Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's pretty hard to see what Trump could do to stay in power at this point. States are and or have certified their votes and very few, if any, of the "Fraud" legal suits seem to have any merit or chance of convincing anyone but the Trumpkins.

There's the hypothetical of GOP legislators deciding to ignore their own certified votes and state laws and just send Trump electors to the EC but that seems like a pretty long shot at this point and would immediately turn into a massive shitshow at best, with every single person involved having their life and history under a national microscope.

At worst it triggers riots, lynching and civil war.
I'd be surprised if Trump was competent enough to not lose the election he's obviously lost. However, he's normally a lot of shenanigans, what happens if in a few administrations time someone similar but not hopeless is voted out but doesn't want to leave?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I do abide by equal rules for all. If you can find anything post it by all means.

Ah yes, those dastardly web users looking up public information, how dare. And the makers are saying to blacklist everyone on the list? They aren't? You're still paranoid? Whoulda guessed?

I don't know what rules you think you're operating on, but you clearly have out of whack priorities. Or you're here thinking the only thing that matters is rhetoric. You're trying to convince me that Trump supporters will be blacklisted, having shown literally 0 proof of it. Meanwhile Trump is actually bad and doing a bad and did a bad, but you think it's rhetorically identical despite it being massively different.

So to be clear

It's a Coup even though Trump hasn't said Coup and recent info says he's even now saying to work on the Transition in even though he believes he will win

But despite people being shown to have tried to make lists and said they want people entirely deplatformed and Blackballed it doesn't count as attempts to Blacklist Trump supporters because they didn't say the specific words blacklist.

DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM HERE YET?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So to be clear

It's a Coup even though Trump hasn't said Coup and recent info says he's even now saying to work on the Transition in even though he believes he will win

But despite people being shown to have tried to make lists and said they want people entirely deplatformed and Blackballed it doesn't count as attempts to Blacklist Trump supporters because they didn't say the specific words blacklist.

DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM HERE YET?
Yes, the problem is that you can't read.

I said attempted coup for a reason, because it was attempted.

And my problem isn't that the word blacklist isn't used, my problem is you have completely failed to show that this is a problem. You brought up examples that did not agree with your assessment, and the closest you got was someone saying literally the exact opposite now of what you're saying is a problem.

It's not that they aren't using the term blacklist, it's that what AOC is calling for is not a blacklist but to not let people lie about their complicity in the current administration.

This was answered pages ago but your paranoid conspiracy theory didn't let you read it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes, the problem is that you can't read.

I said attempted coup for a reason, because it was attempted.
Sideshow Bob said:
Attempted murder. Now honestly what is that? Can you win a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?
Googling that it seems some of the GOP were using the Sideshow Bob defence for reals for another issue last year, though.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Hey Dwarvenhobble. Is this something we can all agree on?

Was Hitler a racist?
Surely you must be kidding, I thought people knew better by now... Hitler was clearly a Hero hired by the German military to become Chancellor and rid the world of an evil Globalist Pedophile Cabal. He even went on to heroically declare wars to nations refusing to take down their pedophile elites. And when he lost the war the evil Allies fabricated camps and planted corpses of victims of the Globalist Pedophile Elite Network in them. Just saw a segment on Qanon so I couldn't resist ...

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So do you also think that Pinochet's seizure of power wasn't a coup because he never used that specific word?
Under the rules of "Unless they say the exact words it doesn't count" which is the rules others seem to want to apply here it wouldn't.

It was one though.

Just like Trump's was as anyone could have predicted likely bluster.

*check notes*
Pretty sure Hitler never called himself racist. So how is it possible for you to call him racist? If he didnt say it, he cant possibly be racist
Nice to see you getting the point I've been making about the ridiculous double standard at play.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Hitler was a Race Realist obviously. He was also an Ethnostate Nationalist, which totally isn't racist fascist at all.
I think the term you are looking for is Eugenicist. Race Realism is a term only for the last 40ish years and thus cannot possible be retroactively applied to Hitler.

These two sentences would be a whole lot funnier if they were actual words spoken by people.
Under the rules of "Unless they say the exact words it doesn't count" which is the rules others seem to want to apply here it wouldn't.

It was one though.

Just like Trump's was as anyone could have predicted likely bluster.

Nice to see you getting the point I've been making about the ridiculous double standard at play.
So... no coup has happened ever. I'll be sure to let everyone know about the new rules

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Ultimately he will leave office?
Yes.

I said weeks, months ago that he doesn't really have the balls for a contest of that magnitude. He's spent the last week climbing down and facing up to reality that in mid-January he's not president any more. Sure, he's going to carry on whining and raging and moaning that he only lost because of fraud, and he will probably engage in a myriad host of petty obstructions, but when the removal men come to the WH for his stuff, he's walking out voluntarily.

I suspect he won't attend Biden's inauguration - he would do so in his official position of loser, which I don't think he would stomach.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You're still imagining an impossible series of events. The discovery of untrue statements cannot spark the investigation that "discovered" them. That just isn't how cause and effect works.
Uhrm... you've got two sets of untrue statements mixed up. The investigation was sparked by Flynn lying to V.P. Pence and Sean Spicer, which James Comey discovered (lie #1). During the investigation, he then lied to the FBI (lie #2).

I know, it's hard to keep it all straight, what with such a huge amount of lying.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Uhrm... you've got two sets of untrue statements mixed up. The investigation was sparked by Flynn lying to V.P. Pence and Sean Spicer, which James Comey discovered (lie #1). During the investigation, he then lied to the FBI (lie #2).

I know, it's hard to keep it all straight, what with such a huge amount of lying.
It depends how you look at it. Flynn was already a "person of interest" to the FBI over previous Russia links. The FBI was looking at closing that down as nothing had turned up that it saw was incriminating, until the Flynn-Kislyak calls emerged which caused considerable concern.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I love it how ye just ignore what happened in favor of your favorite "they're all stupid and incompetent" argument, as if the general wasn't tricked into a confession in favor of a plea deal, which was then taken off the table. I bet if this was made with real people, and not evil Republicans, you'd have been more sensible and honest.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I love it how ye just ignore what happened in favor of your favorite "they're all stupid and incompetent" argument, as if the general wasn't tricked into a confession in favor of a plea deal, which was then taken off the table.
"Tricked into" a guilty plea that he then stuck with for 2 years until just before sentencing. Sure thing.

One also wonders why he would take a plea if he didn't think he would be found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.