Cyberpunk 2077 Review thread - Umm....

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It was a business decision to do this. They knew that not everyone has a PC, PS5, or Series X. Still how come multiple games on Xbox One and PS4 performed better like RDR2, COD Cold War, and modern warfare. I will tell you why it's because those devs took their time, and learn to optimize.

I would have been fine had they limited it to only people with RTX 1060, or above(Also next-gen consoles). I would have just played God Of War, but I wasn't given any of this information on the PS4, instead, I was fed lies about it from CDProject Red, about how the base consoles worked fine, and I fell for the hype, and preordered on Sony's PlayStation store.

And yes the right is defending this game, the Quartering for example is defending it.
As someone who played Call of Duty MW and Cold War holy shit are those games not optimized.

Cold War crashes constantly, the MW got less stable with literally every update since they added Warzone. Those games are an absolute shitshow on PC.

Also, I'm sorry that you got sucked into getting the PS4 version of Cyberpunk, but people have been saying for months that the delays were caused by poor optimization on the older consoles so you really should have seen that coming. Also, pre-ordering in general is for suckers. If you buy a product before any reviews are out that's kind of a buyer beware deal.

Mind you I'm not defending the game. I've played for a few hours and am getting serious bethesda vibes from some of the bugs. People clipping through walls, weapons disappearing from people's hands, etc, but again, if you preordered without knowing what you were getting into that's your own fault.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So about 8 hours in and I'm getting lost in the side stuff too much so I haven't even met the main big fixer guy yet, game's excellent so far haha. Oozing atmosphere and content up the wazoo.

I dunno what the supposed issue is but I'm playing it on ps4 and it's fine. Not had any bugs or crashes or anything.

One of the things I don't get about this game is why the right-wing is defending it. When the left-wing defends Last of Us 2 from subjective story/plot based attacks at least that game had good production values, this game is basically class warfare or warfare against causals who can't refresh online market place pages for graphics cards, and next-Gen consoles.

This game sucks, and I had high hopes for this game.

Oh, and for those who will call me too "poor" to afford a next-gen console at eBay prices or an RTX 3070/3080(3090 in my opinion is diminishing margin returns). No, I could afford most of these, and I could wait in line or spend hours refreshing IGN deals, but those are entertainment goods, and in a pandemic in the US, if you lack the cushion for healthcare you're dead or bankrupted, and will never get a loan ever again so I won't pay 1500 for a PS5, or wait in the early mornings for an RTX 3080 computer for that reason.

And yes Game politics is a thing.
I don't think the right defends it, I think the uber-leftists just like to think that everyone defending it is right wing because they took an issue with it and anyone they take an issue with and everyone who defends that is to them right wing by definition, when in fact you just have a wide swath of people, most of whom are actually centrist or center-left purely on a demographic/age group basis, who generally are cool with the anti-corporatist message and just don't care about the trans stuff that SJWs were whining about(which is enough for some people to see them as "right wing" but which in actually doesn't make them right wing).

I think mostly everyone who is young, definitely within the core demographic this game is aiming for, is for the economic policies of the left or at least more so than those of the right, just not for the social/cultural ones. And to people who identify with their economics more than with their cultural issues, that will suffice to make them not be "right wing".

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I think we are seeing that an April launch date was never realistic. The fact that CP77 was only "feature complete" by April, ie just out of Alpha, is clear indication that CDPR had vastly underestimated the scope of the project. Considering the number of bugs fixed by the day 1 patch (and all those that remain in the game) and the generally unpolished and uneven nature of the game, it is safe to say that CP77 had a very rushed beta phase. The entire polish phase, where the devs put a lot of time into improving load times, streaming processes etc. seems to have been left out almost entirely judging by how bad things are on previous gen consoles.
Yeah, but the game was announced like in 2013 or something and went in full development after TW3 which is like 5,5 years ago now. At one point you can ask how much time do they need? I think the real problem is that a lot of these developers just overreach and can't scale back. Like, they aim for the moon but the rocket explodes somewhere midway the stratosphere. It's not even necessary b/c almost no one has time for these 100+ hours games anyway. They could have reduced some futures, compressed the city more and cut some superfluous content. It would have still been amazing and you could still add more content down the line. I really feel that with CP2077 CDPR thought ''we can't let the fans down, we need to blow away expectations'' without being realistically able to hold on to that premise. There are too many moving parts that make the game engine chug along, glitch or bug out. Another detriment of all these calculations is that the graphics really don't look that great. The driving is also pretty bad and the streets are empty. The ragdoll physics are also some of the worst I've seen in an open world game.

And still the game has an irresistable charm to it. When it all comes together it's one of the best experiences I've had in gaming. The high stakes storyline with character interactions that can escalate at any moment into a furious gunfight with pumping techno soundtrack. The quiet moments where Night City really feels like an entity of it's own. The quality of the writing and anticipation of new adventures. The top notch world building. The creative/artistic qualities of the game are terrific. It's just a downer that it somewhat fails in it's execution. But fortunately that is the one thing that can be fixed.

Last edited:

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
If you like cyberpunk, look at Ruiner. Assuming you don't mind top down shooters. Ruiner has a great aesthetic.
Do you have any other recommendations. I have crunch itch and the Shadowrun games can only do so much.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, strange, it's like they're not a monolith/hivemind or whatever...
Or that the offense is manufactered and real people aren't all that bothered by media bullshit.

I thought this game was being touted as extremely pro-trans because you can put anything on anything?
No clue. Maybe. But my biggest problem is that my fe-mail V's dick keeps poking out of her pants. Which is not only inappropriate but it also ruins the surprise.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Apparently you can get Street Cred for collecting bounties from the police, which...

I don't know much about The Street, but that seems exactly wrong. You'd think it would be exactly to opposite, but that's apparently not an option

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Apparently you can get Street Cred for collecting bounties from the police, which...

I don't know much about The Street, but that seems exactly wrong. You'd think it would be exactly to opposite, but that's apparently not an option
"Yo dawg! V is a major playa bro, my dude does jobs for the cops! Let's show him into our illegal drug ring."

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
They don't. You can use the man voice with the girl body and visa versa.
I think what happens is that people refer to you as either he or she based on the voice you pick. Man voice = people use "he" pronouns.
That's just what I've heard.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I think what happens is that people refer to you as either he or she based on the voice you pick. Man voice = people use "he" pronouns.
That's just what I've heard.
Oh, maybe. I guess they have to tie it to something, voice or body. What's the difference? Either way you can manipulate your character's gender identity. You just don't have total free range over the entire 100 gender spectrum, which isn't a reasonable request to make anyway.

At least there are SOME options.