Cyberpunk 2077 Review thread - Umm....

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Uggggh just had a no-gun glitch/unequip or pull weapons. SO I had to watch the sex scenes by going to a prostitute which fixes it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yeh. All the hype, which CDprojekt has eagerly played up of course, has given lots of people the expectation they are an infallible superstar dev, when the reality is more along the lines of eurojank with really high production values.
I really don’t get corporate tribalism. Or product tribalism. I can say Witcher 3 was my favourite game of 2015 while still pointing out its faults. Just because something is good, doesn’t wash away everything bad. Just because something is bad, doesn’t wash away all the good

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The sex scenes in this game aren't good compared to say Skyrim mods.
there are some nasty modders out there and Cyberpunk hasn't been around long enough for the modding community to get their hands on it yet. Just you wait, you'll be having cybernasty soon enough.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Afraid so. There is no PS5 version it's just the PS4 version in BC mode. You'll probably have the best experience 6 months to a year from now when the next gen update is out.
Wow, I had no idea about that. I assumed that the PS5, Xsex, and PC were running similar versions. If all the consoles are running the last gen version then that's pathetic, and I can absolutely understand why anyone playing on a PS5 and Xsex would (and should) be pissed.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Just wait until you get to the part in the story where you HAVE to watch an unskippable sex scene. They make me cringe every time and I've been ambushed by at least two of them.
I mean, I doubt I'm gonna play it for a while(like months), just that a bug like that sounds....wierd, to say the least.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Oof. Truly embarrassing for CDPR. From being the most consumer friendly to this. It's like they say, trust comes on foot and leaves on horseback.
Exactly as expected.

Developed for PC and the console versions basically ports. And now some of those ports have issues.

Maybe they should have given up publishing them all at the same date.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So just beat act 1 at about 20 hours and man, so many crazing things happened all at once. I love the Jp voice acting in this, old man Arasaka is voiced by Igor from P5.

Now the world opened up so I'm looking forward to exploring everything.

The sex scenes in this game aren't good compared to say Skyrim mods.
They have more dynamic angles compared to the Witcher 3. Not sure on mods though lol.

So, I apparently just hit the Point of No Return quest. The thing is, it comes way too soon in a narrative sense. Without spoiling (but if you don't want any spoilers as to the narrative structure, stop reading here): After the prologue is done and the main story is a go you get three different leads to pursue to find out more about the Gizmo that's driving the plot. You do these three and find out more about it and what you need to do to save the day... and then it is end game! The problem is that it feels as if there's a whole act missing, in which you use the knowledge you have acquired to work your way towards the end. Instead you go straight for the big resolution.

It really is one of those things that makes you realize that CP77 must have been a real disaster of a development, because it is giving me the same vibes as Malachor V from KOTOR2. No doubt there must have been more content in the middle that got scrapped, because if you go straight for main quest only, I doubt you'd be even halfway to the level cap.
I think the idea is that most of the game is the sidequests which are optional. The main story is kinda like skyrim but you can spend a ton of time delving into every nook and cranny of the world.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So, I apparently just hit the Point of No Return quest. The thing is, it comes way too soon in a narrative sense. Without spoiling (but if you don't want any spoilers as to the narrative structure, stop reading here): After the prologue is done and the main story is a go you get three different leads to pursue to find out more about the Gizmo that's driving the plot. You do these three and find out more about it and what you need to do to save the day... and then it is end game! The problem is that it feels as if there's a whole act missing, in which you use the knowledge you have acquired to work your way towards the end. Instead you go straight for the big resolution.

It really is one of those things that makes you realize that CP77 must have been a real disaster of a development, because it is giving me the same vibes as Malachor V from KOTOR2. No doubt there must have been more content in the middle that got scrapped, because if you go straight for main quest only, I doubt you'd be even halfway to the level cap.
Isn't that exactly how wicther 3 worked? Three main quests (that are just thinly veiled excuse to force you to go to the three main hub to do side quest) and then end game.

I gotta say, as someone who thought witcher 3 wasn't anything special, I'm kinda baffled that cyberpunk reception is so iffy when the two seems incredibly similar:
-Incredibly buggy launch.
-Poor main story that mostly exist to get you to do side quest.
-Large empty world devoid of activity.
-Repetitive quest design that boil down to fetch or kill quest.

Yet somehow all of this is either ignored or forgiven in the case of witcher 3. I wonder if maybe a lot more people are playing cyberpunk at launch and when they played witcher 3 long after release and so are more annoyed with the bug?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs