Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Fourth book in the stormlight archive series just came out. Super happy to continue this story. If I recall correctly part 1 will be 5 books so this is getting to a crescendo.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Found these adult toys for weirdos like me

41MyEJorpVL._AC_.jpg

41qds7PvQ+L._AC_.jpg

For anxiety and other mental annoyances, so next time I'm in public, to stop freaking out other people with panicked speech accidents, instead they can be freaked out by a darkly dressed stranger fiddling with sentinel spheres from the Phantasm movies while nervously twitching their eyes. Sweet progress!

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
A 12-piece tupperware set, four pieces of which are just about big enough for a sperm sample, and hence are useless as I'm not a doctor.

Reactions: gorfias

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
Found these adult toys for weirdos like me

View attachment 1721

View attachment 1722

For anxiety and other mental annoyances, so next time I'm in public, to stop freaking out other people with panicked speech accidents, instead they can be freaked out by a darkly dressed stranger fiddling with sentinel spheres from the Phantasm movies while nervously twitching their eyes. Sweet progress!
I read "adult toys for weirdos" and started wondering what you're supposed to do with those.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Okay. Over here int he states, it's still $44.95 for Black Friday. It used to be $40, but they then changed it around 2018.
Argentina's relationship with the dollar is kinda fucked up anyway. Any spending abroad comes with a 64% overcharge of combined VAT, income and emergency taxes. Basically you pay an extra $0.64 cents for every dollar you spend. With income tax (35%) being deductible, the net total is going to be $38.70.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Argentina's relationship with the dollar is kinda fucked up anyway. Any spending abroad comes with a 64% overcharge of combined VAT, income and emergency taxes. Basically you pay an extra $0.64 cents for every dollar you spend. With income tax (35%) being deductible, the net total is going to be $38.70.
Shit that is rough. I can't add anything else to that. Hope you're doing okay though.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
A replacement display for my Nokia 8.1 (dropped it on concrete) and a cheap case to prevent it from happening again.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I braved the pandemic a couple weeks ago and flew home to Ohio for Thanksgiving and netted myself this most coveted seasonal beer, Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter. Yuengling is a notoriously stingy brewery based out of Pennsylvania (apparently the oldest in the USA) that only distributes to the East cost and parts of the Midwest, so I'm not able to get it here in Texas, not even in liquor stores that sell wide varieties of import/expensive beers. This stuff? Found it in a gas station a mile from my parents' house. Me and my dad knocked out a six-pack, and I smuggled four bottles on the plane back here. Stupid delicious, it tastes exactly like Hershey's syrup less the sweetness. It's like my childhood and adulthood had a baby.

1607366724896.png

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Christmas shopping for family:
  • $25 Gift Card to Foreman Mills clothing store. Goes to my dad.
  • A Blu Ray player and the Rush Hour Trilogy (Blu Ray) for my mom.
  • Yakuza: Like A Dragon (XONE) for my older brother.
I got $170 from my mom to buy my stuff for Christmas. I put it towards an Amazon Gift Card.
  • Turbo Grafx Mini
  • Turbo Grafx Mini HORI Pad Controller
  • In The Mouth of Madness (Blu Ray)
  • Guyver 2: Dark Hero (DVD)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Okay. Over here int he states, it's still $44.95 for Black Friday. It used to be $40, but they then changed it around 2018.
I stacked mine using sales, including from cdnow.com and I'm good till early 2023. Gold expires next August. Rarely a sale. :-(
ITMT: I'm becoming an audiophile. Low level. My stuff are comprised of toys compared to the real deal. But, I am told for home theater, your center channel is key. So, I R&R
1608722803945.png

It does provide a very nice rich sound over the tiny smaller Polk. So, PS5 and Xbox Series X have to wait for a new AVR and maybe some rear speakers to replace some small JBL satellites. Looking at this deal. Sony is usually Hershey chocolate to everyone elses' Godiva but these are supposed to be very special, especially considering the price. 1608722981501.png

But, what to get for an AVR. I'll spend about $500. Your advice is invited.

EDIT: Same Sony speakers are now about $150. Christmas sales over. Wonder when the next set of sales will be. Summer Sales?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sketchers Snow Boots
Tenet - One of my cousins got me a Target gift card, so I used it on that.
Zombie Army - One of my aunts got me a Best Buy gift card, so that was perfect.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Away for the holidays, but as soon as I'm back there's a bunch of indies on sale I wanna get:

Hotline Miami Collection $5
The Sexy Brutale $5
Axiom Verge $8
My Friend Pedro $10

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, recap of my previous month of purchases (including Christmas gifts):

Bought my dog a new collar and a spiral chew for his birthday/adoption anniversary (it seems like they just guessed his age and put his birth date as when he was picked up, but I've had him for five years now).
Pig ears for all the dogs that my family owns, and a couple of cheap toys for my little sister's cat.
A couple of Clint Eastwood movies for my father for Christmas (Gauntlet and Play Misty For Me).
Gift cards for the rest of my family (would have got them actual items, but it's hard to figure out what to get them that they didn't already have).

And as for myself;
A few CDs (Jethro Tull's This Was and Thick As A Brick, and DJ Shadow's The Private Press).
DJ Shadow Live In Manchester on vinyl.
One Punch Man season 2 on bluray.
A guitar (a left-handed acoustic Fender dreadnought).