter.
Yes, we all know what an echo chamber is

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
What are you doing? A chimp pretending to be a dog or something?
It's good to see they got their safe space
Anyone can join Parler lol. It's not stopping people. I've seen a few angry commies roaming around in there doing nothing but yelling at people mostly.

Took me all of about 30 seconds to find stuff like this

Trump sucks.png

Tea anyone.png

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What are you doing? A chimp pretending to be a dog or something?
No, for a few hours I was a damn dirty human named Johnny Deer, a 42 year old proud American, devout Christian and white patriot from Moline, Illinois.
image.jpg

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Anyone can join Parler lol. It's not stopping people. I've seen a few angry commies roaming around in there doing nothing but yelling at people mostly.

Took me all of about 30 seconds to find stuff like this

View attachment 1685

View attachment 1686
You know how you keep going on about women in movies and games are bad... Because it's not made for you.

Same thing here. This is not made for me. I'm just not going to try to take it away from you.

I come to this site in particular because we generally have discussion from different points of view. Not 'Anyone yelling is a commie and theyre the problem. If we only got rid of the commies.'

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, for a few hours I was a damn dirty human named Johnny Deer, a 42 year old proud American, devout Christian and white patriot from Moline, Illinois.
You know I actually got a Johnny Deer as a recommendation the other day lol.

You know how you keep going on about women in movies and games are bad... Because it's not made for you.

Same thing here. This is not made for me. I'm just not going to try to take it away from you.

I come to this site in particular because we generally have discussion from different points of view. Not 'Anyone yelling is a commie and theyre the problem. If we only got rid of the commies.'
It's just funny to me people are so adamant that it's some hub of awfulness and a danger to the world.

No-one can point out to anything on there that is.

If it were minds I could understand or Gab which I believe still exists somewhere. Parler though? yeh no it's mostly shit posters and memes so far on there lol

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That's disgusting. Who would go as a human..

Also, with that name you should have gone as this
View attachment 1688
Who says I wasn't? Both the being disgusted, and the tractor bit.

My favorite color was green, favorite animal was a stag, and I worked in agriculture. Also, check where their headquarters are.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It's just funny to me people are so adamant that it's some hub of awfulness and a danger to the world.

No-one can point out to anything on there that is.

If it were minds I could understand or Gab which I believe still exists somewhere. Parler though? yeh no it's mostly shit posters and memes so far on there lol
Great sale there. I'm sure to check the hottest rignt wing meme

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Any site or social network that values freedom of speech (as an ideal) will become a homogenous echo-chamber because those who don't value freedom of speech won't ever go there, so you'll ever only hear one opinion.

One side welcomes everyone and encourages everyone to speak
The other side welcomes only a few and allows only certain viewpoints to be spoken
The other side doesn't want to go where everyone is welcomed.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble
Status
Not open for further replies.