Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
There's a nice LARP where Army Spec Ops fought CIA contractors in Frankfurt for the Dominion Servers, but as always, nothing ever happens.
Yes, a very real thing I’m sure happened because we’re willing to believe that all the voting information went through servers in Germany but not that this implies far more extreme vulnerabilities than someone being able to do an armed raid on said servers.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Assumedly it’s a very controlled version thereof,
Nope, just normal windows. It was a laptop, not a voting machine, not a tabulator, you know that right? Of course you do, you saw the video and are fully informed as I am, or maybe even better informed, right?

Oh, no, what's that, you thought it was the actual voting machine itself? Well that explains your confusion.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yes, a very real thing I’m sure happened because we’re willing to believe that all the voting information went through servers in Germany but not that this implies far more extreme vulnerabilities than someone being able to do an armed raid on said servers.
Huh? The LARP was about Army VS. CIA shenanigans. Jason-bourne-tier plot

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
In one of the tweets, you can see that the return address on the shipping label is in some place in Florida. Why would that be?

But ballots were in the custody of the government, and they passed off those ballots off to non-government carriers like UPS and FedEx instead of using USPS or anything else? Is that what you're now claiming? That's standard operating procedure?
Better question: Do you even know what you're claiming at this point? Because I don't think you've actually given it any consideration. You're just so desperate to find any reason to justify Trump and his base's temper tantrum that you lap up any and all bullshit they feed you uncritically and not only without vetting it, but apparently without actually thinking about it. At this point you are alleging that there there was a conspiracy between Dominion (which is erroneously conflated with Smartmatic or otherwise conspiring with them), the poll workers, the election officials, the executive branch of multiple states (including ones controlled by Republicans), the judiciary of multiple (if not all) states (including several Trump appointees), postal carriers, the OSCE, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and even the Department of Justice and Barr himself. Do I even need to explain how ridiculous that is?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Nope, just normal windows. It was a laptop, not a voting machine, not a tabulator, you know that right? Of course you do, you saw the video and are fully informed as I am, or maybe even better informed, right?

Oh, no, what's that, you thought it was the actual voting machine itself? Well that explains your confusion.
Ok, why the fuck do you care what OS is on the dude’s work laptop, or anything he does with data on it? I thought you were mad he plugged a USB into the server.
Edit: also, yes, I refuse to watch video being spread by Ron Watkins for obvious reasons.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
HAAHAHAHAH you're so uninformed, it's adorable.
Fine Houseman, what exactly occurred that you’re upset about? Can you put it in words or are you just gonna keep posting Watkins tweets?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I’ll admit I was wrong, but past experience had led me to believe that Houseman was indeed the individual he presented himself as rather than a troll trying to drive a narrative without any fundamental belief in it, which is a profoundly un-Socratic move tbh.
I mean, you took someone who claimed to use the Socratic method, but always used it wrong at face value :V

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Okay then, you're free to plug your ears, ignore everything, and sleep soundly listening to the soothing tones of CNN telling you that everything is okay and your democracy is sound, and to ignore all the 7 and 8 hour hearings going on where parades of witnesses give testimony under penalty of perjury.
I don't get my news from CNN or MSM or FOX or whatever mainstream news outlet you wanna list. And, I'm not really too big on the whole democracy "experiment" either.

Get back to me when there's an actual case about fraud that goes to an actual trial and isn't dismissed immediately.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
They did a check on a sample of 100 ballots in AZ (a stupidly small number) and found 2 erroneous ones.

One Trump ballot was dropped
Another ballot was switched from Trump to Biden.

Houseman, forreal, if this does go unchallenged and Trump concedes, is there even a reason to support him? If he couldn't stop the fraud as the most powerful being in the US, then what good is he?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Houseman, forreal, if this does go unchallenged and Trump concedes, is there even a reason to support him? If he couldn't stop the fraud as the most powerful being in the US, then what good is he?
AFAIK, the President isn't all that powerful. The Senate and House, Supreme Court, and all the other agencies are where the real power is, and that's purposefully spread up between hundreds of people. Checks and balances and all that. Trump can't just command the FBI to seize all the vote counting machines, or ballot boxes or whatever.

But no, I don't think there would be a reason to still support him.

Some might, because they might think that he is the personification of the America, and that he, personally, deserves to be followed.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
And Trump claimed 2016 was fraudulent too and he did nothing to fix anything in 4 years. He's really just doing this now so if he tries again in 2024, he can use this whole "2020 was stolen!!!" as his campaign slogan and get money from people as well.

Reactions: Agema
Status
Not open for further replies.